Copilot with other controllers/wheels

Discus and support Copilot with other controllers/wheels in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can copilot be used with any other type of controller apart from the official wireless controller? This would be great to have when using a wheel but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ballinge, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Ballinge
    Ballinge Guest

Can copilot be used with any other type of controller apart from the official wireless controller?

This would be great to have when using a wheel but it never picks up the wheel when trying to activate copilot. It only shows the one controller.

Thanks

:)

Ballinge, Feb 25, 2018
  2. blueamcat
    blueamcat Guest
    blueamcat, Feb 25, 2018
  3. Xbox One Speed Wheel?

yes I don't like racing with controllers at all. Copilot with other controllers/wheels :) I DONT HAVE BING BUCKS FOR A GOOD WHEEL, HECK IM STILL USING MICROSOFTS 360 WHEEL AND SPEED WHEEL. MY XBOX ONE WILL GET RUSTY IF THEY DON'T COME UP WITH SOMETHING. Other than making the xbox 360 unusable.

Altrx-0EADA41B-D1E9-4F81-83EB-D4EFAD66AB09, Feb 25, 2018
  4. Copilot with other controllers/wheels

The
    Copilot support article
    doesn't specifically mention that this feature only works for official Xbox controllers, so it
    should work for almost anything (although YMMV with third-party controllers).

Does it help if you were to switch the second controller around? Let the copilot controller be the regular one, and the wheel controller the main one?

Internet Expert, Feb 25, 2018
  5. Ballinge
    Ballinge Guest
    Hi,

I've tried both ways, it doesn't register that any other controller is connected so you can't activate co pilot. Even when playing a game with the wheel and going back to home and trying to add co pilot. So the wheel is definitely registered with the Xbox
    just won't appear in co pilot as a valid controller.

Hopefully they add this, would a great feature.

Thanks

Ballinge, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Internet Expert Win User

The
    Copilot support article
    doesn't specifically mention that this feature only works for official Xbox controllers, so it

Does it help if you were to switch the second controller around? Let the copilot controller be the regular one, and the wheel controller the main one?
  7. Ballinge Win User

The
    Copilot support article

Hi,

I've tried both ways, it doesn't register that any other controller is connected so you can't activate co pilot. Even when playing a game with the wheel and going back to home and trying to add co pilot. So the wheel is definitely registered with the Xbox
    just won't appear in co pilot as a valid controller.

Hopefully they add this, would a great feature.

Thanks
  8. WPAK Win User

Xbox Adaptive Controller and microsoft wireless controller

Hi there,

I don't know if it is possible to connect the controller to the Xbox Adaptive controller, maybe someone else can answer that question.

But I do know an alternate option to do that, which is via Copilot option on the console itself, where a second controller can be used to for help the person on the other controller, with steering or button presses etc.

See this link on how to set it up:
    https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/accessories/copilot

I assume it will also work with the Adaptive controller.
  9. Frankalore the Merci Win User

2 controllers operating simultaneously

10. XBF Ezra G Win User

Xbox adaptive controller

Hi WARRIOR I M,

Thanks for your post. The Xbox One now has a feature named "Copilot", which allows two controllers to be used as one. To learn more about copilot, check out:

Copilot on Xbox One

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Copilot with other controllers/wheels - Similar Threads - Copilot controllers wheels

2. Allowing copilot to work with flight sticks not just Xbox controllers

in XboX Insiders
    Allowing copilot to work with flight sticks not just Xbox controllers: I think copilot should work with all types of controllers not just regular Xbox controllers submitted by /u/barrettm95 [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox "copilot mode" - Does it work with Office?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox "copilot mode" - Does it work with Office?: I just read this reddit about using Xbox Copilot mode to help people with motor control issues play games. ....
  4. 2 Controller for Player 1 - without Copilot!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    2 Controller for Player 1 - without Copilot!!!: (sorry my englisch....) Xbox One - Soulcalibur VI - 2 player can not be chosen I can not connect the 2 controller for player 2 on "gamer vs gamer". Both controllers are managing player 1...
  5. Copilot wireless pc Part #2

in XBoX on Windows
    Copilot wireless pc Part #2: February 2019 somebody brought this up. It ended with them buying a wireless adapter. I am revisiting this issue because I have a PC and I am streaming my Xbox One X. I just bought a Xbox...
  6. Xbox adaptive controller and copilot mode compatibility question

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox adaptive controller and copilot mode compatibility question: Hi I'm a one handed gamer whose left hand lacks motor functions after an accident. I'm usually gaming with an arcade stick but they lack the analog controls so it doesn't work in all situations....
  7. Copilot with hotas one and xbox controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Copilot with hotas one and xbox controller: Unfortunately, the combination hotas one and xbox controller does not work in copilot mode. It would be a useful addition, especially in the field of flight simulation. Would it be possible to...
  8. "Turn on Copilot" button

in XBoX Accessibility
    "Turn on Copilot" button: Hello. The "Turn on Copilot" button in Ease of Access > Controller > Copilot Settings is blocked. Can you help me please ? 63b948f8-6750-4494-b4db-82c96f0553a2
  9. copilot wireless pc

in XBoX on Windows
    copilot wireless pc: I'm using a xbox adaptive controller and a standard xbox one controller connected via bluetooth to my pc running windows 10. I can get them to work independently but not in copilot. How do I get...
  10. Hotas and copilot

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hotas and copilot: Hey, I was wondering if we are going to get an software update in the future that will allow us to use both Hotas and controller at the same time in copilot mode. As of right now the xbox does...