Controllers not working wirelessly on Xbox One X

Discus and support Controllers not working wirelessly on Xbox One X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As of 12/1/21, controllers aren't working wirelessly on my Xbox One X. I've tried 3 different Xbox Series X controllers. I can't pair them remotely. If... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DigitalFirefly, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Controllers not working wirelessly on Xbox One X

As of 12/1/21, controllers aren't working wirelessly on my Xbox One X. I've tried 3 different Xbox Series X controllers. I can't pair them remotely. If I plug them in, they pair and work. As soon as I unplug the cable it says "controller disconnected". Firmware is up to date on the system and controllers. I don't have any Xbox One controllers anymore to test. I've changed batteries. I've reset the system.

:)

DigitalFirefly, Dec 3, 2021
  2. SamQY Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

It is very likely that the wireless card that makes the connection between the console and the controllers is defective and needs to be replaced.

Do a favor. Press and hold the console power button until the console turns off, remove the power cord and HDMI cable. Remove the batteries from your controller for a few minutes.

After a few minutes, plug the cables into your console, put the batteries in your controller, and try powering up the console with your controller and see if it stays connected.

If the problem persists, I'm afraid the console will need to be repaired. This link contains instructions on how to send the console to Microsoft.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. Viper7Gamer Win User

Is my wireless headset compatible with the xbox one

The Corsair HS70 does not work on the Xbox One wirelessly. You might be able to use it wired to your controller.

All compatible controllers will have a works with Xbox tag on the box. This one does not.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox and Android

Hi Viktor,

I don't think using the Xbox One controller on a mobile phone is a compatible option unfortunately. There was a project a few years ago where they were trying to make an Xbox One controller compatible with Windows 10 phones wirelessly using an app, but I'm
    not sure that ever was released.

All Xbox One controllers are compatible with any Xbox One model. So an original Xbox One controller will work with an Xbox One X console.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
  5. BelatedZero53 Win User

Can't get through first time setup. Nothing on this site mentions my problem -can't find help!

Seriously? I thought the X-Box One was a true wireless device? I update and download all kinds of stuff wirelessly on multiple computers in the house with no problems. If this console does not work 100% wirelessly (as it was sold to us), then I don't even
    want it!

If it's as you say, that the Xbox One really doesn't work properly wirelessly, I am just going to return it. Can you please confirm that this is the case?
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

Xbox 360 wired controller not working in windows 10?

With the Xbox 360 controller, it only sent data wirelessly. The charging cable was only used to charge rechargeable batteries on the controller, and does not send data over the wire for the controller. You would need the Xbox 360 wireless controller
    adapter (usb dongle) to connect. If the 360 controller was wired natively then that would work, but the default controllers only worked wirelessly.
Thema:

1. Controllers not working wirelessly on Xbox One X - Similar Threads - Controllers working wirelessly

2. Elite Series 2 Controller right stick stops working on wireless. Why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller right stick stops working on wireless. Why?: I have an elite series 2 that I bought in December. If I use it wirelessly, the right thumbstick stops working. I can use all other buttons and sticks. I can even click the right thumbstick but...
  3. Xbox Series X controller not working wirelessly

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X controller not working wirelessly: My xbox series x controller won't let me use it wirelessly unless im right in front of my og xbox one I want to be able to use it just a little further I can use a type c usb but I want to use it...
  4. Xbox Series X controller not working wirelessly

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X controller not working wirelessly: My xbox series x controller won't let me use it wirelessly unless im right in front of my og xbox one I want to be able to use it just a little further I can use a type c usb but I want to use it...
  5. My wireless Xbox One Controller stopped working with USB cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wireless Xbox One Controller stopped working with USB cable: Hey there, There's a problem that occurred recently regarding the connectivity between my Xbox One Controller and my PC. I read some posts online on how to solve this (the controller vibrates on...
  6. Xbox one wireless controler not working on games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one wireless controler not working on games: Hello ladies and gentlemment, I have the issue that the xbox one wireless controller for PC doesnt work with games it actually can open the xbox game bar and the xbox accesories app recognise it,...
  7. Wireless controller to iPad Pro - Not working

in XboX Insiders
    Wireless controller to iPad Pro - Not working: Hey all. I just bought an Xbox controller to play on my iPad and it’s connected but not responding to the controller. There’s a message in Bluetooth that says “Firmware update is needed to...
  8. Xbox One controller stops working wirelessly on Windows 10 PC.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One controller stops working wirelessly on Windows 10 PC.: Hey guys, It's exactly like the title states. Yesterday, I was playing some Forza Horizon 5 on my computer when it somehow crashed. It wouldn't start anymore so I fired up my old dusty first gen...
  9. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Issues (works wired but not over bluetooth)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Issues (works wired but not over bluetooth): Looks to be a common issue according to Reddit. Whenever I unplug my controller it stops working. The first step to even get it to recognize the device after being unplugged is to go into...
  10. Xbox wireless controller works with steam but not with Xbox cloud games anymore? (very...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless controller works with steam but not with Xbox cloud games anymore? (very...: As the title states, I can't get my wireless controller to work at all, even when its connected to my pc and shows its connected via Bluetooth. Works fine in steam once I load up a game, but it...