D-Link: Entering PPPoE

Discus and support D-Link: Entering PPPoE in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; D-Link (Routers): Entering PPPoE D-Link DIR-868L Login Information Gateway - 192.168.0.1 or Web Server's Default Page Username - Admin Password -... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by XB1R Hades, Aug 29, 2014.

1. XB1R Hades
    XB1R Hades Guest

D-Link (Routers): Entering PPPoE
    D-Link DIR-868L

Login Information

Entering PPPoE

1. Open a web browser and in the address bar enter 192.168.0.1 and enter admin for the username and leave the password blank when prompted.
    2. Select Setup from the top menu.
    3. Select Internet from the menu on the left.
    4. Select Manual Internet Connection Setup.
    5. Select "PPPoE (Username/Password)" from the "My Internet Connection is:" dropdown.
    6. Under the section titled "PPPoE Internet Connection Type" enter the PPPoE Username and Password.
    7. Select Save Settings at the top.

:)

XB1R Hades, Aug 29, 2014
  2. XB1R Athena
    XB1R Athena Guest

Login Information

• Gateway - 192.168.0.1
    • Username - admin
    • Password - (blank)

Entering PPPoE

1. Open a web browser.
    2. In the address bar type in the default gateway (http://192.168.0.1) or click the link.
    3. When prompted type in the user name “admin” and leave the password field blank.
    4. With the “Basic” tab at the top selected, click on the “WAN” from the menu on the left.
    5. In the section labeled PPPoE WAN Mode, enter in the user name and password provided to you from your internet service provider and make sure the radio button next to “Always on” is selected.
    6. Click the blue connect button at the bottom.

XB1R Athena, Aug 29, 2014
  3. XB1R Apollo
    XB1R Apollo Guest

Login Information

Entering PPPoE

1. Open a web browser and in the address bar enter 192.168.0.1 and enter admin for the username and leave the password blank when prompted.
    2. Select Setup from the top menu.
    3. Select Internet from the menu on the left.
    4. Select Manual Configure.
    5. Select "PPPoE (Username/Password)" from the "My Internet Connection is:" dropdown.
    6. Under the section titled "PPPoE Internet Connection Type" enter the PPPoE Username and Password.
    7. Select Save Settings at the top

XB1R Apollo, Aug 29, 2014
  4. Nepplz Win User

Problem with Century Link's Q1000...

Yeah, it's so strange! and nope, not entering PPPoE, and not messing with anything else. I believe its the company.
  5. taidara Win User

Strict Nat on Xbox one Telus Dlink router

Keep us posted CrankierBoar and let us know if you managed to have the Actiontec properly configured in bridge mode.

If your D-Link router requires additional settings for PPPoE connectivity, do let us and we can walk you through these steps.

Good luck!
  6. XBR Dionysus Win User

My wired connection wont work to my 360

Sorry for the late post but if the computer works on all the ports but nothing else does it sound like the PPPoE information somehow got removed from the Zyxel and got put into the computer.

Some DSL companies use an authentication called PPPoE, it's a user name and a password that is issued by the ISP and is normally entered into the gateway. If it gets removed or changed then you will not get internet to the house. If the PPPoE is entered
    into the comp or the console then that device will connect. I would call Telus and have them restore the gateway and if needed they can reset up the PPPoE. If that doesn't work then they might not use those settings if that’s the case then I would suggest
    they replace the device. Hope that helps.
  7. OllyBongo1 Win User

GfWL problem with router

when you set PPPoE mode you will need your broadband username and password you can get this from your ISP and enter it in the configuration page on your router, and you can manually specify the PPPoE settings in the xbox network settings
  8. 2340293u oifjdsohf Win User

Zhone: Bridging Guide

With ISP distributel - a factory restore will set bridge mode, PPPOE login info will need to be entered into router to regain web access.
Thema:

1. D-Link: Entering PPPoE - Similar Threads - Link Entering PPPoE

2. Issue when trying to link Xbox with Google Home - My roommates Xbox shows but not mine.

in XboX Insiders
    Issue when trying to link Xbox with Google Home - My roommates Xbox shows but not mine.: So I’ve been trying to set my Xbox on my Google Home but I’m running into an issue where the only Xbox I see when I try to link them is my roommates Xbox (I have logged into both before). I want...
  3. No device linked with MS account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No device linked with MS account.: I purchased Halo reach on my PC, went to install ain my xb1 and was informed that there is no device linked with my account. After reading and trying the, unhelpful, troubleshooting i still cannot...
  4. How to redeem my nitro/ea gift code links on PC? (xbox beta app / companion app)

in XBoX on Windows
    How to redeem my nitro/ea gift code links on PC? (xbox beta app / companion app): I've been jumping from support technician to support technician. With things being told "Wait 24-72 hours", "We don't have the codes, we will send it in 24 hours", et cetra. About 3 days ago I've...
  5. Minecoins gone after link Microsoft account to Minecraft on switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecoins gone after link Microsoft account to Minecraft on switch: i bought 2000 coins in the minecraft game ... once I added my microsoft account now all the purchases and coins are gone! Ive tried uninstalling re-installing.... nintendo support said the issue...
  6. Linking accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Linking accounts: Hi I have 3 Microsoft accounts 2 with old email addresses that are soon to be deleted by Optus, another is an old work email address. I have managed to rename one of the Optus email address but...
  7. error linking to epic games

in XBoX Accessibility
    error linking to epic games: when trying to link my xbox account with epic games I get an error that does not let me link the account, can someone help me? 67c010b8-0b17-47cc-8c6e-beba7071c797
  8. linking 2 Xbox ones at different homes (my kids and mine)

in XBoX on Consoles
    linking 2 Xbox ones at different homes (my kids and mine): My son has an xbox. He's 8 so I set up the account and I pay for gold with him using his own tag as a member of my family... He wants to take the console to his mums as he spends more time there....
  9. xbox live can't sign in. When I enter my details it says this is linked to another account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox live can't sign in. When I enter my details it says this is linked to another account: I'm trying for the first time to connect to xbox live on my xbox360 I have set up a new email address through outlook for this. How do I use this account (email and password) to sign in. I do...
  10. my windows 10 xbox live will not link with facebook even though I have entered email and ...

in XBoX on Windows
    my windows 10 xbox live will not link with facebook even though I have entered email and ...: I have a new lap top with windows 10 pro and I have the xbox live game hub from Microsoft. I am trying to link with facebook and every time I log in nothing happens. I also can not log into...