Controller sync issues- need help

Discus and support Controller sync issues- need help in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We have an older xbox one and just purchased a new xbox one s. we sync'd all our controllers to the one S but now want to go back and use the older... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by blackcat103199, May 28, 2019.

1. Controller sync issues- need help

We have an older xbox one and just purchased a new xbox one s. we sync'd all our controllers to the one S but now want to go back and use the older xbox one and can't get even one to sync back. I've tried all the steps recommended on support sites.
    the xbox one also hasnt been used in a while and the initial screen wants an software update... (can't choose start without a working controller). HELP!

I'm worried that a software update occurred on the controllers with xbox one S that is not backward compatible with the older box?

I've also unplugged the xbox S completely so they can't see it when trying to pair with the old one.

Any other suggestions?

:)

blackcat103199, May 28, 2019
  2. KiNGG STiCkY Win User

If you followed all of the troubleshooting steps i suggest u call xbox customer support they may have some kind of solution for u
  3. blackcat103199 Win User

yes. went thru all the steps outlined on support sites. strangely not working
  4. blackcat103199 Win User

didn't know that was an option. I will try
  5. Tomesso Win User

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are having this problem.

Have you tried connecting the controller with a USB cable?

If you have a micro-USB cable or the Xbox One Play & Charge Kit, you can connect your controller by using the micro-USB cable and do without batteries.

Restarting your console and controller might correct the connection issue.

Yes, all Xbox One controllers work with all of the Xbox One consoles (Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One All Digital Edition, Xbox One X)
  6. StevenSF3 Win User

Hey blackcat103199

Have you tried downloading the Xbox App on your phone and using that as a controller to update your console?
Thema:

1. Controller sync issues- need help - Similar Threads - Controller sync issues

2. Xbox controller sync issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller sync issues: So I recently connected my xbox controller to my laptop and I took off bluetooth on my laptop and I tried everything but I don't know how to connect my controller back to my xbox console because...
  3. Controller syncing issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller syncing issues: I just got my xbox one x back few days ago from it being repaired and when I got everything back in my console I have been having alot of issues with my controller it will sync with the console...
  4. Controller Sync Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Sync Issue: After i turn off my controller i have to resync it to my xbox every time it just started and it worked fine for a year a9cb4581-02dd-454c-a209-d4697ec85f2b
  5. xbox one x controller sync issues (xbox, not controller)

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one x controller sync issues (xbox, not controller): My xbox one x will not sync to any controller now. When you push the sync button on the xbox nothing happens. No flashing lights, nothing. I've held the power button for 10 seconds to "reset" it....
  6. Xbox controller having sync issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller having sync issues: Hey all so my volcano shadow controller has been behaving real strange lately. it seems to not work wireless with my Xbox one X and only connects when I use my play and charge kit. tried re...
  7. Xbox One X syncing controller issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X syncing controller issues: So my Xbox One X recently started having syncing issues with any controller I use new or old. It appears to be a software issue because even when I connect a controller with a micro USB cable it...
  8. Xbox One X controller sync issues when powering on the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X controller sync issues when powering on the console: Hello everyone, I am the owner of an Xbox One X console, purchased on launch day and I am experiencing a particularly strange issue over which I am at a complete loss. I am hoping that somebody...
  9. New Console Controller Syncing Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Console Controller Syncing Issues: Purchased a 1Tb Xbox One bundle and have two separate new (with headset jack) controllers. Set up Xbox One with USB TV tuner and downloaded all system updates. Both controllers have fully...
  10. XBOX ONE CONTROLLER SYNC ISSUE (comprehensive thread)

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE CONTROLLER SYNC ISSUE (comprehensive thread): I Know there are multiple threads relating to this issue but I dont know whether such thread exist or not, we need to make a more comprehensive thread about this whole issue i will start anyone...