Controller unplugged from PC, turns Xbox on (Bug)

Discus and support Controller unplugged from PC, turns Xbox on (Bug) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi. I use my controller sometimes on my laptop to game. When I'm done with it and unplug it from my laptop. The controller automatically turns my... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Atomfix, Jul 22, 2021.

1. /u/Atomfix
    /u/Atomfix Guest

Hi. I use my controller sometimes on my laptop to game. When I'm done with it and unplug it from my laptop. The controller automatically turns my Series X on. Quite the annoyance as I then have to go and turn it off.

Can the controllers be updated so that the next time I unplug the cable from my laptop to the controller. The controller won't attempt to connect and turn my Series X on.

Thank you.

submitted by /u/Atomfix
    [link] [comments]

/u/Atomfix, Jul 22, 2021
  2. Amarand.Agasi Win User

Can you turn off the Controller "X" light?

Yes, this is a little annoying to me as well. I purchased an Xbox One controller to use with my PC, and the light is super annoying when plugged in. When I unplugged it from the USB cable, it flashed for a bit, but then stopped. I wonder if there's any
    way to turn off the controller when it's unplugged from USB and on battery? Or does it automatically sleep when not connected to an Xbox system or PC?
  3. x Cez x Win User

Controller/Headset

Update. Controller stops working when I unplug it from charging with the xbox too.

Pulled the battery from the back of the controller and re-turned on.

Still nothing.
  4. BishopZ23 Win User

Xbox slim turns on by itself constantly

I have removed the batteries from my controllers , unplugged the the xbox overnight. I just turned itself on right now with with a controller light on
  5. Balistic Chick Win User

Stopping the xbox from turning on with headset

Have you tried unplugging the xbox completely from the outlet so it has no chance of turning on when trying to pair it to your pc?
  6. Swagdaddi Win User

Xbox One Wireless Controller Cannot Connect via Bluetooth to Surface Pro 4 (with Win10 Anniversary Update)

Here's the TL;DR of how to fix it: Your PC isn’t discovering your Bluetooth Xbox One controller no matter what you try? It isn’t appearing?

Update the controller
    :

1. Download “Xbox Accessories” from Windows 10 store.
    2. Open the App.

3. Plug in your Xbox One controller to PC via USB.

4. It should say “Update required”, click that, wait for it to update.

5. When it’s done updating, unplug the controller from your PC. Turn it off and back on and go to pair it in your PC’s Bluetooth Options > Add A Device > Bluetooth (click the seek
    button on your Xbox Controller so that it searches for your PC). It should pop up there now, simply pair it and you’re set, cheers!

Hope this helps guys!
Thema:

1. Controller unplugged from PC, turns Xbox on (Bug) - Similar Threads - Controller unplugged turns

2. Xbox controllers won’t sync to Xbox after Xbox has been unplugged

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controllers won’t sync to Xbox after Xbox has been unplugged: My xbox controllers wont sync to my xbox after the xbox has been unplugged! It eventually syncs after weeks on its own, and im just not sure what the solution is... has anyone else had this...
  3. Xbox One BT Controller Not Automatically Connecting to PC Bluetooth After Unplugging From...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One BT Controller Not Automatically Connecting to PC Bluetooth After Unplugging From...: Hello, when switching plugging my controller to my computer I can't connect it back in bluethooth without delete it. It seems it is a known problem for a long time and i didn't find any answer :...
  4. My Xbox controller won’t turn on after it got unplugged while updating

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller won’t turn on after it got unplugged while updating: My controller was disconnecting in the middle of the game even though it had full battery. i was trying to see how i can fix it so i thought i should update the controller. But because my xbox...
  5. Controller doesnt recognize mic is in unless i hold it a certain way or unplug and plug it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller doesnt recognize mic is in unless i hold it a certain way or unplug and plug it...: I recently bought a mic off amazon and it has worked flawlessly for about a week. All of the sudden it keeps disconnecting and i have to plug it back in and hold it in a certain way for be to use...
  6. XBOXOneS will not turn on with controller have to unplug console and remove batteries from...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOXOneS will not turn on with controller have to unplug console and remove batteries from...: What is the deal with the XboxOneS. I can't understand how Microsoft failed so bad on power standby with this console and controller. Why is it going into such a deep sleep like it's a power off...
  7. Xbox One BT Controller Not Automatically Connecting to PC Bluetooth After Unplugging From ...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One BT Controller Not Automatically Connecting to PC Bluetooth After Unplugging From ...: My controller won't automatically reconnect to my PC via Bluetooth after disconnecting it from a wired micro USB connection, even after powering off (by holding the center button for ~ 10...
  8. Unplugging headset from Xbox One controller caused Xbox One to restart?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unplugging headset from Xbox One controller caused Xbox One to restart?: So, I was playing some Rainbow Six: Siege, and my headset has a problem of not playing volume through the headset because of the aux, so when everything deafens i have to constantly unplug and...
  9. UNPLUG / REPLUG WINDOWS 10 ADAPTATOR FOR XBOX ONE CONTROLLER

in XBoX on Consoles
    UNPLUG / REPLUG WINDOWS 10 ADAPTATOR FOR XBOX ONE CONTROLLER: Hello, I am having issue with my XBOX one controller using the Windows 10 adaptator. Everytime I want to use my controller wireless, I need to unplug and replug the adaptator. I tested...
  10. Controller saying low battery when unplugged from full charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller saying low battery when unplugged from full charge: Once play and charge charged fully it says low battery when I unplug the cable, but once I take battery out and put back in it has its full charge like it should do. Is this a software issue with...