Currently playing from 315 miles away (240 straight miles) any way to boost my latency?

Discus and support Currently playing from 315 miles away (240 straight miles) any way to boost my latency? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/Luciferscoffin [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Luciferscoffin, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Currently playing from 315 miles away (240 straight miles) any way to boost my latency?

/u/Luciferscoffin, Nov 28, 2019
  2. a tired old guy Win User

Dying

[quote user="THA 1 BEHIND YA"]

^^There is no fix for lag...................................... Why should my "skill"be negated because I have a better connection?

[/quote]

Good point.

It shouldnt be ............... and my "skill" shouldnt be negated because I'm hundreds of miles from the host , and you are 6 feet from him ( you being host) ?

Thats the whole point of compensating players.

Even if you have a 50/30 connection, If you wee 1000 miles away from the host and the rest of the players who have crappy connections are within a hundred miles or so of the host , You would have a disadvantage without any compensation. Would that be
    ok?

Thats something people dont seem to get. No matter what your plan is with your provider, its limited by something else ............. the laws of physics.

Information can only travel so fast. The only one you can really blame for that is God.

Somebody having a 15 ms ping during a pingtest really doesnt mean squat ........ especially when that 15 ms is to a server 50 miles away and you are playing people 5000 miles away.

If you are playing someone half way around the earth, human technology and the laws of physics limits your ping to about 134 ms ........

Do the math.

Speed of light = 186000 miles per second.

That means 1 ms for every 186 miles ........... or 1 ms ping for every 93 miles.

The best ping possible:

93 miles = 1 ms

930 miles = 10 ms

9300 miles = 100 ms

Half way aroung the earth is 12500 miles.
  3. Rub Ma Rod Win User

Rate it 1-10

Multiplayer 1/10. My ping is killig me can be as low as 5ms 50 miles away, just ran a test to hamburg 450 miles away ping 35ms.
  4. Praetorian VIII Win User

RPG/SMAW

Just use a Javelin and lock on from miles away...
  5. SpeckledEagle Win User

Love to occupy A on Caspian Border with a nice heavy tank

An Eagle can spot a mouse from over ten miles away.
  6. King Po Win User

Party Chat - Have no issues except when I try to connect to 1 specific friend. PLEASE HELP!!

No, we live about 20 miles away from each other.
Thema:

Currently playing from 315 miles away (240 straight miles) any way to boost my latency?

1. Currently playing from 315 miles away (240 straight miles) any way to boost my latency? - Similar Threads - Currently playing 315

2. Xbox Gamebar Status Not showing Game Currently Playing

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Gamebar Status Not showing Game Currently Playing: How come some games that I play on Steam show my Status in the Xbox Game Bar "Currently Playing Soul Calibur 6 PC" but other games it just shows me as "Online". It doesn't show when I am playing...
  3. current profile is not allowed to play on xbox live

in XBoX Accessibility
    current profile is not allowed to play on xbox live: Just added a 3 month card..... now i'm still getting this.... current profile is not allowed to play on xbox live e019a959-6923-4765-9995-a6d1e0c176c9
  4. Minecraft- Cannot join world the account you are signed in to is currently playing in this...

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft- Cannot join world the account you are signed in to is currently playing in this...: Trying to play Minecraft LAN with my girlfriend. She was playing on the Switch. We signed out of that, then signed into it on the PC. Was working fine, but we attempted to sign back in on the...
  5. I am currently playing through the game pass on PC and want to buy on steam

in XBoX on Windows
    I am currently playing through the game pass on PC and want to buy on steam: Hey guys! When my 2 months of game pass finishes (there is a deal for 2 months for £2) is there a way for me at all to transfer my progress across to the steam account when I eventually buy it...
  6. Fortnite Cross-Platform play currently disabled

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite Cross-Platform play currently disabled: My son is unable to play Fortnite on his account due to this message "Cross-platform Play Currently Disabled" I have gone through the steps to confirm it is not disabled but it still does not...
  7. ERROR. the current profile is not allowed to play on Xbox live.......how do I get rid of...

in XBoX Accessibility
    ERROR. the current profile is not allowed to play on Xbox live.......how do I get rid of...: ERROR. the current profile is not allowed to play on Xbox live.......how do I get rid of this it's first time it has showed up 26e7d440-ee75-44ae-b1d0-614eb09da559
  8. Unable to join the world, your registered account is currently playing games in this world...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to join the world, your registered account is currently playing games in this world...: [img] 我并没有任何设备接入minecraft,但是就一直上不去。显示这 。 之前是觉得服务器有点卡就下线了,然后就再也上不去了。 如果有人能回答我,非常感谢。 Why I‘m not online,but it says: Unable to join the world, your registered account is currently playing...
  9. Current profile not allowed to play Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Current profile not allowed to play Xbox?: I have a current xbox live subscription but when I go to play multiplayer on call of duty it says the the current profile is not allowed to play xbox live? Why is this happening and how do I fix...
  10. I have notice on screen saying the current profile is not allowed to play Xbox live what does ...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have notice on screen saying the current profile is not allowed to play Xbox live what does ...: I have notice on screen saying the current profile is not allowed to play Xbox live what does this mean? df7ed8fc-98fb-499e-ad9f-770babecc5b7