deactivating hdmi sound output / playing music from an usb stick not possible anymore?

Discus and support deactivating hdmi sound output / playing music from an usb stick not possible anymore? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Sup? 1: Is it possible to turn off audio output of hdmi? I use a turtle beach headset and dont need the hdmi audio; got my screen boxes turned down... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by blurpleAD9, Aug 25, 2014.

1. blurpleAD9
    blurpleAD9 Guest

deactivating hdmi sound output / playing music from an usb stick not possible anymore?

Sup?

1: Is it possible to turn off audio output of hdmi? I use a turtle beach headset and dont need the hdmi audio; got my screen boxes turned down atm.

2: I saw a table on a official xbox site that said its not possible to store music on an usb stick anymore; true?

If not: How do I play music from an usb stick; I tried configuring the drive and then I wanted to drag music from my laptop on it, which didnt work, because there was almost no space left.

THX for your time!

:)

blurpleAD9, Aug 25, 2014
  2. grolschie
    grolschie Guest
    Incompetent Customer Service - Dolby Digital via HDMI

Is it not possible to connect the Xbox to an AV Receiver via HDMI (for audio) and then output HDMI from the AV Receiver to a TV (like discussed in

this thread
    on another forum)?

grolschie, Aug 25, 2014
  3. The Cthulhu
    The Cthulhu Guest
    Laptop

^^^The Cable Matters USB 3.0 to HDMI/DVI Adapter turns an available USB 3.0 port into an HDMI/DVI
    output.

Op needs an input, not an output; unless I'm missing something.

The Cthulhu, Aug 25, 2014
  4. blurpleAD9
    blurpleAD9 Guest

3: Does ripping a burned cd still work?

blurpleAD9, Aug 25, 2014
  5. blurpleAD9 Win User

3: Does ripping a burned cd still work?
  6. DJ Morpheus Win User

Xbox stops sending audio to stereo after I turn off TV

Hi :).

I also stream music to my XBO, using "Cast" from my PC, and if I turn my TV off, the music still plays. I'd suggest it's something that Apple TV is set to do by default, but I've never used Apple TV, so not certain.

Have you checked settings in Apple TV? Some HDMI controls can be set to deactivate sound if no HDMI output device is detected, and this probably would be detected even if the Xbox is on, but the TV isn't ;-).

Kind regards.

DJM.
  7. Internet Expert Win User

Does the xbox one support a USB to 3.5 mm jack adapter?

I would not expect the Xbox to have plug and play support for a USB sound card. That stuff is made for desktop/laptop computers.

The only two ways to output audio from the Xbox are either HDMI or Optical.

The former could work if your TV has a 3.5mm output jack, and you configure your TV's settings to disable the built-in speakers to output to your speakers. The latter connects directly.
  8. grolschie Win User

Incompetent Customer Service - Dolby Digital via HDMI

Is it not possible to connect the Xbox to an AV Receiver via HDMI (for audio) and then output HDMI from the AV Receiver to a TV (like discussed in

this thread
    on another forum)?
  9. napalm 31337 Win User

Music

Thema:

1. deactivating hdmi sound output / playing music from an usb stick not possible anymore? - Similar Threads - deactivating hdmi sound

2. Time Limits Won't Turn Off/Deactivate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Time Limits Won't Turn Off/Deactivate: My children were limited in time during the school year, but now that summer is here I want to allow them to use their consoles as they wish. I went onto their accounts here on the website and...
  3. Reactivate my deactivated mojang account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Reactivate my deactivated mojang account: I have deactivated my mojang account on April 15, 2020. How to recover it back? I didn't purchase anything on the account. So this account listed as demo account. I want to use the same email...
  4. Redeem code deactivated

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Redeem code deactivated: Hi can someone please help i bought a £25 gift card from tesco and it says it was sucsessful but when i ented the code it says it was deactivated and xbox says take it back and tesco says its upto...
  5. desactivar -[Translation - deactivate]

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    desactivar -[Translation - deactivate]: Detengan el cargo automatico de game pass ya que se me daño la consola y no tiene sentido seguir con el rbajo ,despues lo activo -[Translation - Stop the automatic game pass charge since the...
  6. I deactivate accidentally HDMI (config invalidations)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I deactivate accidentally HDMI (config invalidations): Hi, im facing a problem that is driving me crazy. I deactivate HDMI (invalidation HDMI when I had it in auto), now i cant see any HDMI signal xbox one works but is showing no signal hdmi. I tried...
  7. Deactivated my DLC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Deactivated my DLC: I recently refunded the Rainbow 6 Siege Ultimate edition bundle since I already had the deluxe edition and year 5 pass. However after they refunded me they also deactivated everything, i cannot...
  8. I have redeemed an XBox Live Gold card in my own account. How do I deactivate it on mine...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have redeemed an XBox Live Gold card in my own account. How do I deactivate it on mine...: I purchased an X Box Live Gold card at Costco and mistakenly redeemed the card while in my account. How do I deactivate the X Box live redemption in my account so that I can activate it in my...
  9. deactivated code

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    deactivated code: I received a 12 month subscription for xbox live as a Christmas present. When i tried to redeem the code I got a error message saying code not recognized. I returned to the retailer where the...
  10. Désactivation facturation Xbox Game Pass [Deactivating Xbox Game Pass Billing]

in XBoX on Windows
    Désactivation facturation Xbox Game Pass [Deactivating Xbox Game Pass Billing]: Bonjour/Bonsoir, Je me suis abonné au Xbox Game pass début novembre et je voudrais désactiver la facturation automatique, pour cela je clique sur "gérer" dans la section abonnement de...