Controller Stick Drift every so often.

Discus and support Controller Stick Drift every so often. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My Right Stick on my Xbox Wireless controller have been having drift issues mainly to the left every so often. It happens a few times in a game. No, it... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by vStinkz, Jan 22, 2020.

1. vStinkz
    vStinkz Guest

My Right Stick on my Xbox Wireless controller have been having drift issues mainly to the left every so often. It happens a few times in a game. No, it isn’t because of deadzones. I’ve played many games and used the controller tester to see if its deadzones.
    Anyways anyone know the cause of this?

:)

vStinkz, Jan 22, 2020
  2. Nrxb Win User

I have had controller drift with 3 different controllers causing me to buy new ones. For me, I think its the best bet although controllers are pretty expensive .
  3. aMexicanErb Win User

I would do a couple of things, make sure your controller is up to date first and foremost. After that if the issue is not solved, check to see how you are resting your thumb on the joystick, I find that in certain games (I have my sensitivity for looking
    up and down and moving set really high) that if my thumb is resting on the controller joystick it pushes on it just enough to cause my character to move. The next time it happens pick up your thumb and see if the drift stops. It did for me so I had to figure
    out a different gaming style haha, challenging!
  4. vStinkz Win User

My controller is a rough estimate of 2 years. It isn’t that big of a deal. Right when it starts drifting i love it slightly its back to normal and starts drifting like 2 minutes later. It doesn’t disturb me too much in FPS games so. I tried all the options
    everyone commented so far. None has worked.
  5. BakyOsijekHr Win User

Is it happening in Borderlands 3? Mine is drifting to the right just a little bit. No other game.
  6. BakyOsijekHr Win User

Ah, how old it is, dear friend? Try with alcohol and stick all-around right stick. If that not helps I believe that the best solution is to get another one. Sorry. I had the issue.
Thema:

1. Controller Stick Drift every so often. - Similar Threads - Controller Stick Drift

2. Brand new Xbox one controller already has horizontal stick drift on left joystick.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox one controller already has horizontal stick drift on left joystick.: I just used the warranty on my pro controller to get this new controller due to extremely bad and debilitating vertical drift on my left joystick and after playing one round of apex I've noticed...
  3. Elite controller stick drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller stick drift: Hello, I have an original elite controller and the left stick is drifting upwards. Is there a way to have this repaired? cab4fcd5-7b37-4369-85f0-cfbaf8df1e29
  4. Xbox Elite 2 Controller Stick Drift and Button Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite 2 Controller Stick Drift and Button Issues: Hello to every Xbox Elite 2 controller owner out there. I'm sorry to say but we're getting cheated by Microsoft with their $200 controller we paid for that comes with issues and defects. I've...
  5. Xbox Series 2 Elite Controller Stick Drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series 2 Elite Controller Stick Drift: I just purchased an xbox series 2 elite controller and it had stick drift out of the box. I figured maybe I just needed to break in the controller a little bit but almost two weeks later it seems...
  6. Microsoft Elite 2 Controller - Stick Drift Issue - Let us Adjust DEAD ZONE

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Elite 2 Controller - Stick Drift Issue - Let us Adjust DEAD ZONE: Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this?? But Microsoft has no feedback forum? I am noticing a lot of people are having issues with their Elite 2 controllers, stick drift. Me too, I...
  7. Brand new elite 2 controller stick drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new elite 2 controller stick drift: So i just bought a new elite 2 controller. Went to play COD and the second i pressed down on the left stick it ran, same with up. Went into the configuration settings and the left stick isnt...
  8. Microsoft Elite 2 Controller 2 - Stick drift issues - Let us adjust the DEAD ZONE in your...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Elite 2 Controller 2 - Stick drift issues - Let us adjust the DEAD ZONE in your...: I am noticing a lot of people are having issues with their Elite 2 controllers, stick drift. Me too, I have just sent mine in for repair under warranty. But this could have been easily fixed by...
  9. Microsoft Elite 2 Controller - Stick Drift Issue - Let us Adjust DEAD ZONE

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Elite 2 Controller - Stick Drift Issue - Let us Adjust DEAD ZONE: Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this?? But Microsoft has no feedback forum? I am noticing a lot of people are having issues with their Elite 2 controllers, stick drift. Me too, I...
  10. Xbox Elite 2 Controller has multi-directional stick drift on right thumbstick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite 2 Controller has multi-directional stick drift on right thumbstick: My Xbox Elite controller 2. I've only had used my controller for the last 4 days, and noticed the right thumbstick to be a bit wobbly while playing call of duty modern warfare. This issue cause...