D-Link: Enabling IPv6 on Xbox One s and faster speeds?

Discus and support D-Link: Enabling IPv6 on Xbox One s and faster speeds? in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; D-Link (Routers): Enabling IPv6 on Xbox One s and faster speeds? Hello, I am having issues getting my Xbox One to connect to the IPv6 connection on my... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by RylerGA, Mar 1, 2017.

1. RylerGA
    RylerGA Guest

D-Link (Routers): Enabling IPv6 on Xbox One s and faster speeds?
    Hello,

I am having issues getting my Xbox One to connect to the IPv6 connection on my Xbox One. I ran a network connection test and I only had 10 mbp/s down. I have 60 through my ISP.

I opened ports, and I'm still getting slower speeds than I should be. How do I fix this issue?

On wireless I get 10 down

On wired I get less than 1

Wire is good, plugged it into my laptop and got 60. I get 60 on my laptop as well for internet speeds on wireless. Same 5ghz band. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

:)

RylerGA, Mar 1, 2017
  2. LegalRapier7409, Mar 1, 2017
  3. Qwertei
    Qwertei Guest
    D-Link: Ipv6

IPv4 / IPv6 is all up to your ISP if they support IPv6 and so does your router / modem then you will definitely get IPv6. You may need to login to your router as a administrator and change it but you will need to contact your ISP because there is a login
    screen you need to pass before getting in. But not all ISP's have a login screen it's just there for security.

More info at
    http://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one/networking/ipv6-on-xbox-one

Qwertei, Mar 1, 2017
  4. Qwertei Win User

D-Link: Ipv6

IPv4 / IPv6 is all up to your ISP if they support IPv6 and so does your router / modem then you will definitely get IPv6. You may need to login to your router as a administrator and change it but you will need to contact your ISP because there is a login
    screen you need to pass before getting in. But not all ISP's have a login screen it's just there for security.

More info at
    http://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one/networking/ipv6-on-xbox-one
  5. HeadshotPenguin Win User

How can I get ipv6

Hi,

Have you enabled IPv6 on your home router?

There is a support document for IPv6 on the Xbox HERE.

HP
  6. taidara Win User

D-Link: Switching to IPv6

Could you describe in more detail what it is that you need help with, in terms of IPv6
  7. Rampant54 Win User

Xbox one Ethernet connection ipv6 issue

I can only connect to xbox live if I disable ipv6 on my router - a netcomm NF18AC. It works fine on wifi but not with cable. I would like to get ipv6 working as it is supposed to be faster for downloads and all other devices that use eth0 don't seem to
    have this issue.

Any ideas please?
    Just to make it clearer wifi works with both ipv4 and ipv6 enabled.
  8. XBF Chris J Win User

problem de conection [Edit - Translation] - conection problem

Hello Martin,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. there is nothing wrong with the console connecting with traditional IPv4 communications protocol.

For Xbox One to connect to the Internet using IPv6, your home router needs to have IPv6 enabled, and your Internet service provider must support IPv6. Check out this link to find out all info relating to

IPv6 on Xbox one.

Aside from that, are you receiving any error codes or messages when connecting your network to xbox one?

Hope to hear back soon!
Thema:

1. D-Link: Enabling IPv6 on Xbox One s and faster speeds? - Similar Threads - Link Enabling IPv6

2. Unable to link my Epic Games account to my X-Box Live - as it says another Epic Games...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to link my Epic Games account to my X-Box Live - as it says another Epic Games...: I would like to link my epic games account to my x-box account both of which use my e-mail address. I have followed the instructions on the epic games website, however fortnite does not give me...
  3. Deleting gamertag on one Microsoft account and linking different gamertag to that Microsoft...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Deleting gamertag on one Microsoft account and linking different gamertag to that Microsoft...: Hi guys I need to link my gamertag to a different Microsoft account which already had a gamertag (not being used, old one) linked to it. I''m happy to delete gamertag on the other Microsoft...
  4. Ea linked to xbox account permanently?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ea linked to xbox account permanently?: A few years back i deleted my old gmail account, it was still attached to Ea. Now that i decided to get the sims 4, i noticed it is still using a none functioning Ea account. I have went to the...
  5. Link Epic Games Account To Xbox Live

in XBoX Accessibility
    Link Epic Games Account To Xbox Live: Hi ! There is my problem : I previously linked my Epic Games Account to Playstation Network, and now I would like to link it to Xbox Live, so it would allows me to have my skins and V-Bucks on...
  6. Spotify - Linked - Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Spotify - Linked - Issue: Hello, I deleted my Old Spotify Account a while back and when I had it during the time I linked/connected it to my Xbox Account via Xbox Game Bar (Windows 10) and It still shows that my Old...
  7. Linking of Discord and Xbox Live accounts

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Linking of Discord and Xbox Live accounts: I ran into some issues as I tried to link my Xbox Live account to discord. Everytime I trying to link them via Discord, a new Window with the error message "the connection of your Xbox Live...
  8. Linking epic games account to sons new live account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Linking epic games account to sons new live account?: Hi all So i have an xbox live account and my son has been using it to play fortnite on for a ling time. Now he has his own live account, which is still on the same console however! He wants to...
  9. EA account linked to Xbox gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    EA account linked to Xbox gamertag: I can't get into my ea sportsaccount that i created when i was about 10 with an email address i no longer use. i'm hoping to figure out a way to unlink that account from my gamertag butthey...
  10. TP-Link: How do I change my router to enable IPv6?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    TP-Link: How do I change my router to enable IPv6?: TP-Link (Routers): How do I change my router to enable IPv6? IPv4 / IPv6 is all up to your ISP if they support IPv6 and so does your router / modem then you will definitely get IPv6. You may need...