Creating new save files with a 360 game on the Xbox One

Discus and support Creating new save files with a 360 game on the Xbox One in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have Assassin's Creed 2 for the Xbox 360, and played it then. Now I have an Xbox One and when I play it, I can see my old save file. But when I start... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nathan Fajfar, Jul 5, 2022.

1. Creating new save files with a 360 game on the Xbox One

I have Assassin's Creed 2 for the Xbox 360, and played it then. Now I have an Xbox One and when I play it, I can see my old save file. But when I start a new game, it says there is an error in the cloud save and won't create a new save file. How does this work with backwards compatibility? I have redownloaded my profile. Initially I was playing on my new Microsoft account, but when I had the issues I switched over to my old profile linked to the Xbox360. This worked initially, and a save file was made when I exited out after about 5 min of gameplay. But then after I played about 40 minutes more, the game tried to autosave, said there was an error and deleted the save file. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Nathan Fajfar, Jul 5, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Nathan. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

When you start the game an choose to load a save file, can you see the save file from the Xbox 360? And are you able to load and play on it? Are you having issues only saving a new game to the cloud?

Also, are you using the same Xbox profile, right?

Waiting for your kind reply.
  3. Atjagape Win User

Xbox 360 game saves transferred to Xbox one??

BC games are run like Emulators, it runs in the 360 architecture, Game saves on 360 are not compatible with xbox one games, even cloud. Dragon Age was able to create a save system by transferring the 360 save to a website and then creating a file that would
    simulate the save, but you were still able to change portions of your save. Even this was not 100%. The only way to get the exact save, is to play in the same architecture. I suggest enjoying the new play through.
  4. Krisander 1998 Win User

Accidentally deleted borderlands 2 save file from backwards compatible borderlands 2

If you originally had the save file on your Xbox 360 and you transferred it over to your Xbox One via Save Cloud then you should still be able to go to your Xbox 360 and just take the save file off the Save Cloud and then put it back in to the Save Cloud
    so it appears on your Xbox One again, if you started to play the Backwards Comp. game with a new save file on the Xbox One then it should hopefully (not completely sure) but it should hopefully still have been copied over to your Xbox 360 Account on the Save
    Cloud and just take it off and put it back into the Save Cloud again. If its not there then I'm sorry, but there is then no possible way to recover your save file.
  5. in the bubble Win User

ncaa football 12 won't work

I can play it on a different save file and my other profile so it should be the save file, I will delete it and create a new one
  6. IceStorm III Win User

I can't move my Profiles saves either..

You must be logged in as the profile that created the save game file. The message you're getting is what happens when you are logged in as a profile other than the one that created the save game file.
Thema:

1. Creating new save files with a 360 game on the Xbox One - Similar Threads - Creating save files

2. How to change Xbox App back to default saving location.. Problem I created a folder C:\FM22...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to change Xbox App back to default saving location.. Problem I created a folder C:\FM22...: Am playing FM22, and wanted to mod it so moved game to new FM folder to remove fake names. Problem now, Pre-game Editor is not working as seem it try to find it in original location and same for...
  3. Removed account and signed back in but has made me create a new gamertag and lost all saved...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Removed account and signed back in but has made me create a new gamertag and lost all saved...: Hi guys I had an error message 0x804001a that prompted me to remove account and then log back in I did this and has now made a completely new gamertag and account. Please help as iv lost my fifa...
  4. Resident Evil 7 on Game Pass PC not allowing me to play due to not being able to create a save

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Resident Evil 7 on Game Pass PC not allowing me to play due to not being able to create a save: For some reason Resident Evil 7 on Game Pass for my PC will not let me play. I had no issue when first booting up the game and created a save. I got to the first save point in game and had no...
  5. Sunset Overdrive (Microsoft Store/Xbox Game Pass version) PC fails to create save/menu loop bug

in XBoX on Windows
    Sunset Overdrive (Microsoft Store/Xbox Game Pass version) PC fails to create save/menu loop bug: Trying to play Sunset Overdrive via Xbox Game Pass for PC has resulted in not being able to actually start the game. The menu loads and all, but regardless of what I do, as soon as I click "play",...
  6. Signing into Xbox account after creating a local save

in XBoX on Windows
    Signing into Xbox account after creating a local save: So I started Outer Worlds without signing into my Xbox account and then saved my game locally. But the next time I launched it I signed in and wasn't able to load my local save. Any way to just...
  7. Save the 3D file created by the 3d Builder to the onedrive.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Save the 3D file created by the 3d Builder to the onedrive.: Hello, I can not save a file that I process on xbox one X in 3D Builder to OneDrive. There is no error, but I will not write the file. It works the opposite way. I have my 3D printer and I want...
  8. Error message: Save file was corrupt. A new save file will be created for you

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error message: Save file was corrupt. A new save file will be created for you: Lately, I've been receiving the following error message during play with Klondike: "Save file was corrupt. A new save file will be created for you" . I get at least 1 per day. It doesn't seem to...
  9. How do i create a save file on xbox one for backwards compatibility 360 games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i create a save file on xbox one for backwards compatibility 360 games.: i bought these titles to play cos of backwards compatibility and have never had a 360 before. Can someone help me please dea48979-3d63-4cbf-8a9f-efd4db0d799d
  10. How do you create a save file for a backwards compatible game without using an existing save ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you create a save file for a backwards compatible game without using an existing save ...: I don't have access to save files for several backwards compatible games, Borderlands for instance, so I started an entirely new game. I saved it through the start menu seemingly without a...