Currently playing from 315 miles away (240 straight miles) any way to boost my latency?

Discus and support Currently playing from 315 miles away (240 straight miles) any way to boost my latency? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/Luciferscoffin [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Luciferscoffin, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Currently playing from 315 miles away (240 straight miles) any way to boost my latency?

/u/Luciferscoffin, Nov 28, 2019
  2. a tired old guy Win User

Dying

[quote user="THA 1 BEHIND YA"]

^^There is no fix for lag...................................... Why should my "skill"be negated because I have a better connection?

[/quote]

Good point.

It shouldnt be ............... and my "skill" shouldnt be negated because I'm hundreds of miles from the host , and you are 6 feet from him ( you being host) ?

Thats the whole point of compensating players.

Even if you have a 50/30 connection, If you wee 1000 miles away from the host and the rest of the players who have crappy connections are within a hundred miles or so of the host , You would have a disadvantage without any compensation. Would that be
    ok?

Thats something people dont seem to get. No matter what your plan is with your provider, its limited by something else ............. the laws of physics.

Information can only travel so fast. The only one you can really blame for that is God.

Somebody having a 15 ms ping during a pingtest really doesnt mean squat ........ especially when that 15 ms is to a server 50 miles away and you are playing people 5000 miles away.

If you are playing someone half way around the earth, human technology and the laws of physics limits your ping to about 134 ms ........

Do the math.

Speed of light = 186000 miles per second.

That means 1 ms for every 186 miles ........... or 1 ms ping for every 93 miles.

The best ping possible:

93 miles = 1 ms

930 miles = 10 ms

9300 miles = 100 ms

Half way aroung the earth is 12500 miles.
  3. Rub Ma Rod Win User

Rate it 1-10

Multiplayer 1/10. My ping is killig me can be as low as 5ms 50 miles away, just ran a test to hamburg 450 miles away ping 35ms.
  4. Praetorian VIII Win User

RPG/SMAW

Just use a Javelin and lock on from miles away...
  5. Ambassador Kingz Win User

What games did you guys grow up playing and what did you enjoy about them

I grew up playing Super Mario Bros on the SNES, it was just a great way to be entertained while living out in the middle of nowhere. Seriously, my nearest neighbor was a mile away.
  6. SpeckledEagle Win User

Love to occupy A on Caspian Border with a nice heavy tank

An Eagle can spot a mouse from over ten miles away.
Thema:

Currently playing from 315 miles away (240 straight miles) any way to boost my latency?

1. Currently playing from 315 miles away (240 straight miles) any way to boost my latency? - Similar Threads - Currently playing 315

2. Son can't play Levelhead due to ""the current users privacy settings for user generated...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Son can't play Levelhead due to ""the current users privacy settings for user generated...: We have an Xbox gamepass, and are set up for parental controls through a parent account online. We do not have an Xbox, they play games on their PCs. When trying to play Levelhead my son gets the...
  3. Minecraft Windows 10 "Cannot join world, currently playing on another device" error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10 "Cannot join world, currently playing on another device" error: When I try to log into a server on minecraft windows 10 edition, I get the following message: "Cannot join world. The account you are signed in to is currently playing in this world on a different...
  4. Yesterday Playing xCloud on Android, Today “Project xCloud is not currently available in...

in XBoX on Mobile
    Yesterday Playing xCloud on Android, Today “Project xCloud is not currently available in...: I have been playing on this for over 3 months because I am currently stuck overseas (South Korea) due to COVID-19. I don’t have my Xbox with me so I filled in my time with this. Been playing last...
  5. “The current profile is not allow to play on Xbox Live”

in XBoX Games and Apps
    “The current profile is not allow to play on Xbox Live”: I have been playing Call of duty since March 2020. Today I when i tried to play I kept getting the message “The current profile is not allow to play on Xbox Live” Also a ad will popup asking me to...
  6. For some time I was playing with pirated games, but currently I'd like to purchase those...

in XBoX on Windows
    For some time I was playing with pirated games, but currently I'd like to purchase those...: So yeah, I pirated some games (I know it's bad, sorry) but now I'm thinking of buying them. So can my xbox account get permanently banned after buying them? I'm just wondering, because I saw that...
  7. The current profile is not allowed to play on xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The current profile is not allowed to play on xbox live: On my main xbox acc whenever I go to play cod mw (along with my other games) this message pops up. I recently just bought a 3 month xbox live membership so I know thats not the issue, I looked at...
  8. Xbox Game Bar not showing current playing game on status

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar not showing current playing game on status: So, I really love Xbox Game Bar and I'm using it since the beggining, but I have some problems that I cannot find how to fix them. When I play some games, the Status on the XGB it just stays as...
  9. This current profile is not allowed to play on Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    This current profile is not allowed to play on Xbox Live: I have tried all troubleshooting steps available online. I have even tried creating a different account and using that account but in vain.. Hhhhhhheeeeeeeeellllllppppppp!...
  10. Xbox Gamebar Status Not showing Game Currently Playing

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Gamebar Status Not showing Game Currently Playing: How come some games that I play on Steam show my Status in the Xbox Game Bar "Currently Playing Soul Calibur 6 PC" but other games it just shows me as "Online". It doesn't show when I am playing...