Controller wireless sync issues

Discus and support Controller wireless sync issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Okay so I've tried everything related to this online but maybe you guys can help. I have 2 wireless controllers for my xbox one which both suddenly... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ffionkatie, Feb 14, 2020 at 8:53 AM.

1. ffionkatie
    ffionkatie Guest

Okay so I've tried everything related to this online but maybe you guys can help.

I have 2 wireless controllers for my xbox one which both suddenly stopped working wirelessly, they do both work via USB.

I tried every type of hard reset apart from factory resetting the xbox.

I replaced my WiFi board, the WiFi cable and the power/eject/sync ribbon... Still hasn't fixed the issue.

When I press the sync button on the xbox nothing happens. Is there a way of contacting an xbox technician or someone who would know why this is happening? Surely its hardware not software related if the sync button isn't having an effect on the xbox?

:)

2. SammieChaos Win User

Xbox One X controller

This happens every now and then, you can sync the second controller and it should recognize it. Once you sync the controller you shouldn't have an issue.

You can find steps to do this on the
    How to Sync a Wireless Controller
    support page.

Let us know if this fixes the issue!
  3. Sanana94 Win User

Wireless extra controller

Also, I would like to add that in case you are having trouble connecting your wireless controller with your Xbox One... you can connect it with a USB cable and then unplug it.

This will sync the controller with the console and avoid other wireless syncing issue you may have. :)
  4. ffionkatie Win User

I have 2 battery packs both charged and also tried with regular batteries, the xbox itself won't let me sync? It's not the controllers I'm certain of that, why isn't my xbox trying to sync when I press the sync button?
  5. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello Ffionkatie,

Unfortunately, discussion of self-repair (consoles or accessories) goes against the forums guidelines. We will be locking this thread. If you ever have another question or would like to start a discussion, please make a new thread.

Xbox
    Forum Guidelines

23) Please do not discuss or post links to any topic that could violate the 'Terms Of Use'. Including any threads or posts regarding modifying the way your Xbox operates such 'modding' and/or 'chipping'
    your Xbox or otherwise altering the way it is intended to operate. This includes ANY discussion of self-repair. Please only suggest official support procedures as noted on official support pages on Xbox.com.
  6. krisssssie Win User

Thema:

1. Controller wireless sync issues - Similar Threads - Controller wireless sync

2. Purchased 2nd Xbox One S white wireless controller, not syncing with headset, headset still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Purchased 2nd Xbox One S white wireless controller, not syncing with headset, headset still...: Xbox One S bundle - original controller has issues, bought a new one, headset still works on original but not the new one. Can you help? b92fb42e-92ae-4158-b8a4-82493c94541a
  3. sync button broken on my controller, can i still connect wirelessly?

in XBoX on Windows
    sync button broken on my controller, can i still connect wirelessly?: The sync button on my windows xbox one controller is broken and i would still like to wirelessly connect my controller to my pc. i dont want to fix the button. is there a way to connect without...
  4. Wireless controller sync.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless controller sync.: When i use the "instant on" power setting my controller stays in sync. When i change to "power saver" setting my controller will lose sync. My controller will NOT sync using the console and...
  5. Xbox one controller for Windows with wireless adapter. Controller won't sync.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one controller for Windows with wireless adapter. Controller won't sync.: Sometimes, at random it seems, when I push the home button, it will blink while I hold, it won't sync, and when I release the button, it stop blinking and shutdown. I have changed battery, updated...
  6. One Xbox One S Controller syncs on wireless adaptor but another doesn't

in XBoX on Windows
    One Xbox One S Controller syncs on wireless adaptor but another doesn't: Hello, So I recently bought another controller for my PC so my friends and I can have two player games. My Xbox One controller that came with my Wireless adaptor works flawlessly. However,...
  7. Xbox360 wireless controller not syncing to pc, already Devmanaged.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 wireless controller not syncing to pc, already Devmanaged.: I connected the controller to its main console. While attempting to connect to the PC, it is not syncing. I have used both drivers for my dongle. This has always worked for me in the several...
  8. xbox one wired controller wont work and wireless won't sync

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one wired controller wont work and wireless won't sync: My xbox one won't sync my wireless controller and I just bought a new wired controller and it will power the xbox but wI'll not light up or respond after that I've already hard reset it and called...
  9. Wireless adapter synced with controller,but not working in games on Windows 7

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless adapter synced with controller,but not working in games on Windows 7: My wireless adapter and controller works perfectly on Windows 10 Pro, but on Windows 7 Ultimate my games won't detect the controller. If I use the USB cable(wired connection) the controller works...
  10. Xbox one wireless adapter not syncing with wireless controller when it was before. Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one wireless adapter not syncing with wireless controller when it was before. Windows 10: I'm really getting frustrated this adapter. I have two of them mind you as I recently purchased and Oculus Rift, but this issue has been bothering me for long before. I installed the wireless...