Cortana not hearing me

Discus and support Cortana not hearing me in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Whenever i say hey Cortana, she responds with sorry I didn't hear anything. Is this because I don't have a headset? Thanks:)... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ingrdnlsn, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Ingrdnlsn
    Ingrdnlsn Guest

Cortana not hearing me

Whenever i say hey Cortana, she responds with sorry I didn't hear anything. Is this because I don't have a headset? ThanksCortana not hearing me :)

:)

Ingrdnlsn, Feb 12, 2019
  2. XBF Lance J Win User

Cortana not hearing me

Hey Ingrid,

Thank you for reaching out! You can actually
    use Cortana
    with either a headset or the Kinect's built in microphone. If you are using the latter and are still having issues with Cortana recognizing your commands, you might want to look into

calibrating the Kinect microphone
    . Hope this helps! :D
  3. ThePouchBear Win User

Cortana not hearing me

Cortana should respond if you have a headset or Kinect hooked up. Try saying a command at the same time such as "hey cortana, volume up" it should prevent the sorry I didn't hear anything prompt and instead just do the command.
  4. Jose Rosario Win User

Kinect doesn't hear me when Xbox One is on

I had the same issue. Turning the unit on by voice worked but thereafter any spoken commands resulted in Cortana telling me, "Rats, I can't hear you. It might be a mic problem." This made no sense because clearly it *could* hear me since it replied with
    that statement every time I said, "Hey Cortana"! I resolved it by holding down the power button on the Xbox One to cause a hard reset. When I turned the unit back on, Kinect could hear me and Cortana could finally answer me.
  5. JhonSnow777 Win User

Cortana don't hear "hey Cortana"

6. CryAboutItPansy Win User

Cortana hearing other players

I turned the volume down and tested, also flipped the mic to mute position and tested with me commanding and then friends. They don't even have to speak loudly. I'll be getting a different headset soon. Not really worried about turning it off for the time
    being. Just may be a overlook that may affect people using the 3.5mm port. I can't find anyone with the same problem.
Thema:

Cortana not hearing me

1. Cortana not hearing me - Similar Threads - Cortana hearing

2. Cortana bug

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cortana bug: Hello, with the recent updates to Xbox I have been noticing some bugs. One major bug is Cortana. I will be playing Destiny 2, Minecraft, or even Call of Duty bo4 and Cortana will activate out of...
  3. My cortana on my xbox one won't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My cortana on my xbox one won't work: It'll say,''sorry about that i didnt here anything.'' I have no clue what to do b0b4abae-b9f1-43f9-b665-0cd7e7aaadfc
  4. Cortana disabled for Spanish Spain on Xbox One S.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cortana disabled for Spanish Spain on Xbox One S.: Hi, I bought an Xbox One S last week… it already installed all updates and all. It's working fine, except for Cortana that is disabled. It should be working for Spanish in Spain… but it says...
  5. Take speech to the next level with Cortana

in XBoX on Consoles
    Take speech to the next level with Cortana: I’m having an issue where I am using my headset and mid-game a window interrupts saying “Take speech to the next level with Cortana.” Then gives me an option to select “yes” or “no thanks” I...
  6. Digital assistants and cortana

in XBoX on Windows
    Digital assistants and cortana: Hey guys can the xbox skill for cortana be enabled in the uk? Can google home be used to power on and control xbox via wake on lan ? f0034bec-2038-415b-95b5-0721829928ea
  7. Cortana don't hear "hey Cortana"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cortana don't hear "hey Cortana": I can use cortana, but a need go to the app, i use headphones and she can understand me but I can't access to cortana with "hey cortana" 628f4c0c-c8f3-4b5b-8b98-ef9e91a006d9
  8. Xbox One Cortana Says She Didn't Hear Anything, but she heard me say Hey Cortana

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Cortana Says She Didn't Hear Anything, but she heard me say Hey Cortana: Cortana on Xbox One has stopped working suddenly. I can still wake up the Xbox with Cortana, but once on, every time I say 'Hey Cortana', the Cortana box opens and immediately says "Sorry about...
  9. Cortana hears people in my party giving commands??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cortana hears people in my party giving commands??: Hi, I've started using the Cortana feature through my headset but she hears other people in my party also saying "Hey Cortana" on their end and tries to perform the same command on my end. How...
  10. Cortana hearing other players

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cortana hearing other players: Is anyone having trouble with Cortana hearing other players? I use a astro a50 headset through the 3.5mm jack in the bottom of my remote. I can mute my microphone and cortana still responds to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox cortana I cant hear you

2. sorry about that I didnt hear anything on my Xbox one

3. not hearing me

4. xbox kinect cortan a doesnt hear me,
  5. sorry about that i didnt hear anything xbox