Corrupted Xbox Game Pass Games

Discus and support Corrupted Xbox Game Pass Games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I recently decided to install Windows 10 on to my new NVME drive. Previously I had it running on an SSD. Before doing this I had about 220gb of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheodorPhilip, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Corrupted Xbox Game Pass Games

Hi,

I recently decided to install Windows 10 on to my new NVME drive. Previously I had it running on an SSD.

Before doing this I had about 220gb of Xbox Game Pass games on my NVME drive. I thought that these games could potentially be identified by Game Pass so I wouldn't have to download them again.

For some reason on my new Windows install, the folder with these games in is completely inaccessible. In order to access it, I followed a guide to give myself permissions to open the folder, this confirmed these are my Xbox games. I then tried to delete the folders, but it failed. I get a message saying "there is an unexpected error keeping you from deleting these folders" with error code 0x80004005. The folders were in the recycle bin, but seem to be invisible in there now. Using SpaceSniffer I can see the folders are still somewhere on the computer, taking up 220gb of space.

The only thing I have done is install Windows 10 on to the drive which stored my Xbox Game Pass games, and unlike every other platform which recognises games on the hard drive, the Game Pass games have caused a shitshow. What should my next steps be to try to remove the games from my drive?

Thanks

:)

TheodorPhilip, Jan 11, 2022
  2. HaseebSaeed1 Win User

Graphics glitching and random blocks occuring and pixels breaking.

The game that i downloaded was from game pass does game pass carries corrupted games?
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

What I'll advise in this case is to make a new installation of windows but by keeping all your personal files.

Once you have installed windows again you'll need to update all the available windows updates and then update all the xbox associated apps needed to start and download games.

Then reinstall the game and play. Unfortunately I don't see any other way around this.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Gears of war 4

Hi Manuel,

This option is not available unfortunately if it is a game pass game. If you own it then you can find it on the drive and back up the files. You could maybe try saving it to an external hard drive before uninstalling it. But, if the game is corrupt then
    the save you put on the external will be corrupt.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. DjVirginiak Win User

game freezing when I log in to xbox live

Madden 12 Game Freeze fix.

If the Madden is freezing at the start of the game when online:

1. Clear system cache

2. Delete profile only

3. Delete Madden online pass, Madden game saves, and any corrupted game data.

4. Delete last system update. (Call Xbox support on how to do this.)

5. Reboot Xbox

6. Install the xbox update.

7. Download profile

8..Download Madden online pass

9. Restart the game.
  6. Smiling Cat-FAB725BA Win User

Game Install...What's the Purpose?

Installing games on your hard drive improves load times and minimizes game disc access.

-

Right from the Xbox 360 support pages on installing games onto the 360.

-

Another thing it does that isn't mentioned is that the content is checked to ensure all data is copied and not corrupt or unreadable. Really important if you just bought a new or used game is to install it. Will let you know if there is a problem before
    you get into a game and have it crash or cause some other glitches because a section of the disc is unreadable or corrupt. Be amazing if the 360 could download any portions that are unreadable or corrupt and patch the disc image as long as it passes the basic
    DRM check. Maybe with the Xbox One it will be available.
Thema:

1. Corrupted Xbox Game Pass Games - Similar Threads - Corrupted Game Pass

2. corrupted games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    corrupted games: i reset my console after a game got removed from my library, i reset because i tried reinstaloling and said it was corrupted, i reset and now it says all of my games are corrupted(i use internal...
  3. Xbox one game corrupt.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one game corrupt.: So I go to reinstall Ark survival evolved on my xbox one from the store since I bought it digitally and it pops up with instillation stopped. when I click on the game in the queue it says. The...
  4. Error code (0x80070570) game reinstalls after deleting and appears to be corrupt on my Xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code (0x80070570) game reinstalls after deleting and appears to be corrupt on my Xbox...: Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War reinstalls everytime I delete it off my Xbox seagate hardive it stays installed but doesn’t take any space up on the seagate any ideas? It says it’s been corrupt...
  5. my fortnite wont intall keep getting game corrupted how can i fix it?

in XBoX on Windows
    my fortnite wont intall keep getting game corrupted how can i fix it?: Need help game wont intall and i have space 960b058a-421b-4e09-997e-2c020440ca6a
  6. Corrupted game/invalid code

in XBoX on Windows
    Corrupted game/invalid code: Hello there, my name is ZR1 Ive been having alot of issues trying to install a game, Ark Survival Evolved. Whenever i install it would do that fine but then it suspends my game at 99.4%...
  7. Corrupted game, cannot uninstall, please help.

in XboX Insiders
    Corrupted game, cannot uninstall, please help.: I’ve been having a problem with a game it will not let me uninstall, every time I try to uninstall it re-appears in my game library and will not go away, I can’t even launch the game. I’ve had...
  8. Xbox one E105 and E102 after corrupt game downloaded from game pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one E105 and E102 after corrupt game downloaded from game pass: Ok so I downloaded Ark survival from gamepass. I would think games available through game pass would be safe but no! I started Ark it crashed and came up with an error message of corrupted data....
  9. [XBOX Game Pass] RE7 - Save Game Corrupted on the cloud

in XBoX on Windows
    [XBOX Game Pass] RE7 - Save Game Corrupted on the cloud: I was playing RE7 but started to receive a message that is not possible to save the game. I closed the game and opened again, and it said that I dont have any save files, if I want to create one....
  10. Had game pass ,but gearz 5 would not play even with a new disc but, still saying corrupt,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Had game pass ,but gearz 5 would not play even with a new disc but, still saying corrupt,...: Have game pass ultimate, to play gears 5 but after awhile the game went corrupt and uninstalled and reinstall it and it didn't help so i brought the actual game disc ''brand new'' and it still...