Corrupted game file (or not?)

Discus and support Corrupted game file (or not?) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Lego Hobbit game is saying that the Slot 1 game is corrupted. But looking at it under the xbox storage settings, it's not showing the yellow... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Petroldog, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Petroldog
    Petroldog Guest

Lego Hobbit game is saying that the Slot 1 game is corrupted. But looking at it under the xbox storage settings, it's not showing the yellow exclamation mark it's apparently supposed to show for a corrupted file. I've tried copying it to USB and playing
    from there but it still comes up as corrupted. So is it or isn't it? I don't want to delete it in case it can actually be recovered (10yr old son has spent countless hours getting to where it was up to... Devastated!)

thanks in advance for any insights!

:)

Petroldog, Jun 12, 2014
  2. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest
    Virus or corrupted files

Hey BOSSMAN JAM! Are you getting any error messages or codes when the games kick you offline? When you are kicked offline, does the whole console lose connection or just in game? If possible, include screenshots of what your're seeing. Post
    back and let us know!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Cizl, Jun 12, 2014
  3. aslanhead
    aslanhead Guest
    Apps not loading

contacted customer service..had 1 corrupted file....deleted it...cleared cache...deleted profile only....restarted console...downloaded profile again....then everything worked

to find the corrupted file...go to settings hard drive and look for each possible file...the corrupted file has a warning sign.
    clearing cache - hard drive...press Y - did that 3 times

aslanhead, Jun 12, 2014
  4. Corrupted game file (or not?)

Please try clearing your system cache 3 times consecutively and see if that fixes the problem. If that doesn't, you may have to delete the save or it could corrupt other files as well.

Andy Mulligan, Jun 13, 2014
  5. BeastBadshah Win User

Xbox fifa 18 save game corrupted, cannot load different save.

Solutions

To resolve this issue, try the following solutions:

Solution 1: Delete the corrupted game file

If the saved game file is corrupted, delete it. Here's how.

Note You cannot recover a corrupted saved game file. To protect other content, you must delete the corrupted file.

1. Determine if the saved game is corrupted. To do this, follow these steps:
      1. Select settings, System, and then Storage.
      2. Select the storage location, and then press the A button.
      3. Select Games and Apps, and then press the A button.
      4. Select the game, and then press the A button.
      5. Select the saved game, and then press the A button.
        Note A corrupted saved game file is marked with a yellow exclamation point.
    2. If the saved game file is corrupted, delete the corrupted file. To do this, select
      Delete.
    Solution 2: Request a repair

If the issue is not resolved, your console may need to be repaired.
    Start the repair process

More Information

This problem rarely happens. When you try to play a saved game file that’s corrupted, you may get an error message depending on how the game saves corrupted files. Some games just filter out corrupted content, but other games display an error message.
  6. Arisian-9E274B65-A57 Win User

Corrupt GAME files

Just sucks because every single game has been corrupted. I might have to format the HD in windows and then format it on the xbox - no clue what to do beyond that... Just SUCKS when the games take 16 hours to dload.

Thanks for your help!

Issue still exists :)
  7. Andy Mulligan Win User

Please try clearing your system cache 3 times consecutively and see if that fixes the problem. If that doesn't, you may have to delete the save or it could corrupt other files as well.
  8. IgotTSondabrain Win User

Corrupt GAME files

if you downloaded a game alrready and it did not complete the download, you have to delete the partial download that's in your hdd memory and try to download it again. otherwise it will not work. you probably had your connection interrupted the first time
    that's probably how it got corrupted again. you also cannot have already installed it by way of a disc either or it will corrupt the download. that's what happened to me....
  9. EightBasil56474 Win User

Corrupted game file

Can you try putting the game on an external Hard drive (USB3.0 and at least 256GB) to see if it's a hard drive issue?
    The thing is I don't have an external hard drive and they cost like 70 bucks. I was just wondering if there was a way to fix it without the external hard drive.
Thema:

1. Corrupted game file (or not?) - Similar Threads - Corrupted game file

2. Corrupted game & app files on profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Corrupted game & app files on profile: This problem has cost me several hours on the phone with Microsoft's oh-so-helpful xbox support with no answer. Im going to try to keep this as short as possible so bear with me. A few days ago...
  3. Corrupt game file.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Corrupt game file.: Ok so earlier i started downloading battlefield 5 but decided to cancel the install but the space it was taking for the install is still gone and the game keeps download from where i last stopped...
  4. Corrupted game file

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Corrupted game file: so today I tried to play fortnite on my Xbox one, when I selected it I got a notification that said the file was corrupt. I did what it said to do (delete and renown load the game) but when I went...
  5. i have lost my game file by a file corruption

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have lost my game file by a file corruption: when opening the game and waiting for it to load the game save it poped up to have a game save corruption and now i am unable to playing the save. i have made in game purchases and that is gone as...
  6. can't download games at 80%, corrupt file

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can't download games at 80%, corrupt file: Hello everyone, I have the same problem with different games, the download stops at 80% and sends the message "can't download game" then i find a corrupt file in storage, i've read that it may be...
  7. Is there any way to recover an earlier version of a saved game file that seems to be corrupted?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way to recover an earlier version of a saved game file that seems to be corrupted?: I have a savegame file of "Mount and blade warbrand" on my xbox that seems to be corrupted, I wonder if there is any way to recover a previous version of it from the cloud. Thank you...
  8. Your save game file is corrupt

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Your save game file is corrupt: Beginning last week, as I am playing any of the Solitaire games, a window pops up saying "Your save game file is corrupt. A new file will be created for you." I click " OK" and the game...
  9. xbox x won't install games, corrupt save files , gone repair, back the same

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox x won't install games, corrupt save files , gone repair, back the same: hi Since day one my console has issues to install game, stop after few go or even few ko, Saved game are getting corrupted wich stalling the device. Got to unplug the Xbox for few seconde...
  10. Corrupted game file

in XBoX on Consoles
    Corrupted game file: how do I fix a corrupted game file? 27f853a5-7313-4f17-b525-824e648342ef