Coop PC and Xbox in the same household

Discus and support Coop PC and Xbox in the same household in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm trying to play coop on a PC and xbox in the same household. My wife is signed in with her gamertag on my "Home" xbox, so she has access to my games... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Spartan COG, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Spartan COG
    Spartan COG Guest

I'm trying to play coop on a PC and xbox in the same household. My wife is signed in with her gamertag on my "Home" xbox, so she has access to my games and live. I am on the PC. When we both try to play State of Decay 2 at the same time, we receive a "Game
    in use" modal making it so we can only play the game on one or the other. From my understanding, this is supposed to work if you have two xboxes running in the same household. Is this a bug with PC or is this scenario not supported?

:)

Spartan COG, Jun 24, 2019
  2. VestiaryGolem2 Win User

Do both of you have different accounts?
  3. ooO StAsH Ooo Win User

Excellent news! That's why I started off by asking if you were sure you weren't signed in on both devices with the same account🧐, had a feeling it had to be that! Anyway, glad the problem is sorted and you can get back to gaming with your loved ones!
    Have fun✌😄

Happy Gaming!
  4. Spartan COG Win User

This message displays on both the PC and Xbox. I have gamepass ultimate, so I do not own the game. My wife is signed into her account on my home xbox and I am on the PC. I do have a second Xbox I can try, but I was hoping the PC
    would work because it is more convenient. I would love to hear about support for this in the future.

[​IMG]
  5. ooO StAsH Ooo Win User

Hi,

Are you using the same Microsoft account to sign in on the console and the PC at the same time? If so, that is probably the reason you get that message and aren't able to both play at the same time on different devices. You should create a secondary account
    for your wife so she can play on the Xbox while you're on the PC. Adding a family member to your 'Home' xbox means you won't have to buy another Gold membership for your wife's account. You can do this by following the steps below:

1. press the Xbox button
      to open the guide.
    2. Select Sign in down and select your account to sign in.
    3. After you're signed in, press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    4. Select System > Settings.
    5. Under Account, select Family. This section shows all the current members of your family.
    6. Select Add to family.
    7. Select the profile for the person you want to add, and then press the
      A
      button on your controller.

You should now be able to sign-in on the PC with your account and your wife can sign in with her linked 'family member' account on the xbox 😁👌

Happy Gaming!
  6. Allebas Win User

Hi Spartan COG,

Your wife shouldn't have a problem playing on your Home Xbox with her gamertag. I recommend checking your Xbox and make sure your account is set as the Home Xbox and make sure she is sign into her Xbox Live account. Then restart the game on both the PC
    and Xbox. Lets me know if that helped!
Thema:

1. Coop PC and Xbox in the same household - Similar Threads - Coop same household

2. Coop offline xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Coop offline xbox one: Hi everyone, i have a problem to play coop offline with kane e lynch 2 with xbox one. When i try to play the story mode in coop a message tell me “Two player must be connected to play in coop...
  3. Gears of War 2 Digital download crashes in coop play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of War 2 Digital download crashes in coop play: Hi, I purchased an Xbox one X Gears of war package which has all 5 gears of war games (1 to 5). When playing Gears 2 in Coop mode, the game freezes at the same point in the game I get a loud...
  4. New feature suggestion: local coop gaming for non coop games with a multiplayer element

in XboX Insiders
    New feature suggestion: local coop gaming for non coop games with a multiplayer element: Now of course I don't expect this to be easily implemented but with more and more game producers not facilitating local co-op due to what is widely seen as performance issues or lack of demand,...
  5. Fable 3 gamepass local coop saves disappearing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 3 gamepass local coop saves disappearing: Ok I have researched this for a week now, because my gf and I spent a good 10+ hrs in a gaming session, just to lose both of our characters and being stuck where we left off in the storyline. I...
  6. Trine: Ultimate Collection - Online Coop Trine 1-3?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trine: Ultimate Collection - Online Coop Trine 1-3?: Hello. I recently bought Trine: Ultimate Collection for Xbox One to play with my buddy togehther online. The description of the game at the Xbox Live Store says that all episodes (1-4) are...
  7. Crackdown 3 - Network error in all coop modes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Crackdown 3 - Network error in all coop modes: Hey all, My brother and I are trying to play Crackdown 3 coop campaign. Every time we go into either Coop campaign or Coop Keys to the city, after roughly 17 seconds we get the message:...
  8. Dúvida - Conquista do Resident Evil 5 em Coop - Xbox One [Translate] Doubt-Conquest of...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dúvida - Conquista do Resident Evil 5 em Coop - Xbox One [Translate] Doubt-Conquest of...: Então, estou jogando em modo cooperativo com meu irmão, e quando a gente finaliza o capítulo eu ganho a conquista por ter finalizado o capítulo, e ele não ganha nenhuma conquista. Outra coisa é...
  9. Doom II Classic achievement coop Nightmare is glitched

in XBoX on Consoles
    Doom II Classic achievement coop Nightmare is glitched: Hello, I contact the Xbox support about the game Doom || Classic. I have finished 7/32 levels on Nightmare in coop with my friend and the progression is blocked to 16% though our progression...
  10. How to start same Xbox1 offline coop game Halo CE?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to start same Xbox1 offline coop game Halo CE?: The title says it: I am trying to play an offline coop game of Halo CE īn the new Halo MCC, but I can't find an option to play an offline coop career game in Halo CE. Is it not possible? Help is...