Controllers issue after firmware update (no sound just unpleasant noise)

Discus and support Controllers issue after firmware update (no sound just unpleasant noise) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; The issue is that after firmware update of my controllers my HyperX CloudX Gaming headset is not working anymore (mic not working; no sound just... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Colos1983, Feb 11, 2020.

1. /u/Colos1983
    /u/Colos1983 Guest

The issue is that after firmware update of my controllers my HyperX CloudX Gaming headset is not working anymore (mic not working; no sound just unpleasant noise).

Headset is still working fine with the other controller which had not been updated.

Other headsets are also not working with the updated controllers.

I repeated the update with the console and with my PC; contacted the support, but still not solved...

Any idea?

submitted by /u/Colos1983
    [link] [comments]

/u/Colos1983, Feb 11, 2020
  2. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Headphone Jack

Sounds like you need to use a headset adapter as the 3.5mm socket of the controller with the issue may be faulty. Also try a controller firmware update.
  3. Zly Tomaszek Win User

Constant Controller disconnects!!!!

got the same issue after the last Dashboard preview update, both Controllers are disconnecting now and playing wire with ugly noises is just unacceptable
  4. Noakespg Win User

Not receiving adapter/controller update--incompatible headset?

I have this same issue and it IS a problem. I manually updated my firmware for each of my controllers BEFORE getting by XO Seven. Now whenever I plug in the headset it prompts me to update firmware (although the sound is already working). When I try and
    update it fails without giving an error, then my controller will no longer sync.

This is incredibly annoying and I hope that MS either fix the console's firmware to stop asking me to update or release another firmware update for the controller which fixes the syncing issue.
  5. Drunk COLER Win User

No Sound Through Turtlebeach XO One Headset

Try updating the firmware on the controller. Update needs to be done for sound to come out of controller port.
  6. OGDale Win User

Xbox One Controller not detecting Headset after firmware update

Update:

After trying to reset console to factory settings, this didn't downgrade the controller firmware as advised it would by support.

I've also tried unenrolling from the preview via Insider Hub and restarted the console to return to normal dash again. This also had no fix for the issue so I can confirm it's got nothing to do with being on a preview.

The issue is purely down to the controller firmware which was released and since there is no way to downgrade the controller firmware, I am now without a headset.

Purchasing a headset adaptor is merely a workaround to a problem caused by a firmware update and instead of a workaround, I personally think an actual fix would be best option.

The problem existed before the first controller update, after the first update, the problem was resolved. However the newest firmware update I have received for controller has broken the compatibility somehow once again.

Clearly there is a way to solve the issue via another firmware update, this is the reason I won't purchase something additional as it's not needed because it worked before an update broke it.

I sound like I'm complaining but I'm just explaining and I'd much prefer a fix for the issue rather than spending more money on a workaround. I can use earbuds until the problem is fixed I guess.

Thanks for the replies all.
Thema:

1. Controllers issue after firmware update (no sound just unpleasant noise) - Similar Threads - Controllers issue firmware

2. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Thumbstick issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Thumbstick issue: So my Elite Controller thumbsticks are screwed. Drifting all over the place, and basically unusable. It's still in warranty (until the 9th this month), but here's where I run into the big issue: I...
  3. [Recent Purchase] Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller having issues

in XBoX on Windows
    [Recent Purchase] Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller having issues: Okay, so I just bought this controller, and at first, I really liked it. However, as I played my games, the A button has not been registering all my actions. I don't know why this is but it is...
  4. Xbox controller Elite series 2 disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller Elite series 2 disconnecting issues: Ever since last year I've been hearing people complaint about the random disconnects while playing. It has happened to me several times but it baffled me why the random disconnect. So when Doom...
  5. Elite controller series 2 issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite controller series 2 issue: Elite controller series 2 have hardware issues when you gaming more than 2 h problems starts Microsoft cannot fix the problem because is the heating of some part on controller, is not the...
  6. P2 paddle issue on elite controller v1

in XBoX on Consoles
    P2 paddle issue on elite controller v1: Hi, hope someone can help..have an elite controller gears 4 controller, the P2 paddle now doesn't work. Tried the mapping, changing paddles, nothing. The green bit still clicks in. Possibly...
  7. Controller issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller issue: Hello Im having a problem with my xbox elite controller. The problem is that I cant hear nothing in party or gamechat when plug in my headset. The headset is not the problem it works on my sisters...
  8. Issue with connection of my wireless controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue with connection of my wireless controller: I have an issue with my xbox controller, the sound on my side starts to "explode" as well as on the side of whoever is hearing me a the time, it also sometimes it disconnect itself as if I had...
  9. Console streaming issue with controller firmware?

in XboX Insiders
    Console streaming issue with controller firmware?: Hi I originally posted this to /r/Xbox one and was recommended to post here. The issue I seem to be running across is whenever I try to set up the ability to console stream to my phone, my...
  10. Xbox One Controller: Left Analogue Stick Issues Since Firmware Upgrade

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller: Left Analogue Stick Issues Since Firmware Upgrade: I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this, but since updating to the new controller firmware (Feb 2015) I have discovered there is an issue with the left Analogue Stick - I noticed this playing...