Controller Problems? Am I going crazy?

Discus and support Controller Problems? Am I going crazy? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; long time xbox player, always had gold, and I used to love customising xbox controllers. I keep replacing my NEW controllers after a few months. I just... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jeffery Wafflez, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Controller Problems? Am I going crazy?

long time xbox player, always had gold, and I used to love customising xbox controllers. I keep replacing my NEW controllers after a few months. I just don't understand, seems obvious they arn't built to last even 6 months. I baby all my stuff
    putting the controller back in the box after use and here I am 2 months out with the same problems as the last two controllers. Do I start up a 95% working controller buisness? Someone help me from turning my back on the greed of this obvious obselence,
    I just wanna play some xbox ‍♂️

:)

Jeffery Wafflez, Jul 6, 2019
  2. XBOX TECH VIRUS Win User

Hi there,

have you tried testing the controller,

if you press the home button

Go to settings

then select All setting

Scroll to Kinect and devices

Select devices

and test the controller

this can advise if the controller is working or not.
  3. XBA_Hype Win User

if its in warranty just get a free replacement. I also advise to buy insurance when purchasing a controller if available, I get my controllers from my local ARGOS and can change my controller at the end of 3 year or before if it gets damaged or breaks.
  4. Phantom of End Win User

long time xbox player, always had gold, and I used to love customising xbox controllers. I keep replacing my NEW controllers after a few months. I just don't understand, seems obvious they arn't built to last even 6 months. I baby all my
    stuff putting the controller back in the box after use and here I am 2 months out with the same problems as the last two controllers. Do I start up a 95% working controller buisness? Someone help me from turning my back on the greed of this obvious obselence,
    I just wanna play some xbox 🤷‍♂️
    I've been gaming on xbox for [Mod Removed- Profanity] near fifteen years and I can't even fathom the number of controllers I've destroyed. I now own three xbox elite controllers and two are broken. The 3rd controller I just bought yesterday.

I buy a protection plan every time nowadays. If you know the controller's gonna break or malfunction under your ownership, you should spend the extra cash for a protection plan. You'll save money in the long run. If you get two controllers with a protection
    plan each, you'll always have a backup even when you gotta send one in.
  5. Ennileah ☆ Win User

Hi there Jeffery Wafflez

Thanks for visiting the forums today, I am sorry you are having issues with your controllers.

I am wondering if your controllers are Official Microsoft Xbox ones, Officially licensed 3rd party ones or if you use 3rd party unlicensed controllers that some retailers sell?? Like Parity, my controllers are over 4 years old now and still work perfectly...
    I have had no issues with my Xbox one controllers at all and I use an officially licensed recharging station. I always use official Xbox controllers or officially licensed ones as their quality I find is far superior to the 3rd party unlicensed ones.

Official Xbox controllers do come with a 90 day warranty and as Parity advised you can request a repair from Microsoft on those following the steps he gave... most controllers from other retailers usually come with a short warranty also. If you have purchased
    yours from a 3rd party retailer, it may be worth going back to them with proof of purchase to ask for a replacement or refund.
  6. AridLizard Win User

you are not going crazy. Xbox One controllers are not as sturdy as previous Xbox controllers. I still have a 10 year old 360 controller (it's an Afterglow controller if anyone is interested) and that had heavy use and still works, yet the One controllers
    seem to get stick drift after a few months and the buttons start behaving weirdly.

sometimes buttons are not recognised and other times a single press counts as multiple inputs (not helpful if it happens changing gear in a racing game as a shift down from 2nd to 1st gear will often see me going into reverse and that's the race lost).

it's such a shame that you can't use the 360 pad on the One
Thema:

1. Controller Problems? Am I going crazy? - Similar Threads - Controller Problems going

2. Problem after doing latest firmware update for controller

in XboX Insiders
    Problem after doing latest firmware update for controller: I have noticed an issue after doing the latest firmware update for my controller for my new play and charge kit after doing the latest firmware update for my controller. after my controller...
  3. Xbox one X controller problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X controller problem: I have been trying to input my serial number for wireless controller to check my warranty and it just gets stuck on checking for serial number with the green circle moving round and round, driving...
  4. Controller problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller problem: The sound and mic on the controller stopped working again. This is the third controller i have bought. Is there a fix for the controller? 248fbe92-16ee-47ac-8300-f6ad1ed88372
  5. Problem with selecting TV models when setting up device control in TV & OneGuide; will not...

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with selecting TV models when setting up device control in TV & OneGuide; will not...: [IMG] submitted by /u/chubodea_fatman [link] [comments]
  6. Controller problems (analog and mic port)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller problems (analog and mic port): So one of my controllers the top left analog just goes left no matter what. It's not physically stuck left but just scrolls left no matter what...Any idea on how to fix? Also, on another...
  7. Probleme mise sous tension manette après maj xbox one - Issue switch on controler just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Probleme mise sous tension manette après maj xbox one - Issue switch on controler just...: Salut, /Hello, Impossible d'allumer mes 2 manettes sans fil juste après maj xbox one, elles ne fonctionnent que en branchant un cable usb, si je retire le cable usb la manette s'éteind...
  8. Problem with controller Xbox button symbol light that’s shutting off on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with controller Xbox button symbol light that’s shutting off on its own: I have noticed an issue with my controller light where the Xbox button is on my controller I was watching a movie useing the shudder app things were working great. then suddenly I looked where the...
  9. Not sure if its an insider specific problem or just a general controller bug, but I'll post...

in XboX Insiders
    Not sure if its an insider specific problem or just a general controller bug, but I'll post...: I'm having a controller issue, Whenever I plug in an older model (proprietary) Xbox one headset into a newer controller (1708) it will restart my Xbox. I have updated the controller without the...
  10. Problems with controller warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with controller warranty: I bought an Xbox one S, and its controller came with a lot of flaws like RB and LB squeaking and loosening, Button A not responding sometimes, RT grabbing at RB, battery cover not properly seated,...