Controller Taking a Few Minutes to Sync After Restart - Series X

Discus and support Controller Taking a Few Minutes to Sync After Restart - Series X in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I restarted my Series X this morning, because when I clicked to install a game, it wouldn't. After my console restarted, my controller wouldn't sync,... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/LordLoboX, Mar 12, 2021.

1. /u/LordLoboX
    /u/LordLoboX Guest

I restarted my Series X this morning, because when I clicked to install a game, it wouldn't.

After my console restarted, my controller wouldn't sync, the X button just kept flashing. I pressed the sync button on my console, and nothing.

I tried restarting a few more times, and I even unplugged the console, and it still would not sync.

I found out that if I wait about 3 - 5 minutes, the controller would finally start working, and the sync button on the console would start working, also.

I put the console into standby mode, then turned it back on with the controller, and it worked. The controller stayed synced.

But, I restarted the console again, and the controller lost the sync. I had to wait another 5 minutes for it to work again.

I am in Beta ring, it's happening with all controllers and I am about to report this on the console. I am waiting for my controller to resync lol.

I have lost sync with my controller before, but not like this.

submitted by /u/LordLoboX
    [link] [comments]

/u/LordLoboX, Mar 12, 2021
  2. Pedro C. Win User

Controller won't sync, help!!

**Update

EURYNOMR STOLAS's way works, unplug your console for a few minutes, it will restart. I used a USB cable to turn on my controller, this also turned on my console and synced :D
  3. ZombieJesterCOE Win User

Certain games not loading

Adding to the below awesome Ambassador. Are you getting the "This may take a few minutes" message? If so, it's syncing with everything in the cloud. Might also be worth it to restart your router just to make sure there are no internet issues.
  4. ElectroFlying Win User

Xbox One Controllers Looses Connection

I've had my X1 for some 2 years and it does this as well. My solution isn't a hard reset but rather with the controller connected, I go into settings and click restart console. Which at least for a week or two often solves the problem for me.

When during those times the controller fails to connect, or looses connection, I manually turn the console off (not a hard reset) and after a few minutes back on, then after the console fully boots up I turn the controller back on, which for some odd reason
    then syncs with the console. I then go into settings/restart console and... No worries for weeks on end.
  5. Just a Volunteer Win User

All discs not working on Xbox One

I've had recent issues with noise and disc drive not being recognised on my Xbox Series X and the only way I found to stop this issue is to do a Full shutdown of the console and restart.

Settings>System>General>Power...>Full shutdown.

Its worthwhile removing power cable from console for a few minutes after you shutdown before you restart.

Also, eject the disc before you shutdown.
  6. SamQY Win User

Xbox series S controller already synced.

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

It's normal. My Xbox Series X and Series S came well packaged and I didn't need to hit the bind buttons to sync the controllers.
Thema:

1. Controller Taking a Few Minutes to Sync After Restart - Series X - Similar Threads - Controller Taking Few

2. Elite series 2 Controller on PC taking screenshots with B button and going to game bar with...

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite series 2 Controller on PC taking screenshots with B button and going to game bar with...: I have no idea what is going on, it only does this when I'm connected with Bluetooth on pc. I don't have an Xbox available to me to see if it does the same on there and it works just fine when I...
  3. Xbox Series X controller unresponsive when idle and takes forever to connect to the box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller unresponsive when idle and takes forever to connect to the box: I have a series X and the controller that comes with it. I also use Panasonic Eneloop Pro. Distance between me and the box is perhaps 8~10 ft When I turn on the controller, most of the times it...
  4. Adaptive controller + device to take over left stick

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adaptive controller + device to take over left stick: Since my left fingers don’t work well, I’ve been putting velcro on the left side of the controller handle and thumb-stick, then wearing a fuzzy glove w/fingers of glove cut off, except foot the...
  5. will you take a look at my 4 joystick controller?? I hope someone will produce it.

in XBoX on Windows
    will you take a look at my 4 joystick controller?? I hope someone will produce it.: Please excuse my lengthy comment. I made a 4 joystick controller with an arduino, it is functioning fine. I made this controller so that I could play 6 axis (space) games with a game controller....
  6. Xbox series x controller take screen shots without pressing the button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x controller take screen shots without pressing the button: Recently when playing Destiny 2 the controller is taking screen shots and games sharing without pressing the button, after i disable the función is appearing on the screen that screen shot have...
  7. Not sure if it’s and insider thing, but anyones controller just not working until you take...

in XboX Insiders
    Not sure if it’s and insider thing, but anyones controller just not working until you take...: Happened about 3 times tonight. Trying to rewind on a youtube video but nothing happens. Taking out my rechargable batteries and putting them back in makes everything go back to normal. Thanks!...
  8. Xbox controller takes screenshot whenever I hold down the view button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller takes screenshot whenever I hold down the view button: I recently bought an Xbox Series S controller, and whenever I hold down the view button to view a game leaderboard, it takes a screenshot. FYI: THE XBOX CONTROLLER VIEW BUTTON LOOKS LIKE THIS...
  9. Is there a reason the Xbox One Wireless Controller takes so long to turn off?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a reason the Xbox One Wireless Controller takes so long to turn off?: Why is it necessary to hold the power button for 5 seconds for the controller to turn off? I get that I could just rip the battery out of it to turn it off faster but, then that can cause issues...
  10. I shipped my controller to service center and it takes over a month there's no response...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I shipped my controller to service center and it takes over a month there's no response...: I bought an Xbox Elite controller 2 earlier this year and the right trigger is jamming since May. Since it's still covered within warranty I just shipped it back to the service center. I created...