Controller won’t stay connected after update

Discus and support Controller won’t stay connected after update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox controller keeps disconnecting and can’t stay connected for 10 seconds. I’ve reset the power on my Xbox, just had an update, switched my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bo8bBandit, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Bo8bBandit
    Bo8bBandit Guest

My Xbox controller keeps disconnecting and can’t stay connected for 10 seconds. I’ve reset the power on my Xbox, just had an update, switched my batteries to new ones in my controller and nothing is helping.

:)

Bo8bBandit, Aug 12, 2022
  2. stephanneish Win User

Controller won't stay connected

3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  4. THEOWENKILLER Win User

unknown error from IW servers ?????

they won`t be fixing it.

it will be a connection problem
  5. MuchElm90570352 Win User

Xbox One controller broken by Windows Anniversary Update

After the last W10 update (1703) my Xbox controller don't work.

Primarily I use the controller with the Occulus Rift.

Don´t work with wifi and don´t work connected to a USB port.

Any thoughts? Thanks
  6. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Xbox 360s controller

The TV being turned off is not the cause of the controller not connecting.

With your tv turned off, with no power on the HD lead, the console will not start up, you will not get the xbox loading splash screen.

The connect controller option comes after the loading screen, it won`t connect because it can`t get to that point.

You may as well say why can`t play games without my TV turned on.

Actually it is you that is not listening to the replies,you seem to think you have found some major problem, you haven`t.

You want a simple answer to your question?,You are simply not connecting your console correctly, how do you expect it to work right???
Thema:

1. Controller won’t stay connected after update - Similar Threads - Controller won’t stay

2. Controller won’t connect and Green screen of death (Xbox One)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won’t connect and Green screen of death (Xbox One): Hi, My controller randomly disconnected and won’t reconnect even after putting new batteries and trying the usb plug trick. And I’m unable to fix the green screen of death issue because of it....
  3. Controller won’t work on my iPhone 13 cloud gaming

in XboX Insiders
    Controller won’t work on my iPhone 13 cloud gaming: I have just got the new Xbox Series X, and I’m trying to attempt the cloud gaming. The controller is updated, I have an iPhone 13 with the latest update, the Bluetooth connects to both devices and...
  4. Xbox elite controller won’t stay on or work with Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller won’t stay on or work with Xbox: Hi I have an Xbox elite series 2 controller that is a little over a year old. Once after charging it, it will not power on or connect to my Xbox one. It blinks a few times and goes off. Even when...
  5. Xbox controllers won’t stay connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controllers won’t stay connected: So the controller I usually use (Xbox brand) will turn on my console and blink like it’s connecting but then shuts off and will not connect. I have tried more then one of my controllers and have...
  6. Xbox controller won’t stay on

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller won’t stay on: When i press the xbox button in my controller to connect to my PC wireless just flash the light while i press it, and if a release the button will turn of. it works while connected with the USB...
  7. Xbox one controller(New) won’t stay connected when I switch from my other controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller(New) won’t stay connected when I switch from my other controller: I have a 2 controller stand charger and when i switch to my newest controller it will connect for 2-5 seconds just enough time to bring up the xbox guide then the controller stays on but is no...
  8. Controllers won’t stay synched

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controllers won’t stay synched: Hi I have had my XBox One for several years and the conrollers have never worked wirelessly consistently. I have purchased 3 different controllers, have updated XBox and controllers, have tried...
  9. Controllers losing sync and won’t stay synced.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controllers losing sync and won’t stay synced.: I bought an Xbox One S about 2 weeks ago to play with a couple friends from work and for about a week straight now I’ve been having a constant problem with my controllers de-syncing while the...
  10. Xbox controller won’t stay on longer then 3-5 seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller won’t stay on longer then 3-5 seconds: My Xbox remote seems to turn on, stayed connected for about 4 flashes then dims off again, in those flashes it works for a moment, so it is connected to my Xbox one S, when it occurred I was...