Controller randomly shuts off

Discus and support Controller randomly shuts off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When Im playing or even just in menus, my controller will stop working but the light will stay on like its on. None of the buttons work and I have to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Verified✔✔️, Mar 23, 2020 at 4:03 AM.

1. Controller randomly shuts off

When Im playing or even just in menus, my controller will stop working but the light will stay on like its on. None of the buttons work and I have to take out the battery and put it back in to work again.

:)

Verified✔✔️, Mar 23, 2020 at 4:03 AM
  2. Bandido1508 Win User

Are you able to use the controller while it is directly connected to the console with a USB cable, does it do the same thing. If it does not shut down, then it may be an issue with the battery or connectors.
  3. k1Helix z Win User

Did the problem show up from a specific date or has it been a permanent thing since you got your controller?
  4. Zombie4Life666 Win User

Good day I hope your having a great day. I'm sorry to hear about your controller issues. I have noticed it happens to me a lot also.

Are you using rechargeable battery pack or AA batteries? A common issue is the battery packs that are rechargeable don't hold a charge long and thus creating weak battery connection.

I recommend trying different batteries and if that doesn't work then make sure your controller is up to date on firmware by plugging it into your xbox.

If none of these work I suggest contacting xbox.com/support and talk to a representative to further escalate it to tech support or someone.

I hope this helps a little. Enjoy gaming!
  5. Verified✔✔️ Win User

Definitely not since I got it, havent used it in while so I have no clue when it wouldve started happening.
  6. Zombie4Life666 Win User

Have you tried new batteries as I said above it could be the batteries aren't taking a charge or only taking a small one.
Thema:

1. Controller randomly shuts off - Similar Threads - Controller randomly shuts

2. Xbox One wired controller randomly disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One wired controller randomly disconnects: So I have 3 Xbox Controllers. One has a broken USB port and can only connect to the console wireless, but it won't work wireless on my Xbox, like any other controller. The second one has a fixed...
  3. Xbox One Controller Randomly Turns Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Randomly Turns Off: Hello i use an xbox one x, i recently bought a blue xbox controller its been a 15days now. I have bought the xbox controller a new xbox battery pack a week after buying the controller but today...
  4. All of my up to date controllers have the randomly disconnecting for 1 second issue even at...

in XBoX on Consoles
    All of my up to date controllers have the randomly disconnecting for 1 second issue even at...: Hi Sorry for my poor english, but i'm French i have an xbox one X since day one and 3 controllers and one white elite controller... since a few months i noticed that sometimes ( very randomly...
  5. Xbox controller randomly disconnecting - not user error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller randomly disconnecting - not user error: Hi i have had recent issues with my wireless xbox one controller. I will be in the middle of a comp game of Rocket Leauge or DayZ and my controller will disconnect and reconnect randomly. I will...
  6. Xbox One controller randomly disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller randomly disconnects: I have a 1 TB xbox one x and my controller randomly disconnects for no apparent reason. My game will stop suddenly and say my controller is disconnected, and the xbox button on my controller will...
  7. Elite 2 controller randomly disconnecting today..

in XboX Insiders
    Elite 2 controller randomly disconnecting today..: I don't know where I can report this so I will try here. I believe I'm on"Bravo" on an X system. My controller has worked fine until today with 3 random disconnects/reconnects. Anything further...
  8. XBox One controller randomly disconecting

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox One controller randomly disconecting: Hello, My XBox One controller keeps randomly disconnecting from my computer. It's connected over Bluetooth and was working fine before. Re-pairing the controller with my computer didn't change...
  9. 2 month old elite controller randomly shuts off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 month old elite controller randomly shuts off.: Xbox Elite controller. The newer white one with the better components, 2 months old. Randomly turns off. Sometimes it happens three times in 10 minutes other times it doesn't happen for hours....
  10. My Xbox one wireless controller randomly shut off and since then won't even power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one wireless controller randomly shut off and since then won't even power on.: I hadn't been on the Xbox for a few hours and powerd on my controller withought any problem I then proceeded to play a game (dragon age:inquisition) and got the game loaded and was ready to play...