Cross-Play for Minecraft on Windows 10

Discus and support Cross-Play for Minecraft on Windows 10 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, So I bought the Windows Version of Minecraft on my xbox, and I'm wondering if I buy it for my PC if I need to make a NEW gamertag to play with my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JPKCLLP, Oct 13, 2019.

1. JPKCLLP
    JPKCLLP Guest

Hi,

So I bought the Windows Version of Minecraft on my xbox, and I'm wondering if I buy it for my PC if I need to make a NEW gamertag to play with my xbox version at the same time, or if I can use my existing gamertag on both platforms simultaneously?? I'm asking
    because they are oddly two similar versions for 2 different platforms but still able to play together using cross-play.

:)

JPKCLLP, Oct 13, 2019
  2. blueamcat Win User

Duda de minecraft de microsoft

Minecraft Java edition is not cross-play enabled. You would need Minecraft for Windows 10 to play with friends on other platforms.
  3. EliteLicense212 Win User

Minecraft for xbox360 not in xbox one

minecraft for 360 is deslited, minecraft fot xbox one has cross play with nintendo switch, android and windows 10 pc
  4. Boom B00M Boom Win User

Minecraft dungeons - Use the same character on Xbox one as PC

Completely understand why you would not want to create a new character, but unfortunately the two different platforms do not transfer across one another. Minecraft needs to set up a "cross save" feature to accomplish this.

How to Cross-play Minecraft on Windows 10, PS4, Xbox, Nintendo Switch

https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/cross-play-minecraft/

Two years old, but helpful:

Minecraft Better Together: No cross save?
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 Edition on Xbox One?

Hi Spyroflame,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with this question. The Minecraft: Windows 10 edition is only playable on that platform and if you wish to play on Xbox One, then that would require the purchase of that edition of the game. There is a crossplay
    feature that will allow for cross platform play between the two as well. I'm including some handy article relating to this issue to help get you started:

Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition FAQ

Minecraft “Better Together” update

Cross play on Windows 10 and Xbox One

Minecraft Realms

I hope that this helps out!
  6. Smwutches Win User

Why can't I download Minecraft from the Microsoft Store? (I use a Surface Pro)

As long as it's listed as Minecraft for Windows 10, it's the cross-platform version.
Thema:

1. Cross-Play for Minecraft on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cross Play Minecraft

2. MINECRAFT CROSS PLAY NOT WORKING

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MINECRAFT CROSS PLAY NOT WORKING: Basically I was waiting all day to play with my cousin on Xbox with him on ps4. He friended me on Minecraft. When he went into a world he invited me but no invites on my screen. I invited him and...
  3. Minecraft Bedrock Edition Stuck on Locating Server when joining cross play, on any platform.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock Edition Stuck on Locating Server when joining cross play, on any platform.: This is ridiculous, ever since Minecraft on the PS4 was updated to Bedrock I have had numerous problems with it. Firstly, I now can't even join my friend on XBOX as it just gets stuck on locating...
  4. Cant find cross play privacy setting so i cant play minecraft with friends.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant find cross play privacy setting so i cant play minecraft with friends.: Im trying to play minecraft with my friends and they are both on xbox but im on PS4 and it isnt working because it is saying "You cannot add friends because of how your Microsoft Account is set...
  5. PS4 Minecraft Cross-Play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PS4 Minecraft Cross-Play: I have tried signing into my microsoft account on my PS4 to play Minecraft with a friend of mine who owns an Xbox, yet every time i try to log in an error message reads “Failed to Login: We tried...
  6. Minecraft Bedrock Cross-Play Permission PS4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock Cross-Play Permission PS4: When I try to add cross-platform friends, it says "You cannot play online multiplayer due to the way your Microsoft account is set up. Review and change privacy settings at aka.ms/accountsettings"...
  7. I can't play cross platform in win10 edition Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play cross platform in win10 edition Minecraft: So i installed minecraft for play with my friends in my computer, i tried to enter into a world of my friend but it says, it is out date and the version to play wa 1.14.60 but my win10 edition is...
  8. Allowing cross-platform play onn Minecraft on PS4 through Microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Allowing cross-platform play onn Minecraft on PS4 through Microsoft account: My son wants to play Minecraft online cross-platform with his friends. My son has got a PS4, and we linked to his Microsoft account. However he receives an error message that his account settings...
  9. Minecraft cross platform playing issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft cross platform playing issues: I have minecraft on my phone, it's version bedrock 1.14. My friend has it on His laptop, windows 10 edition 1.15. Why can't we play cross-platform? Every time it says that the client is outdated....
  10. Minecraft Cross-Play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Cross-Play: I have minecraft already installed in my xbox one with my microsoft account signed in, but i do not have the option for crossplay. When i check my friends list, the only option to click is Join...