Controller Requires Double Tap of 'A' button

Discus and support Controller Requires Double Tap of 'A' button in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello All, I am experiencing a strange behaviour from my controller. When I use the controller left joystick, it skips 'two' places in either... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SinfulBow846591, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Controller Requires Double Tap of 'A' button

Hello All,

I am experiencing a strange behaviour from my controller. When I use the controller left joystick, it skips 'two' places in either direction, such as moving from tile to tile. If I select anything, then I have to hit the 'A' button twice in quick succession.

Notes:

- I have updated the firmware of the controller via the USB lead

- The other controller does not have the same symptoms

- I have replaced the battery, left it out for 10 minutes, replaced and still the same

Has anyone any thoughts or experienced similar? Thanks in advance

:)

SinfulBow846591, Apr 5, 2015
  2. First Impression: Ambitious Console with some kinks that need worked out

Say XBOX SWITCH or double tap Xbox button on controller to switch focus between snapped apps.

Awesomerrificus, Apr 5, 2015
  3. Games and Apps "took too long to start" / connectivity issues

Double tap xbox button on the controller... go to settings... restart console... yes to confirm... should work

DownbeatLamp215, Apr 5, 2015
  4. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest

Hey there SinfulBow846591!

Sorry to hear about the controller issue! Based off of the information you have provided, the controller may need to be repaired. To begin that process, visit our
    Online Service Center.

Feel free to post back and let us know how everything goes! Controller Requires Double Tap of 'A' button :)

Mister Beep, Apr 6, 2015
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Right analog stick stuck in magnifier mode

To use your triggers and right thumb-stick while playing a game, double-tap the Xbox button
    to lock magnification and all the controls on your controller. To switch magnifier controls back on, double-tap the Xbox button
    again.
  6. Mister Beep Win User

Hey there SinfulBow846591!

Sorry to hear about the controller issue! Based off of the information you have provided, the controller may need to be repaired. To begin that process, visit our
    Online Service Center.

Feel free to post back and let us know how everything goes! :)
  7. DownbeatLamp215 Win User

Games and Apps "took too long to start" / connectivity issues

Double tap xbox button on the controller... go to settings... restart console... yes to confirm... should work
  8. Awesomerrificus Win User

First Impression: Ambitious Console with some kinks that need worked out

Say XBOX SWITCH or double tap Xbox button on controller to switch focus between snapped apps.
  9. Gabriel Brz23 Win User

How to activate digital assistance on Xbox?

Hey cmikato1,

1. Double tap the Xbox logo button on your controller
    2. Select Settings
    3. Select All Settings
    4. Select Kinect & Devices
    5. Select Digital Assistants
    6. Tap the A button on your controller to enable digital assistants
Thema:

1. Controller Requires Double Tap of 'A' button - Similar Threads - Controller Requires Double

2. Xbox One controller assistance required!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One controller assistance required!: I have ran out of batteries for my Xbox One controller. I am trying to connect it to my Xbox via a USB cable. I can't seem to get the controller to turn on. It vibrates when connected then the...
  3. A Suggestion: To add a setting that lets you choose to require a bluetooth controller.

in XboX Insiders
    A Suggestion: To add a setting that lets you choose to require a bluetooth controller.: Make it to where you can stream without a blue tooth controller because it's tedious when it won't sync with your phone and if its possible to play with a controller that's connected to the xbox...
  4. Xbox One controller stops responding on PC and requires a restart to work again.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller stops responding on PC and requires a restart to work again.: Just as the title says. This problem has been happening for months now. If I have my controller connected to my PC regardless of if I'm actually using it or not, the controller will become...
  5. Elite Controller update erforderlich [Translation - Elite controller update required]

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite Controller update erforderlich [Translation - Elite controller update required]: [10.01.2019 16:00] Soeben ausgepackt: Neuer Elite-Controller. Zubehör-App gefunden. Erste Mitteilung: "Update erforderlich". Keinerlei weiterer Hinweis. ---[Mod Translation - [10.01.2019 16:00]...
  6. Adaptative controller XAC requirements

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adaptative controller XAC requirements: I plan to buy Adaptative Controller and I want to figure out my requirements. 1- On RT and LT what's the potentiometer ohms value I should use with 3.5mm jack? 2- If I use XAC with Copilot and...
  7. Forza Horizon 4 - parental control required for online activity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 4 - parental control required for online activity: HI My son has been playing this game on Xbox one for sometime now and on Tuesday has started to get a message that parental control set for online activity. I have not changed any of his settings...
  8. My xbox amazon basics controller A button requires me to push the A button down its not sticky

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox amazon basics controller A button requires me to push the A button down its not sticky: i started having problems with my controller i was wondering its button is not sticky but the controller is a cord one i was wonder if theres a way to fix it The A button wont respond the only way...
  9. Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller really requires batteries?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller really requires batteries?: I'm considering buying the "Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller for Windows & Xbox 360 Console" but the description on Amazon.com says that this wired controller requires two AA batteries. Is this...
  10. Up and down dpad on controller with 3.5 mm headphone jack require excessive force to work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Up and down dpad on controller with 3.5 mm headphone jack require excessive force to work.: when I got on yesterday my up and down dpad require excessive force to work. I am using the controller with the 3.5 mm headphone jack so I cannot unscrew it and fix it. Does anyone know any other...