Controller Update

Discus and support Controller Update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, my xbox keeps promting me to update my controller but when i click update it says there is no update. Its getting really annoying and my xbox is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by joseph 1075, Aug 1, 2019.

1. joseph 1075
    joseph 1075 Guest

Controller Update

Hello, my xbox keeps promting me to update my controller but when i click update it says there is no update. Its getting really annoying and my xbox is unplayerbal

:)

joseph 1075, Aug 1, 2019
  2. AshB18 Win User

Controller Update for Stereo Headset Adapter Fails

It sounds like the controller update also updates the headset adapter as the instructions state plug in headset/adapter before updating . So if you have updated the controller with out the headset adapter plugged in its possible that the console will think
    the controller is updated but not recognize that the adapter isnt and then fail or say that the controller is upto date . The only way around this maybe to get a new controller or a controller that hasnt been updated and try the update again . Or try the
    headset adapter in a friends controller that has had the update done and see if it works
  3. luissolid Win User

xbox one controller not syncing or connecting to console

Try to update the controller, connect your controller by cable. Go to settings and update the controller.
  4. sightIiIpicture Win User

Stereo Headset and Adapter Issues

"As of the April 2014 Xbox One System Update, the firmware update for the controller and stereo headset adapter has been updated and includes significant improvements to audio quality with the Stereo Headset Adapter and the process of updating controllers.
    If you have taken the update previously and are having issues with your stereo headset adapter, please update your controller again with the latest Controller Update. You can update your controller by going to Settings, System, and then Controller update."
    -- from bottom of page linked below:

support.xbox.com/.../update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter

It is now April and still no update. So this means by the end of April?
  5. XBF Ezra G Win User

Headset stopped working after Firmware update 3.1.1221.0

Hi there,

Thanks for the update. I'd recommend trying to run the firmware update again on that controller. Also, are you using a USB cable to update the controller or use them? If you need any assistance or extra information on updating controllers, check out:

Update Xbox One Controller

I hope this helps.
  6. Daft Badger Win User

Xbox one controller not connecting after February 2015 update.

Have you updated the controller? Go to settings,my devices,controller & you will see if there is a controller update available.You will need a micro usb cable to update.
Thema:

Controller Update

1. Controller Update - Similar Threads - Controller Update

2. Xbox Accessories app is asking me to get May 2019 update for Elite Controller 2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Accessories app is asking me to get May 2019 update for Elite Controller 2: Even though my windows version is up to date, my xbox accessories is still asking me to get windows 10 May 2019 or later update. I've already signed in my microsoft account on my windows and my...
  3. Xbox controller update 10/23/19

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller update 10/23/19: Hi so microsoft put out a contoller update on the 23rd of October Which changes the behavior of the xbox home button over blutooth well thanks to that update my home button no longer works with...
  4. Problems with controllers updating

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with controllers updating: I have 2 controllers and all of a sudden neither of them are working. I tried updating them both with brand new batteries via USB. The Xbox assist said my batteries were critically low and to...
  5. Xbox One controller disconnects from PC constantly after 4.8.1923.0 firmware update.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller disconnects from PC constantly after 4.8.1923.0 firmware update.: Hello, After I've updated the firmware on my controller to 4.8.1923.0 through Xbox Accessories app on my PC my controller became basically useless in games. Every time I start any game it just...
  6. Xbox One X controller not updating to firmware 3.1.1221.0?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X controller not updating to firmware 3.1.1221.0?: Hi everyone, i've recently bought an Xbox One X. And all was going well, i have the controller with the 3.5mm jack. Anyway, i was playing Forza Motorsport 7, and suddenly the sound cut out from my...
  7. My controller says it's wireless when it's wired and doesn't let me update it.

in XboX Insiders
    My controller says it's wireless when it's wired and doesn't let me update it.: I have repaired a couple of xbox one controllers, and this little guy is the most problematic of all, it has had every fault you can imagine, but this is the last one. And I haven't seen anything...
  8. XBox Wireless Controller no longer connects to Win10 after firmware update

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox Wireless Controller no longer connects to Win10 after firmware update: I updated both of my xbox wireless controllers to firmware version 4.8.1923.0 and since then neither of them can connect to my windows 10 PC anymore. Is there any way to troubleshoot and/or fix...
  9. Controller issues since update.....

in XboX Insiders
    Controller issues since update.....: Hello everyone, I'm hoping you can lend a hand with an issue I'm currently experiencing. Today I opted my console into the update preview, it gave me a console update pretty much straight away so...
  10. Controller Analog Drift, Brand New & Updated

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Analog Drift, Brand New & Updated: I made a Black Friday purchase of a new Xbox One controller from the Microsoft store. I received the package yesterday 12/2/19 and I popped in the batteries, went to setting and updated the...