Custom Controllers: Don't restrict the Thumb sticks colors! ALL D-Pad colors for thumbs!

Discus and support Custom Controllers: Don't restrict the Thumb sticks colors! ALL D-Pad colors for thumbs! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Idea on Xbox Feedback: Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice So at the Xbox Design Lab we can now customize controllers. When I was customizing, I saw... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Burbanana, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Burbanana
    Burbanana Guest

Custom Controllers: Don't restrict the Thumb sticks colors! ALL D-Pad colors for thumbs!

Idea on Xbox Feedback: Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice

So at the Xbox Design Lab we can now customize controllers.

When I was customizing, I saw that the thumb sticks only have 8 color options, whereas the D-pad has 15!

I wanted a midnight blue front, with yellow thumb sticks and d-pad. But there is no yellow for the thumb sticks! My second thought was white, but there is also no white! Another thing is the colors for the menu buttons and the ABXY buttons. Add more options!
    At least the option to have 1 solid color for the text on them..

Really Microsoft, think about creativity. If someone picks a color for the D-pad, they will most likely want to have the same color for the thumbsticks... Stop doing things half-***...

Guys, please go ahead and vote, even if you won't be customizing.. This is just really so stupid on the creative part of Xbox... Why would you limit the thumbstick colors when the D-pad has 7 more colors?

Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice

:)

Burbanana, Jun 14, 2016
  2. OG Pooh
    OG Pooh Guest
    Controller-Chrome vs Silver?

While I can't give links, I can tell you that replacement shells (in a variety of colors) are readily available (extremely cheaply) from different suppliers on the internet. You can also get the buttons, triggers, d-pads, analog sticks, etc in a variety
    of colors. For a grand total of about $20, you can tune-up & customize the controller you already have. All of our controllers have been redone in custom colors. If you want the transforming d-pad, just make sure you order the right shell & d-pad.

OG Pooh, Jun 14, 2016
  3. Bet477
    Bet477 Guest
    Xbox one elite controller

Is there a way to extra parts for the elite controller like extra d pads, thumb sticks and paddles.

I want to make my own custom paint job on a d pad but not on my main d pad I would want a second to paint is ther a way to get spear parts for this if not are you going to sell spear parts or even custom parts to make our own controllers even more unique.
    i would be interested in buying custom parts like a halo 5 d pad etc are there plans for this or do I need to find a second d pad to make my own.

Thanks

Bet477, Jun 14, 2016
  4. Custom Controllers: Don't restrict the Thumb sticks colors! ALL D-Pad colors for thumbs!

The D-Pad and thumb sticks are made of different materials, so it's quite possible the colors you want for the sticks just aren't available in the material used to make the stick.

Theory of Game, Jun 14, 2016
  5. Burbanana
    Burbanana Guest
    Well I am a Microsoft customer and we are used to getting the best here Custom Controllers: Don't restrict the Thumb sticks colors! ALL D-Pad colors for thumbs! ;)

I'm sure a yellow color is possible, but they just haven't done a yellow thumbstick before so they don't have them.

Burbanana, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Burbanana Win User

Well I am a Microsoft customer and we are used to getting the best here ;)

I'm sure a yellow color is possible, but they just haven't done a yellow thumbstick before so they don't have them.
  7. Theory of Game Win User

The D-Pad and thumb sticks are made of different materials, so it's quite possible the colors you want for the sticks just aren't available in the material used to make the stick.
  8. OG Pooh Win User

Controller-Chrome vs Silver?

While I can't give links, I can tell you that replacement shells (in a variety of colors) are readily available (extremely cheaply) from different suppliers on the internet. You can also get the buttons, triggers, d-pads, analog sticks, etc in a variety
    of colors. For a grand total of about $20, you can tune-up & customize the controller you already have. All of our controllers have been redone in custom colors. If you want the transforming d-pad, just make sure you order the right shell & d-pad.
  9. Malesoun Win User

Tournament Edition Fightstick question

You would circle your thumb on the stick/d-pad from down to forward.
  10. WARRIOR I M Win User

Xbox Adaptive Controller set up

Ok, so I finally have everything set up, except one thing- I have the thumb stick joystick adapter plugged into the left usb port of the pad. The controller functions as it should, except when I click the adaptive thumb stick, it does not function to
    click the left thumb stick, which it controls. Is there a way to do this, or must I find another way to click the left thumb stick?
Thema:

1. Custom Controllers: Don't restrict the Thumb sticks colors! ALL D-Pad colors for thumbs! - Similar Threads - Custom Controllers Don't

2. Can you add custom images to you custom Xbox Controller in Xbox design lab?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you add custom images to you custom Xbox Controller in Xbox design lab?: I was messing around with the design lab and I really want to add a warlock image from destiny to the front of my controller. But I couldn’t find any options, and I see people to something similar...
  3. Custom thumbstick response curves for elite 2 controller-xbox accessories app-windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Custom thumbstick response curves for elite 2 controller-xbox accessories app-windows: Would like to have the ability to draw my own curves for the thumbsticks in the xbox accessories app, being able to drag a few control points across the diagonal axis. My use case is sim racing,...
  4. Custom controller for special needs

in XBoX Accessibility
    Custom controller for special needs: I have cerebral palsy, my right hand is weak but my left hand is good, i used to play video games since 2004, having some difficulty using the regular controller because of my thumbs, now i only...
  5. Halo TV Show Custom Controller Sweepstakes

in XBoX on Windows
    Halo TV Show Custom Controller Sweepstakes: hi y'all, i'm trying to enter the sweepstakes to win the halo tv series controller and even though i have registered and downloaded/launched/signed into the paramount plus app, it won't seem to...
  6. Frustrated customer seeking a way to return a faulty Xbox Elite 2 Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Frustrated customer seeking a way to return a faulty Xbox Elite 2 Controller: My ludicrously expensive Xbox Elite Controller has in the past 2 months or so developed numerous issues: 1. the X button started becoming inconsistent with its activation 2. the Y button...
  7. Custom Controller Design Lost

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Custom Controller Design Lost: I designed 2 Xbox Controllers about 2 years ago, and was going to remove one and order the other; but I can't find them (or atleast don't remember how to find them) anywhere on the website. I...
  8. Scalpers are out of control. What is MS doing to help the average customer purchase one of...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Scalpers are out of control. What is MS doing to help the average customer purchase one of...: At the time of this posting there are DOZENS of listings for the Xbox Series X Halo Limited edition on ebay alone. A product which sold out weeks and months ahead of the ACTUAL GAME RELASE. This...
  9. Customizing the xbox controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Customizing the xbox controller: So I was looking into buying a new Xbox controller and I’ve seen all the customized controllers and I was wondering if I wanted a controller that had a drawing and wasn’t available in the design...
  10. Bought custom controller -I don't see my 5,000 points

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Bought custom controller -I don't see my 5,000 points: I bought a custom controller and the rewards page says if you do then you receive 5,000 points. I have yet to see my account reflect this. When will I receive them?...