Cross-Play for Minecraft on Windows 10

Discus and support Cross-Play for Minecraft on Windows 10 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, So I bought the Windows Version of Minecraft on my xbox, and I'm wondering if I buy it for my PC if I need to make a NEW gamertag to play with my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JPKCLLP, Oct 13, 2019.

1. JPKCLLP
    JPKCLLP Guest

Hi,

So I bought the Windows Version of Minecraft on my xbox, and I'm wondering if I buy it for my PC if I need to make a NEW gamertag to play with my xbox version at the same time, or if I can use my existing gamertag on both platforms simultaneously?? I'm asking
    because they are oddly two similar versions for 2 different platforms but still able to play together using cross-play.

:)

JPKCLLP, Oct 13, 2019
  2. EliteLicense212 Win User

Minecraft for xbox360 not in xbox one

minecraft for 360 is deslited, minecraft fot xbox one has cross play with nintendo switch, android and windows 10 pc
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 Edition on Xbox One?

Hi Spyroflame,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with this question. The Minecraft: Windows 10 edition is only playable on that platform and if you wish to play on Xbox One, then that would require the purchase of that edition of the game. There is a crossplay
    feature that will allow for cross platform play between the two as well. I'm including some handy article relating to this issue to help get you started:

Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition FAQ

Minecraft “Better Together” update

Cross play on Windows 10 and Xbox One

Minecraft Realms

I hope that this helps out!
  4. Smwutches Win User

Why can't I download Minecraft from the Microsoft Store? (I use a Surface Pro)

As long as it's listed as Minecraft for Windows 10, it's the cross-platform version.
  5. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 Edition on Xbox One?

Minecraft is not a play anywhere title. While you can cross play between windows 10 and xbox versions you need to buy the xbox version also
  6. KrisKarl Win User

I'm using the same gamertag on Minecraft that I use with my Xbox and my PC. I don't get to use my worlds though so I'm not sure if you can play on both at the same time. I know for a fact that using the same gamertag on Sea of Thieves that I can't play as
    myself on the Xbox at the same time as on the PC. It asks me which place I want to play and makes me log out of the other session.

So yes, you may need two gamertags, but if Minecraft needs gold then you'd need two gold subscriptions too.
Thema:

1. Cross-Play for Minecraft on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cross Play Minecraft

2. Minecraft can't play multiplayer cross platform

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft can't play multiplayer cross platform: We've always been able to play Minecraft with a tablet/ phone and the xbox one with no problems. Haven't played in a while and now it gives a message "You cannot play online because of how your...
  3. Cross play form PC to Xbox with my own account

in XBoX on Windows
    Cross play form PC to Xbox with my own account: My sister and I both use this account and I bought and play Minecraft Windows 10 and she bought Minecraft for Xbox one and plays on there. Is there any way we can play together even though we are...
  4. Cross play wont work unless I'm invited to game by another xbox player

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cross play wont work unless I'm invited to game by another xbox player: Cross play wont work for me on fortnite need help 15208e15-5bae-4e47-bcba-1a48d6a01d3f
  5. Xbox one and PC Minecraft cross play

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one and PC Minecraft cross play: Trying to play Minecraft with my daughter and unable to get cross play to work in either direction. I cant connect to her world and she can't connect to mine. I purchased a separate copy of the...
  6. Minecraft cross play

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft cross play: I have Minecraft on Xbox One and was wondering if I can download it for free with the same Microsoft account for my pc (windows 10 edition) 052fe394-337e-422c-9de3-3c18b8e45964
  7. Minecraft cross-play “unable to join”

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft cross-play “unable to join”: I’ve been trying to play minecraft (I’m on Xbox one) with my friend who’s on windows ten edition. But every time I try to join him, or vice versa we get a message saying “Unable to connect to...
  8. Unable to connect to world-Minecraft Cross play PC-Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to world-Minecraft Cross play PC-Xbox One: I was playing on my pc and was in my friends world when I was over his house and he was on xbox one. I Leave his house and im currently at mine and It Keeps telling me Unable to connect to world....
  9. Problem w/ Cross-Platform Minecraft Play—Realms: Better Together Update on Android & ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem w/ Cross-Platform Minecraft Play—Realms: Better Together Update on Android & ...: I am having problems connecting to Minecraft Realms with my Nintendo Switch (the Better Together edition). For several hours, my sister (Switch user), best friend (Android tablet user) and I...
  10. Minecraft Cross-Play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Cross-Play?: Hey, so I am on PC, using Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. I have the creators update for Windows 10. I want to play Minecraft with my pals on Xbox. I can't seem to find any invites on the Xbox App...