Controller works on home screen but nothing else

Discus and support Controller works on home screen but nothing else in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok My controller works fine when I start my xbox. I can browse through the home screen with no issues. however when I try to play black ops2 or any... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by cdeez85, May 29, 2014.

1. cdeez85
    cdeez85 Guest

Ok My controller works fine when I start my xbox. I can browse through the home screen with no issues. however when I try to play black ops2 or any other game it goes haywire. it will start scrolling up thru the menu options like I'm holding down on the
    d-pad. it will stop if you back out and then go back but when you start a game my player is just looking down spinning to the left and firing the gun on his own. it also does this on video apps like hulu and crackle. it's like you're holding left. it wont
    let you move right or up or down in the menus. I've looked thru all the the forums and tried everything I know to try but i can't fix it. any help would be great. thanks

:)

cdeez85, May 29, 2014
  2. AC Dice Mann
    AC Dice Mann Guest
    Frozen home screen

I can turn on my Xbox1 using my controller and it opens at my home screen then nothing. Tried resynching my controller, hard reset but stil nothing. Any suggestions?

AC Dice Mann, May 29, 2014
  3. Xbox one unresponsive

My xbox fitness app crashed mid workout and took me back to the home screen. Now my kinect won't work at all and neither controller is responsive. The box will still start up and show the home screen, but it will not do anything else. HELP!

clance-C82F3F12-3B85-4FC1-8000-3A675FE73E0F, May 29, 2014
  4. K1nKYxPR3D4T0Rz Win User

Xbox home button issues

I have the exact same problem and it won't let me hard reset, the only thing the home button works with is turning on the controller and nothing else.
  5. xXBlackAbbottXx Win User

Unresponsive Kinect followed by frozen Xbox

Same issue here. I started Kinect Fitness and the screen wouldn't load. I went back to home to close the app and restart and that's when the controller became unresponsive. The kinect light was still on but voice commands would not work. Turned it off
    and could start hitting the home button on the controller but nothing else would register from the controller.

I ended up unplugging the kinect AND unplugging the power cord. Waited about 2 minutes and reconnected and started using the on switch on the console. Powered up and worked just fine after that. Thank god.
  6. joeku98 Win User

error code

I just got hit with this error code too. Powering up the Xbox One, and it went straight to an error message with this code.

The console doesn't show a home screen, it's just a black screen and nothing else.

The controller seems to work because I can move around and click on "Close" to get the error message away.

I can also press the Xbox button to turn off the console or controller and that works. When I select that I

want to "Report a Problem", nothing comes up. Besides those things, I can't do anything with this console.

Voice commands doesn't work.
  7. DavidMcinally Win User

4oD and Netflix Wont Play video?!!

I have the same problem with the machinima app when i try to play a video it takes me back to my home screen the xbox home screen not the machinima home screen but everything else works fine is anyone else getting this prob too
  8. Hellz Alphess Win User

Xbox One Wireless Controller Issues

Both my controllers home button do not work. I can not go to the home screen if in a game, nor can I open the side bar in order to make GameDVRs or check anything when playing a game. I have even tried using xbox one smart glass controller feature and even
    then the home button on there doesn't work either. I have tried a few the suggestions about holding the home button and everything and NOTHING has worked at all.
Thema:

1. Controller works on home screen but nothing else - Similar Threads - Controller works home

2. Since the latest update my home button on the controller stopped working. Anyone else?

in XboX Insiders
    Since the latest update my home button on the controller stopped working. Anyone else?: So for example, if I click a game, the only way to go back to the main menu is to completely restart the console manually. submitted by /u/Snowstandards [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox one controller home button not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller home button not working: So I accidentally dropped my controller off the bed, I then try to turn it on which will then turn on the xbox except it doesn't. I'll press down the home button and it will start blinking but as...
  4. Controller not working only home button and wont update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller not working only home button and wont update: Hi, i have a problem, my controller wont work it will connect wired but will not connect wirelessly. When it is connected via cable all i can do is press home button no other buttons work at all....
  5. Controller won’t power on wirelessly and home button DOES NOT WORK HELP

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won’t power on wirelessly and home button DOES NOT WORK HELP: My xbox one controller does not power on wirelessy. It only comes on via usb cable and when it is working the home button does not work i cant switch out of apps and games and its really annoying...
  6. Xbox one controller home button not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller home button not working: my xbox one controller home button isn't working, it isn't taking me home, nor can I shut the Xbox down. I can turn on the controller with the button so I know the button itself isn't broken. I...
  7. gears of war 4 crimson omen controller home button not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    gears of war 4 crimson omen controller home button not working.: I just got my xbox one s GoW 4 limited edition console. I immediately noticed that the home button on the controller does nothing, i know that it should bring the home screen up everytime i press...
  8. Xbox One S Controller Home Button not always working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Controller Home Button not always working: Hi guys, I just got a Xbox One S Controller, but the home button differs alot from my old classic. Theres no resistence in the home button, and it doesn't always register two clicks. Instead, it...
  9. Home button does not work on controller, have already tried hard reset numerous times.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home button does not work on controller, have already tried hard reset numerous times.: Hi, I bought my xb1 last Wednesday and have not been able to get the home button to work at all, I have tried the hard reset numerous times and unplugging the console, but still have not got it to...
  10. Xbox one elite controller home button not working properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one elite controller home button not working properly: My xbox one elite controller's home button only works about 5% of the time. It get real frustrating when i need to double click it to record something crazy that happened while playing. I have no...