Controller won't turn on.

Discus and support Controller won't turn on. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. Today I picked up my Xbox controller and pressed the Xbox button in the center. However it will not turn on. The 4 green lights in the middle... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JCamardo, Feb 6, 2014.

1. JCamardo
    JCamardo Guest

Hello. Today I picked up my Xbox controller and pressed the Xbox button in the center. However it will not turn on. The 4 green lights in the middle turn on for a fraction of a second but that's all it will do. This is my only controller. I have tried using
    different batteries but to no avail it won't turn on. It will just flash for a second and then will not work. This is a wireless controller. I have had this controller for several years so the age may have caught up with it but I'd rather not buy a new controller.

:)

JCamardo, Feb 6, 2014
  2. Controller won't turn on

my Xbox one controller will not turn on. I logged on and my Xbox said that the controller needed an update, so I plugged it into the USB on the Xbox and now it won't turn on. This is now the second time this has happened to me. Help please

theBAGELbaker12, Feb 6, 2014
  3. loller800
    loller800 Guest
    Xbox controller won't turn on

So I just got a brand new Xbox headset and I logged onto my xbox one and it said it wanted to update my controller. I plugged it in with a usb cable and it started updating. A second layer it said something went wrong and my controller might be unresponsive
    for a few moments. It's now been 10 minutes and it won't turn on...... HELP!!!

loller800, Feb 6, 2014
  4. Controller won't turn on.

sounds like the batteries are at the end of their lifespan. The rechargeable 360 batteries will eventually fail to keep a charge. Try using regular AA batteries,if the controller works fine then you may want to consider purchasing new rechargeable batteries.

Spike68-11F12E56-F84E-4CF0-A409-79EE0294994A, Feb 7, 2014
Thema:

1. Controller won't turn on. - Similar Threads - Controller won't turn

2. Xbox One Controller won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller won't turn on: I've been using my Xbox One Controller for quite some time now, but not for playing on an Xbox One, but for playing games on my PC. So far, there hasn't been a problem with it, but since I don't...
  3. xbox 360 controllers won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 controllers won't turn on: we have 4 controller and 3 of them won't turn on. We have tried changing the batteries and they still won't work. Any fix for this? 7599d08d-f22d-463c-8547-064af0883e85
  4. Controller won't turn on when plugged into console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller won't turn on when plugged into console: I’ve had the one s for a year and have accumulated 4 wireless controllers. I recently bought insignia rechargeable batteries for each. Three of them charge when plugged into the console using a...
  5. Xbox One controller will turn off console but won't turn it on

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One controller will turn off console but won't turn it on: I've tried everything I can think of but out of the blue, I can turn on my Xbox One controller but the console won't turn on unless I turn on the console myself. I know it sounds trivial but I...
  6. Xbox One X - controller won't turn it on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X - controller won't turn it on.: Hello, I have a brand new Xbox One X. The controller which came with it won't turn it on. I synced an additional controller and the result is the same. Same for the media remote. Once the...
  7. Xbox One S Controller - After turning on won't reconnect to PC bluetooth (stays paired)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One S Controller - After turning on won't reconnect to PC bluetooth (stays paired): Hello there, I've recently bought two xbox one s controllers and I connect them to my PC through Bluetooth. But then I turn off my PC (or controller, or controller turns off automatically if I...
  8. Xbox one controller won't turn off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller won't turn off: I recently had a new Xbox one x last week. When I turn the controller on, it does not turn the xbox on and also when the xbox is one, holding the middle button to turn xbox off alongside the...
  9. My controller won't turn on all the way

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't turn on all the way: Can someone please help me? My controller won't completely turn on. If I press the xbox button, it lights up twice then turns off. Even if I hold the button, it does the same thing. It's connected...
  10. Xbox 360 slim turns on but green dot doesn't light up and controller won't connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim turns on but green dot doesn't light up and controller won't connect: my 360 decided to not work today it will power on come to account select page but the green dot doesn't light up and the controller won't connect/register 4ec79c02-afb9-4146-8b31-d1b82fa48f84