Data Usage for console streaming

Discus and support Data Usage for console streaming in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I was wondering how much data console streaming uses, if it helps I have T-Mobile submitted by /u/Number3679 [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Number3679, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Data Usage for console streaming

I was wondering how much data console streaming uses, if it helps I have T-Mobile

submitted by /u/Number3679
    [link] [comments]

/u/Number3679, Nov 10, 2019
  2. napalm 31337 Win User

Tech issues: Xbox One bandwidth usage page showing I've used 1.5 million TB last month...

...have you started a new multiplayer game never used before August? are you using too much streaming from console? Like Netflix or Mixer or Twitch....

I think that the amount of data displayed on the console is a bit bugged, BUT you really goes over the 1TB limit of your provider, so something is wrong on the average data usage.
  3. DreadGrrl Win User

xbox charges

We pay an extra, lump sum, on a monthly basis to have our data cap removed (Canada).

Keep a close eye on your usage, if you have a data cap. With 3 Xboxes, 1 PS4, 4 gaming computers, tablets, cell phones, and 4 TVs streaming Netflix at the highest quality, we’ve had months just in excess of 2TB of downloaded/streamed data.
  4. Mister Beep Win User

What is this?!?!

Hey LadyJadey,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to see the high bandwidth usage! Has your Xbox One's data usage looked accurate after 5/31? This may have been a visual bug, and your Xbox One console most likely has not reached anywhere near 3,600 TB of data usage. The most
    reliable tool to check internet usage will be through your ISP. Any bandwidth usage your Xbox One console actually uses will reflect on the ISP side. I would not worry about your Xbox One console using that much data unless your ISP is reflecting the same
    amount of usage.

Hope this helps clear up the issue!
  5. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Xbox wifi connection by smartphone tethering or internet key

I went through a period of having to use hotspot tethering for internet on my console for a few months. I had unlimited data through AT&T and I had this exact same problem where the console stops connecting automatically and eventually doesn't connect/takes
    a really long time to connect. I just dealt with it and was patient and tried to get it to connect a lot and it normally eventually did.

The problem is the streaming and internet speed from the phone to console is incredibly unreliable when using a mobile network for internet versus using Wi-Fi or a wired connection. In a sense, its just not powerful enough to effectively and reliably connect
    to the console for long periods of time for both streaming speed and data usage. Incredible data usage, which happens when hotspot tethering, causes the speed for internet and streaming to slow drastically. You may have reached your data caps and the streaming
    speeds are just so slow there's virtually no connection to be had.

Here's a few things that may help.

http://www.gamechup.com/microsoft-recommends1-5-mbps-minimum-broadband-speed-for-xbox-one/

A video about hotspot tethering on console https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGebHut4FBE

https://kotaku.com/can-your-network-handle-the-optimal-xbox-one-experien-511780190

Nothing is wrong with your Xbox its just the internet service.
  6. Rob the Weeb Win User

High bandwidth usage; Xbox uploads lots of data

If this usage is from amazon I'm unsure what information they are gathering. What I do know is that when you're streaming you are also uploading bits of data like browsing and streaming history. What Amazon or any other stream service ex. netflix, youtube
    or hulu does with this information I'm uncertain. I'm also unsure if its P2P, this is just my insight and knowledge on the matter. Your Xbox is also uploading data to the cloud as well that is using a small bit of data.

Apologies if I wasn't able to 100% answer your question
Thema:

Data Usage for console streaming

1. Data Usage for console streaming - Similar Threads - Data Usage console

2. Data usage of console streaming?

in XboX Insiders
    Data usage of console streaming?: I'm struggling to get a solid number on how much data console streaming uses. For clarification, this is streaming, not xCloud. Thanks. submitted by /u/IowsurferYT [link] [comments]
  3. Data Usage

in XboX Insiders
    Data Usage: I recommend having unlimited data or having a lot of data on your plan. Game streaming uses a bunch of MB in a few minutes. (I only used it for about 30 minutes and it used 358MB) submitted by...
  4. Has anyone noticed bandwith usage not accurately keep track of the data being used?

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone noticed bandwith usage not accurately keep track of the data being used?: Three or so days ago I binge a whole season (10 episodes), on hulu, which was easily 2+GB each hour. Since the Sept. 5th 1910 update, I watched about 6 hours (22 episodes) and it never went above...
  5. High bandwidth usage; Xbox uploads lots of data

in XBoX on Consoles
    High bandwidth usage; Xbox uploads lots of data: My Xbox (early gen) uploads alot of data when VIEWING online steams. Whilst using Amazon Prime it uploads over 100mb an hour. YouTube is the same. I am not broadcasting streams, nor uploading...
  6. Data usage and old tech vs new tech

in XBoX on Consoles
    Data usage and old tech vs new tech: Why is it that the Xbox uses so much data to play a game? It seems to me that if the dreamcast could run on dial up with laptops for servers and play complex games (quake, unreal, etc.) With no...
  7. When I try to process a self service refund I get the a usage data error.

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I try to process a self service refund I get the a usage data error.: Help us find your usage data We can't process your refund until we find out how much DARK SOULS™: REMASTERED has been used. Get more info. Make sure all the devices you installed the item on are...
  8. Help us Find Your Usage Data

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help us Find Your Usage Data: For several months now whenever I try to request a refund for something it brings me to this screen and no matter what I do, I can't get past it. Now I have several games I don't play or are not...
  9. data usage

in XBoX on Consoles
    data usage: support have said, you cannot check your data usage on xbox1, if you can check data usage on windows, surely it would be quite easy for Microsoft to include this function in xbox, at least one can...
  10. data usage

in XBoX on Consoles
    data usage: support have said, you cannot check your data usage on xbox1, if you can check data usage on windows, surely it would be quite easy for Microsoft to include this function in xbox, at least one can...