Controller sticks, triggers, and d-pad not working when using game streaming

Discus and support Controller sticks, triggers, and d-pad not working when using game streaming in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; The controller functions normally when connected to the Xbox itself. When game streaming, the sticks, triggers, and d-pad do not work giving no input... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/darr0w_aurelius, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Controller sticks, triggers, and d-pad not working when using game streaming

The controller functions normally when connected to the Xbox itself. When game streaming, the sticks, triggers, and d-pad do not work giving no input while the bumpers and other buttons function normally. I have updated the controller, tried multiple reconnections, and restarted all devices following all the current suggested fixes. My phone is running Android 8 with Bluetooth 4.2 (LG Stylo 4).

submitted by /u/darr0w_aurelius
    [link] [comments]

/u/darr0w_aurelius, Dec 8, 2019
  2. CollapseControl Win User

PLAYBOX

The triggers are flimsy & the stick placement isn't ideal anymore.

The only thing that is remotely good is the D-pad, but Nintendo still has best D-pad design.
  3. Jasperrdm Win User

Button layout

I found one. Chime in if this does not match with what you know.

Xbox One controller layout

Combat

Left Stick - Movement

Right Stick - Aim

Left Stick press - Tactical Power

Right bumper button - Class Mechanic

Right Trigger - At Will 1

Left Trigger - At Will 2

X button - Encounter 1

Y button - Encounter 2

B button - Encounter 3

Left bumper button + X button - Daily 1

Left bumper button + Y button - Daily 2

Left bumper button + B button - Artifact

Non-Combat

Left Stick - Movement

Right Stick - Camera

Right Stick press - AutoRun

A button - Interact

Left menu button - Focus on status

Right menu button - Start menu

D-pad up - Mount

D-pad left - Consumable item 1

D-pad down - Consumable item 2

D-pad right - Consumable item 3

Left bumper button + D-pad up - Map

Left bumper button + D-pad left - Inventory

Left bumper button + D-pad down - Chat

Left bumper button + D-pad right - Invocation

Left bumper button + A button - Jump
  4. AridLizard Win User

Which is the right or left control sticks on the controller?

the Left stick is the one by the D-Pad, and is usually used to control character movement within a game.

the Right stick is the one by the buttons and is usually used to control the camera/view/aim within games

hope this helps
  5. That Darn Cat 2 Win User

Xbox Controls of Wolf3D and DooM 1-2 ???

I personally think they nicely streamlined the DOOM & Wolf 3-D controls. Of course, it being a controller & not a mouse, you cannot turn as fast as you can with a mouse, & seemingly have less control without a mouse, but it's really not that bad & I find
    it a breeze to get around.

Here's the game controller set-up:

Right Trigger = Shoot

Left Trigger = Sprint (Hold button)

Left Stick = Move

Right Stick = Look

Y = cycle weapons one way

B = cycle weapons the other way

A = open door/press switch/perform action

X = Map (only in DOOM 2; press on D-pad for map in DOOM)

D-Pad = cycles certain weapons (only in DOOM 2)

The Wolf 3-D controls are not much different.
  6. Fatalshock8912 Win User

Thoughts on disappointed people

I'll give you a taster- The Sticks feel grippy, the triggers feel more like rollers than reflexers, the bumpers are pretty much riding on top of the triggers, and the buttons feel springy and clicky, including the d-pad. The guide button is also a bit farther
    away, and if you have a Day One edition of the controller, it's got a chrome d-pad. And the battery life is approx. 30-50 hours if that is necessary info as well.
Thema:

Controller sticks, triggers, and d-pad not working when using game streaming

1. Controller sticks, triggers, and d-pad not working when using game streaming - Similar Threads - Controller sticks triggers

2. Controller Stick Drift every so often.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller Stick Drift every so often.: My Right Stick on my Xbox Wireless controller have been having drift issues mainly to the left every so often. It happens a few times in a game. No, it isn’t because of deadzones. I’ve played many...
  3. Elite series one controller stick drift

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Elite series one controller stick drift: My controller is out of warranty and has developed stick drift, it feels like the joystick module has damaged parts(sensor wheel ?) Does micro soft repair controllers/ do they sell parts? What...
  4. Which is the right or left control sticks on the controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which is the right or left control sticks on the controller?: I get confused with the controller stick directions and which ones which i know that the one where the d pad is works in navigating and moving around your character in game the other stick on the...
  5. Adaptive controller-left stick settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adaptive controller-left stick settings: Hi, I'm a new game player, and am trying to get an understanding of what the left stick settings on the xbox adaptive controller mean/do? Any guidance is appreciated. For example, is it possible...
  6. Xbox Controller Left Trigger Sticking

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Left Trigger Sticking: Really simple issue, but not sure if it's an easy fix. I recently ordered a Design Lab controller (so brand-new, custom-made just for me) and even though it hasn't even been a full two weeks, the...
  7. Xbox one controller right stick and trigger are too sensitive on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one controller right stick and trigger are too sensitive on PC: On a Xbox one controller my right stick is very sensitive when I move it downwards and to the left, I barely touch it and it accelerates like crazy the same with the right trigger, any one has a...
  8. Elite Controller (Stick right trigger)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller (Stick right trigger): Hello, A little mis-leading, but the trigger is NOT stuck. It only thinks its stuck. I have had problems with the trigger after 2 weeks of owning it. It would get stuck and I would have to pry it...
  9. XBox Controller left trigger, sticking out of controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Controller left trigger, sticking out of controller: I bought my xbox one from Redmond (Seattle) company store in feb, 2016. Since April my controlller's left trigger seems to have come out of the controller, though not fully out. I tried to connect...
  10. XBOX ONE Windows controller squeaky triggers and analog stick drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE Windows controller squeaky triggers and analog stick drift: Hello,three days ago I bought a XBOX ONE Windows Compatibility controller,and I have some issues with it.My problem is that my triggers start to squeak and right analog stick start to drift ( My...