Controller warranty declined

Discus and support Controller warranty declined in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have designed my own controller in the Xbox Design Lab but I didn't use the controller that much because I got it as a gift in the covid times about... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Nesoor, May 13, 2022.

1. Nesoor
    Nesoor Guest

I have designed my own controller in the Xbox Design Lab but I didn't use the controller that much because I got it as a gift in the covid times about 5 months ago and in that time I had it very very busy with work.

So now that I wanted to start gaming again with my Xbox controller I noticed a flaw in the design, in the Xbox logo on the controller is a black spot under the button.
    So I contacted the Xbox warranty support and they said to me that I don't get any warranty for that because I can't prove that it's their fault.

Can they actually do that ?

How will I ever proof that something is their fault, this seems to me as a simple solution to not give any warranty.

The black spot is under the button so it's not that I can reach there.

They also just closed the ticket immediately without giving me a chance to reply on it.

I have just used the controller about 5 times or something and a few days ago I noticed the spot.

What are my options here ?

:)

Nesoor, May 13, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Nesoor. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Unfortunately, your only options is to try to talk to different Microsoft employees to see if they can help you. But usually, as I saw a lot of times, replacement for controllers are not given so easy and sometimes the replaced controller doesn't work fine either.

But you can try to talk to other Support Advocates and Microsoft employees:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us/

or

https://support.microsoft.com/contactus

Or by phone:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/globa...

If you still have any question, please let me know.
  3. ScaRReDMinD Win User

Potentially bad fan bearing

they declined it because it is out of warranty...
  4. Chris238 Win User

Defective Console - Poor Resolution, Giant SCAM by Microsoft

The X1 will power on and work without the controller, it will not without the power brick.

In my eyes, the brick is a component of the system, and not an accessory.

Can I buy a 3rd party power brick and still have the system covered under warranty if it fries? I'm pretty sure that warranty claim would be declined. However, if it's just an accessory, there should be no issue right?
  5. {Parity} Win User

Xbox One Elite Controller Faulty Grips

There is nothing anyone in the forums can do. If the warranty is up and you have already been in contact with support about the issue and they have declined to any support because of the expired warranty then there is not much else that can be done.
  6. choppyseize Win User

XBOX One Elite Controller - Stick Magnets faulty?

The elite controllers have a limited 1 year warranty. You can arrange a repair if you request a call-back from support.

You can request a free call-back by signing on at
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us and selecting Billing. When prompted to speak to a virtual agent, decline it. After answering a few more
    questions, you should get the option to request a callback.

If it's past it's warranty you may have to purchase a new one.
Thema:

1. Controller warranty declined - Similar Threads - Controller warranty declined

2. Xbox Elite 2 controller warranty issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite 2 controller warranty issues.: I just bought an elite controller today, I register the product and instead of getting 1 year warranty it tells me it expires in 12/7/22 instead 05/17/23. 3fb96995-f0c2-4ddf-8c8d-b5873c37b42a
  3. Elite 2 Controller warranty issues!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 Controller warranty issues!!!: So, bought new in December developed issues in March and sent back mid April under warranty. They sent me a refurb and immediately had drifting and sticking button issues. Sent that back and just...
  4. How do I purchase warranty on my Microsoft Elite Controller Series 2 bought from retailer...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I purchase warranty on my Microsoft Elite Controller Series 2 bought from retailer...: I purchased a New Microsoft Elite Controller Series 2 from GameStop today (4/18/22). GameStop offered me a two year warranty for $70. I heard Microsoft allows for purchase of two year warranty for...
  5. Xbox controller warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller warranty: How do I check the order details from my xbox controller warranty. I refunded the xbox controller and got a Target gift card out of it. 1e6b7a78-c916-49e5-b6cf-aacbd53e8cf1
  6. CONTROLLER WARRANTY

in XBoX on Consoles
    CONTROLLER WARRANTY: if i receive a refurbished series 2 controller form Microsoft how long is the warranty? 7ad9d1e5-0cc3-4e45-a5fd-18cbd85e0cb2
  7. Xbox Controller In Warranty Return

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller In Warranty Return: I just completed a repair order for an in warranty xbox controller. The website says I need to return the non-working controller before a new one will be shipped. Problem is, they don't give an...
  8. Unable to claim warranty on Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to claim warranty on Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller: Hi, I'm unable to claim warranty on my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller. I got it as a Christmas gift, so I don't have any invoice. I registered the device on my account page, as per instructions....
  9. Creating warranty Claim for Elite 2 Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Creating warranty Claim for Elite 2 Controller: Hi everyone, I’ve been trying to start a warranty claim via the Devices page in my account for over a month now. The device is registered correctly and I’m able to start the process. However when...
  10. 90 day warranty for replacement controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    90 day warranty for replacement controller: I sent back an Xbox series controller within the 90 day warranty period (there was an issue with the headphone socket). The replacement that Microsoft sent me is also faulty. I have had it for...