Custom color settings in Xbox One - like DVD players have?

Discus and support Custom color settings in Xbox One - like DVD players have? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Wondering whether there is a general setting in Xbox One for brightness, contrast, gamma etc. I never got Xbox 360 to look right, and won't put... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BookishFlunky90, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Custom color settings in Xbox One - like DVD players have?

Hi

Wondering whether there is a general setting in Xbox One for brightness, contrast, gamma etc.

I never got Xbox 360 to look right, and won't put money again if this is not available.

Always too dark for some games, or I have to look at TV with an overbright display.

Thanks.

:)

BookishFlunky90, Aug 19, 2014
  2. Did Xbox One get proper Color Space settings like Brightness and contrast etc?

Never could get Xbox 360 look fully to satisfaction.

The DVB-T box of TV-set really is what I set everything on TV - and expect to adjust Xbox settings to how display is set.

So I wanted the usuall custom settings that even simple DVD players have - brightness, contrast, color saturation, gamma and some have sharpness stuff.

This is vital for me to select Xbox One.

Thanks for any input on this.

BookishFlunky90, Aug 19, 2014
  3. PB7
    PB7 Guest
    Change tile or block colors on Xbox One Dashboard

To change the tile color on your Xbox One you'll want to go to settings and from their click on the about me tab on the left. Once in, you can find the color settings under choose color. You can also do other things in here to customize your Xbox One to your profile.

4. Falkon(2)
    Falkon(2) Guest

Features like that would be found on the display side of things. Few if any modern players still have those adjustments available. DVD players are quite old at this point..

Falkon(2), Aug 22, 2014
  5. Zacabeb
    Zacabeb Guest
    So long as the Xbox One outputs what it's supposed to, there shouldn't need to be any adjustments except for in-game gamma control. The Xbox 360 has a pair of unique problems; the first is that it uses a rudimentary conversion from gamma-encoded to linear
    space and back in buffering, leading to improper display of shadows unless the developers correct for it manually. The second is that the output from the Xbox 360 doesn't always match its settings due to a clusterfudge of bugs.

With the Xbox One, they've probably done their homework - for now - so aside its own strange issues with picture and sound, the problems from the Xbox 360 should be gone.

Zacabeb, Aug 22, 2014
  6. Ok, thanks guys.

I still would have liked the customization thingy - but if it works, for everybody, good.

It's not about whether DVD is old or not, it's about multiple external video equipment to fit the same device.

But allowing customizing maybe steal some performace, I don't know.

BookishFlunky90, Oct 31, 2018
  7. BookishFlunky90 Win User

Ok, thanks guys.

I still would have liked the customization thingy - but if it works, for everybody, good.

It's not about whether DVD is old or not, it's about multiple external video equipment to fit the same device.

But allowing customizing maybe steal some performace, I don't know.
  8. Falkon(2) Win User

Features like that would be found on the display side of things. Few if any modern players still have those adjustments available. DVD players are quite old at this point..
  9. Zacabeb Win User

So long as the Xbox One outputs what it's supposed to, there shouldn't need to be any adjustments except for in-game gamma control. The Xbox 360 has a pair of unique problems; the first is that it uses a rudimentary conversion from gamma-encoded to linear
    space and back in buffering, leading to improper display of shadows unless the developers correct for it manually. The second is that the output from the Xbox 360 doesn't always match its settings due to a clusterfudge of bugs.

With the Xbox One, they've probably done their homework - for now - so aside its own strange issues with picture and sound, the problems from the Xbox 360 should be gone.
  10. Bear Grylls 619 Win User

Calibrating a plasma tv

Ihave a calibration dvd that ive been using to try and make the picture better. But nielo, are you saying that the best starting point would be cinema and warm? The only thing i cant seem to get over is the absolute dulness of the color on cinema mode. Even
    if i turn the color all the way up it still doesn't look like the color that the other picture settings on my tv provide. Vivid, Standard, game mode and custom all look colorful but cinema always looks different, could there be a problem with my tv?
  11. BookishFlunky90 Win User

Xbox One - and colorspace settings - custom or as 360?

Thanks.

Have you been working on Teracom or something?

A built in test pattern generator in xbox graphics engine would really be helpful. Developers could calbirate towards that - and us gamers as well. No browser or anything in between. It's there for both parties - producer and user.

Then the custom controls for brightness, contrast, gamma and color saturation, and I think there were a sharpness in my DVD player as well.

If meeting S:t Claus in person ability to possibly save a setting for every game - and nobody would ever have to be disappointed. At least one each for the different color formats. Mandatory from within each game - wow that would be something.

How far from christmas are we when released - not so far?

One can always wish....
Thema:

1. Custom color settings in Xbox One - like DVD players have? - Similar Threads - Custom color settings

2. Custom Texture Pack on Realms

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Custom Texture Pack on Realms: I have a custom texture pack that works on my offline worlds but when I try to use it on realms, it does not work. The realm is my own and I have no active packs on my realm. The pack is built...
  3. How do I allow a Child Xbox Account to Upload Custom Gamerpics?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I allow a Child Xbox Account to Upload Custom Gamerpics?: Hello, Recently I’ve connected with Xbox help for a different issue and because of how our family works, we don’t have our Microsoft accounts connected via family. I was told to make another...
  4. Series X repair and terrible customer service experience.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X repair and terrible customer service experience.: My series x has a graphics card issue, sent it back to Germany ( from ireland ) and it took 9 days in total ( great turn around ) but they sent back the same console with the exact same issue...
  5. Now that we have custom colors can we try this?

in XboX Insiders
    Now that we have custom colors can we try this?: Now that the elite series 2 controller has custom colors for the xbox nexus button wonder if the xbox console light it self can have custom colors or fading colors for the people who like rgb or...
  6. Controller Colors: Please Do custom colors please!!!!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller Colors: Please Do custom colors please!!!!!: I was looking at the xbox design lab for xbox one controllers and I want to get a controller that is my school color but it's not there and the closest ones are way way to dark or way way to...
  7. Unable to customize emblem color

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to customize emblem color: My original emblem colors were removed. I no longer have the option to change the colors. I can change my spartan color but just not my emblem. I have a blank area where there are no options to...
  8. Will the Xbox Design Lab add custom LED colors anytime soon?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the Xbox Design Lab add custom LED colors anytime soon?: I was just designing my own controller on the Microsoft site and I noticed that I couldn't change the color of the LED or the Xbox home button color. I already own a controller so I could just mod...
  9. Will the Xbox Design Lab add custom LED colors anytime soon?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the Xbox Design Lab add custom LED colors anytime soon?: I was just designing my own controller on the Microsoft site and I noticed that I couldn't change the color of the LED or the Xbox home button color. I already own a controller so I could just mod...
  10. Custom Controllers: Don't restrict the Thumb sticks colors! ALL D-Pad colors for thumbs!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Custom Controllers: Don't restrict the Thumb sticks colors! ALL D-Pad colors for thumbs!: Idea on Xbox Feedback: Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice So at the Xbox Design Lab we can now customize controllers. When I was customizing, I saw that the thumb sticks only have 8 color options,...