Custom thumbstick response curves for elite 2 controller-xbox accessories app-windows

Discus and support Custom thumbstick response curves for elite 2 controller-xbox accessories app-windows in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Would like to have the ability to draw my own curves for the thumbsticks in the xbox accessories app, being able to drag a few control points across... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by smcginty27, Jul 5, 2022.

1. smcginty27
    smcginty27 Guest

Custom thumbstick response curves for elite 2 controller-xbox accessories app-windows

Would like to have the ability to draw my own curves for the thumbsticks in the xbox accessories app, being able to drag a few control points across the diagonal axis. My use case is sim racing, don't have space for racing wheel/pedals, and I'm being 'nit-picky' here, I use the tall thumbstick on the left of the elite 2 controller, and in the accessories app i have it set to delayed preset with the increase slider in the second/third position, its nearly perfect but i wish the start of the line in the X/Y diagram wasn't running directly towards the top right corner for a few millimetres, making the steering control of a car in-game to sensitive as you start to turn the steering wheel, hope that makes sense Custom thumbstick response curves for elite 2 controller-xbox accessories app-windows :eek:. Would love to see it implemented whenever the successor to the elite 2 is released in a few years. I know im being very fussy, hopefully this question isn't a waste of server drive space Custom thumbstick response curves for elite 2 controller-xbox accessories app-windows :D cheers

:)

smcginty27, Jul 5, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

How to Adjust, Calibrate or Tune the Joysticks on Xbox One Wireless Controllers for Windows?

Hi SamMedly! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Its possible to adjust the response curve on the joystick for Xbox Elite controller but not for regular Xbox controllers, this can be done on the accessories app from Xbox
  3. FulmetalChemist Win User

xbox elite series 2 thumbstick calculation feature, what does it mean?

Hi ,

Thanks for taking the time to ask this question here on the forums. Regarding the thumbsticks on the new Xbox Elite controller series 2, the calculations refer to actions that can be taken by the thumbsticks themselves, so it essentially the following (pardon
    for the loose translations):

• Radial - based on radius of full or half-circle movements made by the thumbstick,
    • Independent axis - based on the X or Y axis (up/down, L to R movement)
    • True Diagonals - would mean true 90deg diagonals based on the X/Y axis

For further information regarding any settings on this particular controller, I'd recommend checking out the following support articles that can detail what can be done more explicitly:

Get to know your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Adjust the thumbsticks on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2  

In general, it would be a good idea to test out different settings, just to see what works best for you and makes you more comfortable in gaming with the controller.

I hope that this information helps out!
    Oh okay , thank you very much for this response.
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

xbox elite series 2 thumbstick calculation feature, what does it mean?

Hi FulmetalChemist,

Thanks for taking the time to ask this question here on the forums. Regarding the thumbsticks on the new Xbox Elite controller series 2, the calculations refer to actions that can be taken by the thumbsticks themselves, so it essentially the following (pardon
    for the loose translations):

• Radial - based on radius of full or half-circle movements made by the thumbstick,
    • Independent axis - based on the X or Y axis (up/down, L to R movement)
    • True Diagonals - would mean true 90deg diagonals based on the X/Y axis

For further information regarding any settings on this particular controller, I'd recommend checking out the following support articles that can detail what can be done more explicitly:

Get to know your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Adjust the thumbsticks on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2  

In general, it would be a good idea to test out different settings, just to see what works best for you and makes you more comfortable in gaming with the controller.

I hope that this information helps out!
  5. PetryBosch Win User

Xbox Adaptive Controller Button Modular

Hi,

more info according joysticks and buttons for the adaptive controller can be found here https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/xbox-adaptive-controller

For programming the device you have to use the Xbox accessories app.

You can find it on your console or in the
    xbox store

in the app you can

• Assign up to 3 profiles to the controller

• Create and save up to 256 profiles in the app

• Remap all input ports

• Configure thumbstick sensitivity curves

• Change thumbstick calculation

• Configure Xbox button brightness

• Rename your controller

• Swap thumbstick X and Y axes

• Assign Shift button, and configure Shift inputs
  6. Loraine Mon Win User

Where do I go to customize my own thumbstick sensitivity curves?

Thanks, although the video is from more than a year ago - around the time of release of the controller. Also, the Accessories App updated to the latest version when I first plugged in the Elite Controller. I only see the presets, with no function to customize
    curves from scratch.
    If you are referring to the Trigger sensitivity, you can can customize the sensitivity of your triggers by adjusting their maximum and minimum ranges.

To customize the triggers, you can use the hair-trigger mechanical switch on your controller or with the Trigger sensitivity section in the app.

You can refer for the steps and suggestions under Sticks, triggers & vibration on this

link

Depending on the game you play, these settings will have different responses. One way to test your settings is to set Slot 1 to
    Default and Slot 2 to your customized setting.

If you have further inquiries, feel free to post here at anytime.
Thema:

1. Custom thumbstick response curves for elite 2 controller-xbox accessories app-windows - Similar Threads - Custom thumbstick response

2. Unable to add custom groups to dashboard.

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to add custom groups to dashboard.: Hi. Im hoping im just missing something or mistaken but was the ability to customize the dashboard removed? I seem to be unable to include my groups anywhere in the feed. submitted by...
  3. Now that we have custom colors can we try this?

in XboX Insiders
    Now that we have custom colors can we try this?: Now that the elite series 2 controller has custom colors for the xbox nexus button wonder if the xbox console light it self can have custom colors or fading colors for the people who like rgb or...
  4. False suspension on my account and cannot get any help from customer service

in XBoX Accessibility
    False suspension on my account and cannot get any help from customer service: I have been trying to reach upper management or the enforcement department about a suspension on my account. I have only been met with representatives that say they can’t do anything about my...
  5. Why is customer support so bad? Guy lagged me out a match yesterday for a win and my report...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is customer support so bad? Guy lagged me out a match yesterday for a win and my report...: UFC 4 has quite a few cheaters and only reports that get any action are message reports. This is absolute garbage. So we're supposed to be fine with cheaters? I even recorded the clip of getting...
  6. How can I talk to someone from Microsoft customer service?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I talk to someone from Microsoft customer service?: I called a phone number I found on Google and they said customer service has moved online so I asked for a call back but it has been saying "Something went wrong at our end. We’re working on it."...
  7. Where do I go to customize my own thumbstick sensitivity curves?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where do I go to customize my own thumbstick sensitivity curves?: In the video below from the Xbox YT channel, at 2:00, he talks about customizing your own curves. It shows a screen where you can set various points exactly where you want them. I cannot find this...
  8. Looking for Official Clarification Regarding Thumbstick Sensitivity Customization on the Elite ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for Official Clarification Regarding Thumbstick Sensitivity Customization on the Elite ...: I've seen virtually no discussion about this anywhere. So I distinctly recall the thumbstick sensitivity settings being much more customizable in the previews we were shown of the controller...
  9. Elite controller does NOT have custom thumbstick sensitivity curves

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller does NOT have custom thumbstick sensitivity curves: As far as I can tell, the new elite controller does NOT allow for customization of the thumbstick sensitivity curves like the 2015 GamesCom video from Microsoft showed at 32m31s. I hope I am...
  10. Broken thumbsticks - Customer Service

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken thumbsticks - Customer Service: I am from Toronto, ON. Both my Day One controller and the play and charge controller I bought from EB Games at launch have broken left thumb sticks. This is disappointing on many levels on it's...