controller wont turn on when wired

Discus and support controller wont turn on when wired in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I have 4 Xbox controllers. They connect with no problem when wireless but when I try to plug a cable into it will turn on for about 0.2 seconds only... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AvivAviv2, Oct 17, 2020.

1. AvivAviv2
    AvivAviv2 Guest

So I have 4 Xbox controllers. They connect with no problem when wireless but when I try to plug a cable into it will turn on for about 0.2 seconds only if I push it really hard and forward. Btw this problem occurs on all my 4 controllers and I used like
    10 other cables for testing. Is this hardware or software? Am being scammed for buying cheap controllers or something I haven't seen anyone have this problem.

:)

AvivAviv2, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Slade011147 Win User

maybe have your controller checked for damage to the charging port and or get a replacement
  3. SeanyM-B3F19989-6AD5 Win User

controller wont connect to xbox

Noticed tonight that i can get the controller to connect if I turn it on at about 5 seconds after turning on my xbox but my headset (wired) (definately works) wont connect. Also when i hold the dashboard button and select turn off controller it doesny do
    anything. Whats going on!?
  4. Darth Gideon Win User

App wont turn console on

my xboxone wont turn on from my control pad. i have to manually power on the console and then hard wire my control pad to get it recognized. it works normally after that. my console also no longer powers on my tv when i turn it on even tho it is set to do
    so.
  5. DJROCK1212 Win User

Controller will NOT Connect

When you say your controller wont connect do you mean the controller wont turn on or do you mean the controller does turn on but it is just not connected
  6. SickManx746 Win User

Plug and Play-USB not charging/ cable not working

I have 2 controllers. One that is wired, and I have separate controller that is wireless. When I plug in my wireless controller it doesn't turn on, and it makes my other wired controller which is plugged in turn off. The wired one works fine by itself. but
    once the wireless one is plugged in it doesnt work. What could be the problem?
Thema:

1. controller wont turn on when wired - Similar Threads - controller wont turn

2. why wont my controller turn on and only blink rapidly when pressing the home button?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why wont my controller turn on and only blink rapidly when pressing the home button?: my wireless controller i got a few months ago is suddenly not working like normal. when i try to turn it on by holding the x button it blinks super rapidly (more than just pairing mode, and it...
  3. Controller wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller wont turn on: Does anyone have a number I can call, for help. I used my controller a hand full of times, and rrmote wont turn on anymore. It is a wireless controller for xbox one. I have tried different battery...
  4. Xbox Controller Wont Turn On Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Wont Turn On Xbox: Hello, so this literally just started happening, and Ive had the console for 3ish years, I also cannot just turn on the xbox through the power button, as I changed the hard drive to a ssd, and...
  5. My xbox controller wont turn on at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox controller wont turn on at all: so i was playing on the PC and the USB i was using kept shaking, so i found a another one that doesn't shake and the Xbox controller doesn't turn on, like, the Xbox button does not light up at...
  6. xbox controller wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox controller wont turn on: hi guys, i really need your help, my xbox one controller has been showing signs of malfunction, i use triple A batteries, for some time now ever since i put new batteries it only takes about 2h to...
  7. Brand new XB One controller wont turn on if i use a rechargeable battery

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new XB One controller wont turn on if i use a rechargeable battery: Hey all. I just opened a brand new controller that I bought last year. I put a rechargeable xbox battery in and it wont turn on. The xbox light on the controller blinks when I press it but thats...
  8. Xbox controller will turn on but wont turn my xbox one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller will turn on but wont turn my xbox one x: Just got a new xbox one x. The controller will turn on and the button on the controller will stay lit up but it wont turn on my xbox. Also when I turn off my xbox my controller will stay on. What...
  9. Xbox one controller wont turn off after console is off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller wont turn off after console is off.: Split from this thread. Hello, I am seeing the same issue. My controller does not power off after shutting down the console. I have tried restarting the console, as well as checking the firmware...
  10. Controller wont turn on after a failed update

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller wont turn on after a failed update: The xbox had prompt me do update my xbox elite controller, after getting to 18%, the update failed and my controller would not work properly. After restarting my xbox my controller simply will not...