Controller works faulty due to newly bought rechargeble battery pack

Discus and support Controller works faulty due to newly bought rechargeble battery pack in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, Recente I bought a rechargeble battery pack (Ni MH) 4800mAh for my second wireless controller . Once recharged and put into the controller... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DiegoJulian123, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Controller works faulty due to newly bought rechargeble battery pack

Hi all,

Recente I bought a rechargeble battery pack (Ni MH) 4800mAh for my second wireless controller .

Once recharged and put into the controller the controller Does not work properly.

We play disney infinity and we can not control the figure. It starts running and keeps on running. There is no stopping it. Furthermore the controller only registers as second player and cannot be changed.

We tried the battery in the first controller and the same thing happens.

Can anyone help?

Mark

:)

DiegoJulian123, Apr 4, 2015
  2. Kevx1981
    Kevx1981 Guest
    x box controler problem help

@Mark316uk

Something similar has happened to myself.

For me it was a faulty battery pack, as when I used the faulty one the controller would randomly turn off and disconnect.

If you've got another controller try swapping the battery packs. If it still persists, the controllers maybe faulty

Kevx1981, Apr 4, 2015
  3. molesy09
    molesy09 Guest
    How do most of you charge your controllers?

I just use disposible AA betteries, none of my rechargeble battery packs have ever worked for more than a couple of months

molesy09, Apr 4, 2015
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

Sounds like an issue with the battery.

I'd take it back & get a refund.Most rechargeable batteries will work fine with your controller but I've heard that some can cause issues,i recommend an official play & charge kit,the 2 I have have lasted over 7 years of daily use.

Daft Badger, Apr 4, 2015
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Sounds like an issue with the battery.

I'd take it back & get a refund.Most rechargeable batteries will work fine with your controller but I've heard that some can cause issues,i recommend an official play & charge kit,the 2 I have have lasted over 7 years of daily use.
  6. molesy09 Win User

How do most of you charge your controllers?

I just use disposible AA betteries, none of my rechargeble battery packs have ever worked for more than a couple of months
  7. Callumpy Win User

Controllers won't charge.

Hi there, it could be the rechargeable battery pack on the back of the controller that is faulty. When you bought a replacement controller did you replace that too?

Try taking off the battery pack and cleaning the metal prongs that touch the back of the controller, and also you could try a different USB port on your console as the one you are using could not be working.
  8. Kevx1981 Win User

x box controler problem help

@Mark316uk

Something similar has happened to myself.

For me it was a faulty battery pack, as when I used the faulty one the controller would randomly turn off and disconnect.

If you've got another controller try swapping the battery packs. If it still persists, the controllers maybe faulty
  9. ArminatorX Win User

Play and Charge not working

So you mention that the controller works with the USB cable attached. Which means the cable is working.

Have you tried different battery packs as well? Maybe the battery pack is faulty and can't be charged anymore?
Thema:

1. Controller works faulty due to newly bought rechargeble battery pack - Similar Threads - Controller works faulty

2. View button not working on Xbox One Controller

in XBoX on Windows
    View button not working on Xbox One Controller: I bought a new Xbox one controller (Night Ops Camo model) to use with Windows 10. All other buttons work fine except the "view button". I already updated the controller firmware for the latest...
  3. Xbox One Controller Randomly Stopped Working On PC Overnight

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller Randomly Stopped Working On PC Overnight: Hello, I have a Windows 10 pc and I play a lot of Rocket League using an xbox one controller connected via a usb cable to my pc. I've never had connectivity problems or anything of the sort up...
  4. Controller Not Working for Console Streaming

in XboX Insiders
    Controller Not Working for Console Streaming: Anyone else having an issue with console streaming where you can connect fine but the controller doesn't work? I tested my setup and there was an error that a controller firmware update is needed,...
  5. Xbox One Controller 3.5mm Mic doesn't work on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller 3.5mm Mic doesn't work on Windows 10: Hey there, Today i tried to connect my headset to my xbox one controller so i can hear and speak with my friends over discord. My setup: My controller is connected via xbox one wireless usb...
  6. 3,5mm Jack not working on Xbox One S Controller through Bluetooth

in XBoX on Windows
    3,5mm Jack not working on Xbox One S Controller through Bluetooth: I use an Xbox One controller on PC. Audio works through usb cable only, is there any way to make it work through BT? Wireless adapter is impossible to buy in Brazil except for importing a...
  7. Elite 2 Controller Right Bumper NOT WORKING!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 Controller Right Bumper NOT WORKING!: How to start this rant.... The first word that comes to mind is disgust. I love Xbox, bought it when the first one just released. I was the only one of my friends who had one since they all...
  8. Elite Controller Series 2 paddles not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Series 2 paddles not working: All four paddles on my elite series 2 controller stopped working. I checked for controller updates and there are no updates available. Do I need to try to get a refund or can I fix this?...
  9. Volume controls not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Volume controls not working: Recently for some reason i can't change the volume of my tv neither the app nor the comtroller can do it anymore. I had my lwft bumper set to shift and d-pad up and down to asjust the volume and...
  10. Faulty xbox one controller - audio jack not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Faulty xbox one controller - audio jack not working.: I have a faulty xbox one controller but the repair centre say it is out of warranty. I only bought it end of september 2018. I cannot chat to anyone for some reason?...