Controller Problems? Am I going crazy?

Discus and support Controller Problems? Am I going crazy? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; long time xbox player, always had gold, and I used to love customising xbox controllers. I keep replacing my NEW controllers after a few months. I just... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jeffery Wafflez, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Controller Problems? Am I going crazy?

long time xbox player, always had gold, and I used to love customising xbox controllers. I keep replacing my NEW controllers after a few months. I just don't understand, seems obvious they arn't built to last even 6 months. I baby all my stuff
    putting the controller back in the box after use and here I am 2 months out with the same problems as the last two controllers. Do I start up a 95% working controller buisness? Someone help me from turning my back on the greed of this obvious obselence,
    I just wanna play some xbox ‍♂️

:)

Jeffery Wafflez, Jul 6, 2019
  2. XBOX TECH VIRUS Win User

Hi there,

have you tried testing the controller,

if you press the home button

Go to settings

then select All setting

Scroll to Kinect and devices

Select devices

and test the controller

this can advise if the controller is working or not.
  3. XBA_Hype Win User

if its in warranty just get a free replacement. I also advise to buy insurance when purchasing a controller if available, I get my controllers from my local ARGOS and can change my controller at the end of 3 year or before if it gets damaged or breaks.
  4. Phantom of End Win User

long time xbox player, always had gold, and I used to love customising xbox controllers. I keep replacing my NEW controllers after a few months. I just don't understand, seems obvious they arn't built to last even 6 months. I baby all my
    stuff putting the controller back in the box after use and here I am 2 months out with the same problems as the last two controllers. Do I start up a 95% working controller buisness? Someone help me from turning my back on the greed of this obvious obselence,
    I just wanna play some xbox 🤷‍♂️
    I've been gaming on xbox for [Mod Removed- Profanity] near fifteen years and I can't even fathom the number of controllers I've destroyed. I now own three xbox elite controllers and two are broken. The 3rd controller I just bought yesterday.

I buy a protection plan every time nowadays. If you know the controller's gonna break or malfunction under your ownership, you should spend the extra cash for a protection plan. You'll save money in the long run. If you get two controllers with a protection
    plan each, you'll always have a backup even when you gotta send one in.
  5. Ennileah ☆ Win User

Hi there Jeffery Wafflez

Thanks for visiting the forums today, I am sorry you are having issues with your controllers.

I am wondering if your controllers are Official Microsoft Xbox ones, Officially licensed 3rd party ones or if you use 3rd party unlicensed controllers that some retailers sell?? Like Parity, my controllers are over 4 years old now and still work perfectly...
    I have had no issues with my Xbox one controllers at all and I use an officially licensed recharging station. I always use official Xbox controllers or officially licensed ones as their quality I find is far superior to the 3rd party unlicensed ones.

Official Xbox controllers do come with a 90 day warranty and as Parity advised you can request a repair from Microsoft on those following the steps he gave... most controllers from other retailers usually come with a short warranty also. If you have purchased
    yours from a 3rd party retailer, it may be worth going back to them with proof of purchase to ask for a replacement or refund.
  6. AridLizard Win User

you are not going crazy. Xbox One controllers are not as sturdy as previous Xbox controllers. I still have a 10 year old 360 controller (it's an Afterglow controller if anyone is interested) and that had heavy use and still works, yet the One controllers
    seem to get stick drift after a few months and the buttons start behaving weirdly.

sometimes buttons are not recognised and other times a single press counts as multiple inputs (not helpful if it happens changing gear in a racing game as a shift down from 2nd to 1st gear will often see me going into reverse and that's the race lost).

it's such a shame that you can't use the 360 pad on the One
Thema:

1. Controller Problems? Am I going crazy? - Similar Threads - Controller Problems going

2. XBoX One Controller model 1708 headset problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBoX One Controller model 1708 headset problem: Hi, okay so my controller doesnt detect my headset. I've read and realise theres no but I have found a workaround. So i have another newer controller but the LB button is broken so its not usable...
  3. problem with controller xbox one elite on PC, again.

in XBoX on Windows
    problem with controller xbox one elite on PC, again.: Good evening, good morning I have a problem, again, with my Xbox One elite controller, a few months ago, I returned my controller because of a joystick problem appeared after a few hours of use....
  4. i am trying to connect my wireless xbox one s controller to my windows labtop, the problem...

in XBoX on Windows
    i am trying to connect my wireless xbox one s controller to my windows labtop, the problem...: i am trying to connect my wireless xbox one s controller to my windows labtop, the problem is the computer is asking for a pin. where is it/which sheet of paper is it on?...
  5. Problem with controller not being responsive when playing games or even using apps

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with controller not being responsive when playing games or even using apps: I have been running into an issue with my Xbox one controller lately when I’m playing games or even using app or even scrolling through the homescreen dashboard or even when I’m in the store. when...
  6. control parental problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    control parental problem: parental control problem on Xbox 360 80357975-1a24-460f-9d8d-a84f1e2966c9
  7. Problem sound with controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem sound with controller: Hello, I have had a xbox one design lab controller for one year (I still have the receipt). I have a problem with the sound of the controller when I connect the headset. I have no sound at all...
  8. Halo: Combat Evolved PC Controller Problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Halo: Combat Evolved PC Controller Problem: I use the left analogue stick to look in Halo: CE PC, and unfortunately the character keeps looking down and to the right. This is not the case with any other game, whether I am using the X-Box...
  9. Series 2 Elite controller- any specifics on improvements regarding known problems?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series 2 Elite controller- any specifics on improvements regarding known problems?: I watched the presentation on the new Elite controllers announced at E3, and I’m impressed in the complete rebuild and new features. But more than anything else, I want to know what has been done...
  10. Xbox controller sync problems

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox controller sync problems: Anybody on the Xbox one x having sync problems with there controller the last couple hours. submitted by /u/EvilBeingz [link] [comments]