Cox Communications: Cox is throttling Xbox Live and Twitch

Discus and support Cox Communications: Cox is throttling Xbox Live and Twitch in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Cox Communications (ISPs): Cox is throttling Xbox Live and Twitch what I'm paying for: 300 Mbps download 30 Mbps upload what I'm getting: 47 Mbps... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by PelicanZX, Nov 15, 2016.

1. PelicanZX
    PelicanZX Guest

Cox Communications (ISPs): Cox is throttling Xbox Live and Twitch
    what I'm paying for:

300 Mbps download

30 Mbps upload

what I'm getting:

47 Mbps download

1 Mbps upload

:)

PelicanZX, Nov 15, 2016
  2. Goodeye
    Goodeye Guest
    Goodeye, Nov 15, 2016
  3. Alpha.07
    Alpha.07 Guest
    Dedicated servers? Then why the lag and connection advantages?

I have Cox Communications for my internet and have had no issues online. Internet is the one thing they do right.

Alpha.07, Nov 15, 2016
  4. Frathos Win User

Warning to All Xbox gamers with Cox Communications Internet

I Googled cox internet throttling and Cox forum staff repeatedly posted that Cox doesn't throttle internet traffic. Cox however may be running a very oversubscribed and congested network given the very many negative posts about poor network throughput all
    over the USA where they have service.

Sadly if the ISP that you use has bad infrastructure that they aren't prepared to fix then there is nothing you can do but select a different provider if available. Maybe you and other tenants in your building should attempt to convince your landlord that
    a different internet provider is required given the substandard service that Cox appears to be providing.
  5. Goodeye Win User

Is Xbox LIVE down?

6. Desmond A.Chung Win User

DMZ

Admin & password seem to work for Cox communications
  7. Vald81 Win User

Is Xbox LIVE down?

just got off the phone with xbox live support. said this is an issue effecting some people. techs are looking into but there is no eta for when things will be working fully again. I also use cox. it might be a cox/xbox thing
  8. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

Slow Upload Speed for One s, One x

Are you on Cox cable? I've seen this complaint before specifically from Cox users.
Thema:

1. Cox Communications: Cox is throttling Xbox Live and Twitch - Similar Threads - Cox Communications Cox

2. Warning to All Xbox gamers with Cox Communications Internet

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Warning to All Xbox gamers with Cox Communications Internet: Warning to All Xbox gamers with Cox Communications Internet I Googled cox internet throttling and Cox forum staff repeatedly posted that Cox doesn't throttle internet traffic. Cox however may be...
  3. Cox Communications: Cant connect to wireless network

Cox Communications: Cant connect to wireless network: Cox Communications (ISPs): Cant connect to wireless network bro thank you so much man that helped a lot know i can play fortnite with my frinds f4ab9ada-32f1-4ab4-a410-9fa7af61174c
  4. Cox Communications: Xbox live connection issues

Cox Communications: Xbox live connection issues: Cox Communications (ISPs): Xbox live connection issues Hey there :) they are still working to fix everything properly ;) keep finger crossed... Bye ae979ba7-3a97-471a-baaa-5c2705254ce8
  5. Cox Communications: Can’t join specific friends because I have IPv6?

Cox Communications: Can’t join specific friends because I have IPv6?: Cox Communications (ISPs): Can’t join specific friends because I have IPv6? Check this link for a possible solution: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/nat-error-solution...
  6. Cox Communications: Custom Gamer Pic

Cox Communications: Custom Gamer Pic: Cox Communications (ISPs): Custom Gamer Pic suggest you review the guideline for gamer pics: https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/home/staysafe#topic13 Sorry, but no one here on the forums can...
  7. Cox Communications: HELP! 8015000A

Cox Communications: HELP! 8015000A: Cox Communications (ISPs): HELP! 8015000A Did you solved it? I got the same problem here. 3e61757a-b867-4a99-ba1f-2a8abb9eb0e0
  8. Cox Communications: Confussion

Cox Communications: Confussion: Cox Communications (ISPs): Confussion Got banned 2 one banned ended on 6/29/17 the other at 6/30/17 but I still can't communicate on xbox, I called xbox support they said i have a ban that doesn't...
  9. Cox Communications: NAT Type

Cox Communications: NAT Type: Cox Communications (ISPs): NAT Type For errors related to NAT type this troubleshooting may help: Xbox One NAT Error | NAT Type Help Anyway please remember that to solve NAT issues you may need...
  10. Cox Communications Las Vegas guide off by 3 hours

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cox Communications Las Vegas guide off by 3 hours: Hello, My issue is with the OneGuide on Xbox One. The channel numbers are correct, however the lineup for programming is 3 hours ahead of what it should be. I have confirmed my time zone is...