Culprit for Failed Xbox One Update?

Discus and support Culprit for Failed Xbox One Update? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am considering getting an xbox one x, looking at ebay listings, saw one for a somewhat low bid price, but see that the one problem the reseller... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MuniOnp, Jul 1, 2020 at 12:02 AM.

1. MuniOnp
    MuniOnp Guest

I am considering getting an xbox one x, looking at ebay listings, saw one for a somewhat low bid price, but see that the one problem the reseller lists, is any attempt to update it (either using online wifi/ethernet connection, or the usb offline method)
    always stops at 73% updated. Now I asked him if he did all possible steps to try and fix it, power cycled it longer than a few minutes, soft/factory reset, the works, and he says he did and it did nothing to fix the "stuck at 73% update" issue. It got me to
    thinking about maybe a portion of its internal hardware is failing

I am asking this question over at tenforums, waiting for a reply, but I ask everyone here, the normal users, the ones with basic to advanced hardware knowledge, and official microsoft/xbox staff that can respond (hopefully without a pre-gen bot message.
    im sorry, but I hate seeing those types of messages). I know the xbox one console (either base Xbone, Xbox One S/Xbone S special editions, and the Xbox One X) use an internal hard drive which storage tier caps at 1 to 2 TB (I think); could the culprit for
    a failed update that utterly refuses to happen be its internal hard drive suffering a potentially fatal error, needing it to be sent to whatever repair department there is by microsoft standards, or could it not be hard drive related?

The Reseller in question assured me the internet wifi/ethernet of the xbox one in question functions perfectly, no damages to any of said portions in any visible way that doesnt void its warranty seal

:)

1 person likes this.
  2. MuniOnp Win User

look, at any point, I would consider getting a used xbox one x from a retailer like gamestop, but to the best of my knowledge, while some are re-opening if I'm right (probably not, im usually wrong more than im right), because of this whole COVID-19, I think
    the one closest to where I live is still closed, so doing that is impossible in person. And I can only use the trade-in value for my special edition xbox one s Gears of War edition (2 TB) in person, which this COVID-19 thing is preventing because store closures
    and all that

so for now, the only method of getting an abox one x console for lower than any sort of $300 range, is ebay, I don't trust any of those TV featured reseller websites (mercari, wish, etc...)other than ebay
  3. SammieChaos Win User

Its possible that the xbox console is part of the Insider Program. I know sometimes the Insider Program can cause updates to fail.

Maybe try factory reseting the console. Or removing the console from the insider program.

It could also be something internally if nothing is working to fix the issue.

Honestly if youre going to buy a used console I’d suggest buying from an actual retailor, not ebay.

I got my Xbox One X from gamestop for a decent price and if anything turns out to be wrong with it they will take it back and replace it.
  4. Mercador Win User

Issue with Games with gold

What is strange is that every device in my 3-stories home works flawlessly, 4/4 bars. But the Xbox is at the same level of the router and got barely 2 bars on 4. That's why I think the Xbox is the culprit in that case.

Might the antenna failed?
  5. BluSwirl Win User

Worst console of all time

Instead of raging at the machine, I'd suggest you try checking your power outlets to see whether supply has been interrupted and/or checking the house for RATS - in case one has chewed through your cabling. That's the more likely culprit as no vendor sells
    a marketable product that has been BUILT TO FAIL.
  6. Stewbydoo69 Win User

Enforcements. Are they the culprit or a victim?

I have checked on the enforcement site but I could not submit a case review.

It also gives no details of times or dates as to when the incident happened.

From what I can gather, it is from what was spoken and this is nothing that can be investigated unless all chat is recorded.
Thema:

1. Culprit for Failed Xbox One Update? - Similar Threads - Culprit Failed Update

2. Bricked Xbox One S - Fails to do Offline System Update and Full Factory Reset

in XboX Insiders
    Bricked Xbox One S - Fails to do Offline System Update and Full Factory Reset: My Xbox One S on startup gives me the E106 error, I tried doing the Offline System Update (OSU1), but then it would fail on Step 2 (verification) on 57%. Full factory reset also fails it doesn't...
  3. The Outer Worlds failing to install

in XBoX on Windows
    The Outer Worlds failing to install: I'm having trouble installing The Outer Worlds. I've tried uninstalling, and then reinstalling the game and it still fails with the same error message. The suggested fixes of waiting for a while...
  4. Age of empires III Initialization Failed

in XBoX on Windows
    Age of empires III Initialization Failed: Hello, i cant open Age of empires III complete collection from Steam. I search a lot on google and youtube but nothing helps. [img] already tried: - MSXML 4.0 - Legacy Dependencies....
  5. Falha na atualização [Update failed]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Falha na atualização [Update failed]: Estou com o mesmo problema apenas no código de status , o meu é 4451 - 4497 - 1481 - 0300 - C800 - 0036. Ai o console não atualiza e não consigo acessar a Internet pelo Xbox 360. Como resolvo ??...
  6. My xbox or my controls fail

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox or my controls fail: A little while ago my contos went off by themselves, when I was in the middle of the game they would go off but they learned again but it happens to me a lot and I just saw that when I get closer...
  7. Enforcements. Are they the culprit or a victim?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Enforcements. Are they the culprit or a victim?: When doing enforcements, you take the word of the person doing the reporting. What else is looked into? For family accounts, why not ask the parents regarding suspensions, enforcements. The...
  8. Killing team mates - don't always blame the culprit

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Killing team mates - don't always blame the culprit: Friendly kills always happen - a mate can run in front of you, air attacks are not always precision BUT what has really made me angry is that I get kicked from the game when walker tanks I use...
  9. [Xbox360] Ghosts clan ... Culprit Recruiting now

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [Xbox360] Ghosts clan ... Culprit Recruiting now: (Culprit) Whats up everybody this is talking. Culprits is now recruiting, we are looking to expand our selective Roster. IF YOU WANT IN NOW'S YOUR CHANCE. Requirements KD: 1.5 + BUT...
  10. "Instant on" is the culprit

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Instant on" is the culprit: Turn off the "instant on" in your power settings. Change it to "energy saving" mode, then shut down the system. Unplug/replug the power connection if you fancy it, then restart the system....