Controller turns on but only the analogs and xbox button work?

Discus and support Controller turns on but only the analogs and xbox button work? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; My xbox one controller kept turning off and on but had full batteries so i resynched it and now only the analogs and center xbox button will work? any... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Jer1994, Oct 8, 2021.

1. /u/Jer1994
    /u/Jer1994 Guest

My xbox one controller kept turning off and on but had full batteries so i resynched it and now only the analogs and center xbox button will work? any solution to this?

submitted by /u/Jer1994
    [link] [comments]

/u/Jer1994, Oct 8, 2021
  2. PerryThePlaty93 Win User

How do u click stuff on Xbox one using controller

This happened to me just the other day. I turned on my xbox as I usually do but none of the buttons on my controller would work, and yes my controller was indeed connected to my xbox. Only the home button would work as it would bring up the turn off controller
    or turn off xbox menu. The analog stick would not respond and neither would any of the other buttons. I even tried multiple controllers. A simple hard reset fixed the issue and I have had no interruptions since then.
  3. ItsJackTime Win User

XBox One Controller Hands-On Review!

Great question!

The original Xbox controller featured analog buttons. The XBox 360 controller switched to digital buttons. I haven't seen the specs for the new XBox One controller, but it's probably safe to assume that the buttons will also be digital.
  4. deanince Win User

why do i want a ps3 ?

I agree with you. Playing GT5 is a pain when the brake and accelerate controls are moved to the shoulder buttons. Not only do your fingers slip off, but having the analog sticks in the centre of the controller means you have to stretch your hands a lot!
    I definitely prefer the Xbox controller, it is a nice size and the button layout allows for comfortable gaming.
  5. Cyborg93-0641AF92-29 Win User

The controller update bricked my controller.

I up dated my controller the other day and all was fine, now the problem is this the controller will turn the xbox on but the analog sticks will not work or even any off the buttons un less I plug in the usb cable and everything works fine I have done a
    hard reset on the xbox and even re connected the controller with the xbox, at first I thought it was the batteries being low so I changes them for brand new batteries but still no joy, when the guide button is pressed it only shows turn console off and not
    turn controller off un less I use the usb cable and it shows both console and controller off any ideas as to what I can do next..ps I have 2 controllers and the other one that also has been updated works fine wireless....
  6. Panno92 Win User

Controller shuts off while watching movies on certain apps despite having headphones plugged in.

Hi, some apps does not allow to keep the controller active forever beacuse the developers did not put in the app code to maintein the controller active... unfortunately the only way to keep the controller active is to move the analog stick or to connect
    the controller with an usb cable.

Unfortunately there is not an option to turn off the battery saving of the controller inside xbox settings...
Thema:

1. Controller turns on but only the analogs and xbox button work? - Similar Threads - Controller turns analogs

2. Unplugging controller from PC turns on XBOX

in XboX Insiders
    Unplugging controller from PC turns on XBOX: Recently got the new update for the xbox controller, now every time I unplug the USB cable from my PC it automatically turns on my xbox. Is there a way to turn stop this behavior but still keep...
  3. Xbox series controller turns on XBOX automatically after I disconnect from PC USB

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series controller turns on XBOX automatically after I disconnect from PC USB: Hi Everyone, I have an Xbox series S, related controllers are paired with it. I also would like to use one of the controller on PC through USB connection. Its working fine, but after I...
  4. Can't Factory Reset Xbox One. Factory Reset Screen Turns Off Before Controller Connects.

in XboX Insiders
    Can't Factory Reset Xbox One. Factory Reset Screen Turns Off Before Controller Connects.: So I got the black screen from the update about 10 days ago or so and I'm trying to factory reset my Xbox One. However when I bring up the factory reset screen, it turns off before my controller...
  5. Controller unplugged from PC, turns Xbox on (Bug)

in XboX Insiders
    Controller unplugged from PC, turns Xbox on (Bug): Hi. I use my controller sometimes on my laptop to game. When I'm done with it and unplug it from my laptop. The controller automatically turns my Series X on. Quite the annoyance as I then have to...
  6. Xbox series x shuts down by itself after turning on the controller from the Xbox being idle

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x shuts down by itself after turning on the controller from the Xbox being idle: I use twitch to fall asleep and when the streamer ends stream and when there's no sound, my Xbox goes idle and when I wake up to turn on the controller the Xbox shuts down by itself submitted by...
  7. Xbox controller flashes once then turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller flashes once then turns off: my Xbox controller, bought from game with an Xbox one bundle about 2 months ago, randomly turned off whilst playing GTA V and hasn’t came back on since. It was working fine with no issues then...
  8. Xbox Series X controller started draining batteries when turned off after firmware update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X controller started draining batteries when turned off after firmware update: I have this controller since January and I decided to update its firmware to version 5.7.268.0 last Tuesday (July 6th). Since then, the batteries started to drain even after I turn the controller...
  9. controller analog sticks not working and slow turns

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller analog sticks not working and slow turns: I have this wired controller that with little use has the looking analog stick not working. I can't look up and if i look to the left it look up and left while looking down works just fine looking...
  10. Sticky analogs and controller turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sticky analogs and controller turning off: Ok so recently i've bought the adapter for my controller to plug head sets in. now when i plug the device into my controller, it just turns off on me. Batteries are charged (Bought a new pack...