Controller randomly stops working

Discus and support Controller randomly stops working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For the past 2 days my buddy and I will be in a party playing together and then mid match my controller stops responding. None of the buttons work, not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kartracer247, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Kartracer247
    Kartracer247 Guest

For the past 2 days my buddy and I will be in a party playing together and then mid match my controller stops responding. None of the buttons work, not even the home button. I tried taking the batteries out and putting
    them back in, I've put brand new batteries in, I've tried re-syncing the controller and the Xbox by pressing the sync buttons, and nothing has worked. The only thing that works is shutting my system down completely and then turning it back on. Also, when it
    stops working my buddy can be heard over the TV speakers rather then my headset. It is a day one edition controller and headset came with the xbox. Any help would be appriciated. I can control my xbox with my phone via the app when this happens I

:)

Kartracer247, Jun 11, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Kartracer247,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be ahppy to help.

By the looks of it based on your description, I believe the issue lies with the controller, possibly the wireless adapter inside of the controller. In order to test this, we need to rule out your console. Go ahead and do a
    hard reset and power cycle. Hold down the power button on the console
    for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 2-3 minutes. Then re-connect and turn on the Xbox. If that doesn't help then you will need to try out a
    soft factory reset.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.

Make sure to select "Keep my games & apps" and have the correct account login information plus your Wi-Fi password ready if you connect wireless because you will need to re-add the account's that were on the Xbox and re-connect to your
    network during the reset.

If the controller continues to not respond randomly after that troubleshooting, I suggest getting a micro-USB cable and connect it that way. If you know anyone with an Xbox One console, try the same controller on it and see if it disconnects.

Try it out and let us know the results!
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Controller Randomly stops working

Hi RMBishop85,

Thanks for updating us with your reply. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you try using our Xbox One Wireless
    Controller Solution
    and see if there any other troubleshooting solutions you may try. I'd further recommend trying the controller(s) on a different console, if you can, to see if it also has the same issue or not and help narrow it down to either a controller
    or console issue to help decide if a full factory reset (removing everything) is even required.

Additionally, if it does turn out the controller is updated and still not acting correctly, then you may need to visit

https://account.microsoft.com/devices
    or try
    requesting a chat or call from Xbox Support
    to further assist you.

Give this a try and let us know the results.

I hope that this helps a bit more.
  4. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Hello, have you made sure that the controller is up to date as well as console? Do you have any other controllers connected to the console? Are you part of the preview program for XBox?
  5. Mrs Sweetcorn Win User

Is there any other device that could be causing interference? This has happened to me and I had to keep my phone away from my controller when turning it on, and keeping it close to the Xbox. I've also had to remove a few other devices (that were using
    a wireless connection) a few feet away from the controller.
  6. RMBishop85 Win User

Definitely signed in, the game requires it. And when it happens I can't even press the center xbox button to go into system settings or anything
Thema:

1. Controller randomly stops working - Similar Threads - Controller randomly stops

2. Controller Randomly stops working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Randomly stops working: I've found a couple posts on this issue, but all were locked without any actual answers posted. Starting a couple days ago my controller started randomly not responding for me. When it does this...
  3. XBox One Controller randomly stops working since update on 4/17

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Controller randomly stops working since update on 4/17: Hi. I have seen a lot of posts online about controllers not working, but none that seem specific to the behavior I am experiencing, which seemed to begin after an update on 4/17. About once a...
  4. Xbox one controller randomly disconnects, stops headset from working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller randomly disconnects, stops headset from working: I would be on the xbox and chatting with friends and my controller will disconnect and immediately reconnect at random points. This causes my headset that's plugged in to stop working. It takes me...
  5. Random A clicking that doesn't stop $nothing to do with controller$

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random A clicking that doesn't stop $nothing to do with controller$: My xbox is automatically pressing A button repeatedly with out me touching it (nothing to do with controllers problem still occurs with no batteries) this is preventing me from signing in because...
  6. Controller input randomly stops working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller input randomly stops working: I just bought my new Xbox One and I've been installing Borderlands & Halo MCC. Randomly when I'm playing a game while other games are installing, my Xbox one stops receiving input from the...
  7. headset randomly stopped working after changing batteries in controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    headset randomly stopped working after changing batteries in controller: the chat headset that came with my xbox one just randomly stopped working today when i changed the batteries in my controller. they don't even register as being plugged in and i'm hearing party...
  8. Xbox One controller randomly stops working mid-game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller randomly stops working mid-game: For the past 2 days my buddy and I will be in a party playing AW together and then mid match my controller stops responding. None of the buttons work, not even the home button. I tried taking the...
  9. Controller randomly stopped working PLEASE HELP ME

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller randomly stopped working PLEASE HELP ME: I just received the advanced warfare xbox one on Christmas and my controller has worked perfectly fine all the way up to yesterday night when i was playing my controller was running out of...
  10. Console randomly stops detecting wifi and all controllers.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console randomly stops detecting wifi and all controllers.: I've talked to support 3 times and have ran all trouble shooting that I was told to do, even factory reset and still having this issie. It started happening the 14th when Evil Within was released...