Custom controller sent in for repairs TWICE, looking for advice on how to get refund at...

Discus and support Custom controller sent in for repairs TWICE, looking for advice on how to get refund at... in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I'll try to keep this short and sweet. Bought a 'custom' controller for my husband for Christmas - literally the only thing I did was add his gamertag... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by NightHuntress86, May 2, 2019.

1. Custom controller sent in for repairs TWICE, looking for advice on how to get refund at...

I'll try to keep this short and sweet.

Bought a 'custom' controller for my husband for Christmas - literally the only thing I did was add his gamertag engraved onto the front.

Got the controller, within a day starts making squeaking noises. We send it back.

Comes back after the first repair, still making squeaking noises. At this point we're thinking it's the casing that's faulty, and we send it in again, with a note specifically to check the casing, and it comes back and is making the same squeaking noise.

Microsoft is playing hardball with us telling us there's no refund option for the controller and telling us to send it in again. We've tried explaining that sending it in will not solve the problem, as it's the custom engraved front casing piece that is
    faulty, and we know that they won't replace THAT piece since it's the one piece that is custom.

I am just looking for some advice on how to cut through the red tape to get a satisfactory result, either a new controller with a new front piece that doesn't squeak, or a refund so we can get a new controller that doesn't squeak.

I appreciate anyone's advice/feedback about this.

:)

NightHuntress86, May 2, 2019
  2. SammieChaos Win User

Custom controller sent in for repairs TWICE, looking for advice on how to get refund at this point

Who did you buy the controller from originally? You may want to try and contact them since it's a customized controller, and you are having issues with the repair services.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Custom controller sent in for repairs TWICE, looking for advice on how to get refund at this point

You would have to try contacting Microsoft Store support since it's a design lab controller, however because of how long ago it
    was purchased and since it's a custom controller, they may not be able to issue a refund.
  4. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello Huntress!

Thank you for replying back! I understand that this is a frustrating situation to be in but, I'll be happy to help you with it. Whenever you send in your Design Lab Controller, the repair center is not repairing the controller, they are replacing the
    entire controller for you. That's one of the reason's why when you create a replacement order, either through the website or when you contact support, they ask for the set of numbers in the back of the controller. It's to get the specifics of how the controller
    was designed. As the Ambassador has previously stated, sicne the controller is outside of the refund period it will be difficult to request a refund for the controller. However, I would recommend

Contacting Support
    or going to the
    Devices Website
    to create a replacement order to get your controller replaced while it's still under the 120 day warranty that Design Lab Controller's have.

If you have any further questions, please, do not hesitate to reply back. Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums!
  5. NightHuntress86 Win User

I appreciate your response but unfortunately I've tried contacting support and they keep telling me to send it in for repair again, but repairing isn't fixing the problem, and now yes, since I've returned it twice for repair, I'm past the 30 day purchase
    point for an 'appropriate' refund, but at the same time, how many times are they expecting me to return the controller for the same issue over and over? I guess I was looking for someone who might have an inside track to actually get me to someone who can
    help. I've spend numerous hours on the phone trying to find a reasonable solution but from a customer standpoint honestly I feel [Mod Removed - Profanity] over.
  6. Krazy Crayon Win User

Xbox One Controller Wobble.

I haven't tried to get a replacement directly from Microsoft. This is due wal mart not wanting to refund my money, but I sent my day one controller out to get repaired and im waiting for it to come back.
Thema:

Custom controller sent in for repairs TWICE, looking for advice on how to get refund at...

1. Custom controller sent in for repairs TWICE, looking for advice on how to get refund at... - Similar Threads - Custom controller sent

2. Design Lab - Xbox Custom Controllers

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Design Lab - Xbox Custom Controllers: I want to design my own controller but, the Design Lab doesn't offer the "rubberized diamond grip for enhanced comfort"; will Microsoft ever offer this option? 6be4bbb1-ba28-45da-b134-e1dd6235b821
  3. Is there international shipping for custom design Xbox controller?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Is there international shipping for custom design Xbox controller?: Hi there, Is it possible to ship personalized Xbox controllers from Xbox Design Lab to an international location? I like to get this as a gift for someone. If yes, is shipping free? Thanks,...
  4. Controller Issues simple fix (thanks to Juicebox customer support)

in XBoX on Windows
    Controller Issues simple fix (thanks to Juicebox customer support): I was having an issue with Guacamelee 2 on Xbox Game Pass for PC BETA. It was incorrectly registering the B button as a jump command on my OEM wired Xbox 360 controller. I contacted Juicebox...
  5. Broken custom Xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken custom Xbox controller: My son wanted a new custom controller. The neighbors worked him for hours moving lumber but he earned enough to purchase the custom controller. He designed it, paid for it, and in in a few weeks...
  6. Desin Lab controller issue, store customer service was no help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Desin Lab controller issue, store customer service was no help: So here's the deal, a few weeks ago I ordered a controller from the Design Lab. Black Abyss body, Midnight Blue triggers, bumpers, d-pad, and thumb sticks. Before ordering I made sure to view my...
  7. Customer Journey - Transparency - Parental control

in XBoX on Consoles
    Customer Journey - Transparency - Parental control: Dear Xbox, After spending days and days together with my kid and my wife to figure out how to purchase and install an simple extension, we finally were able to instal it. The journey was so...
  8. Design Lab custom controller

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Design Lab custom controller: I have been trying to talk with someone about designing a custom controller for a friend and coworker that just retired. I would really like to get it in the company colors and a couple of our...
  9. Xbox Custom Controller Debacle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Custom Controller Debacle: I ordered an Xbox custom controller on February 1st. The first thing that went wrong was my card was charged immediately even though the site said that it would only be charged when it shipped....
  10. Custom controller colour

in XBoX on Consoles
    Custom controller colour: I purchased a custom controller 6 months ago & within the last week or so the colour on the left side has started to fade ( (like bleach has been on it) I can't seem to find a way to...