Dead accounts

Discus and support Dead accounts in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Is there no way other thab to wait 5 years for an account that has nothing on it, not even 1g. This doesn't seem like a very smart way of handling a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by M7RWE3, Jul 1, 2019.

1. M7RWE3
    M7RWE3 Guest

Dead accounts

Is there no way other thab to wait 5 years for an account that has nothing on it, not even 1g. This doesn't seem like a very smart way of handling a dead account, especially when someone wants the gamertag. Or at least make it where we can see how ling
    they have been inactive. I could be very well dead in five years, and yet yall want us to wait that long for no reason. I would be fine if you just knocked it down to 2 years.

:)

M7RWE3, Jul 1, 2019
  2. H3adshak3r Win User

Red Dead Redemption 2 DLC Problem

I checked this for my and my brothers account and that is the result. Looks a little bit strange or? On My Account the Ultimate Edition is listed twice. I think this is not correct and on my brothers account ultimate edition is missing. Pre-Order Bonus is
    correct, because i have it bought and my brother not.

My Account:

Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition

This Package Contains:

- Red Dead Redemption 2

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Special Edition Content

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition Content

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Pre-Order Boni (War Horse)

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Pre-Order Boni (Treasure Map)

Brothers Account:

Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition

This Package Contains:

- Red Dead Redemption 2

- Red Dead Redemption 2 Special Edition Content

3. Gimpy_P Win User

Dead accounts

5 years seems fair, there could be a myriad of reasons someone is away from the account.

As for showing anyone how long the account has been dormant can create more issues than it solves. Including those concerning privacy.
  4. Daft Badger Win User

Dead accounts

5 years is fine.Another thing to consider is that gamertags are used on other services,not just xbox live,so just because a account has 0 Gamerscore does not mean it's inactive.
  5. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Dead accounts

I think 5 years is the right time to wait. People often have to take breaks from gaming in life because of a variety of reasons, so having a smaller period like 1 or 2 years would likely result in a few people being annoyed that their gamertag has been changed
    and taken by somebody else.

Anyway, it's soon going to be a total non-issue because Xbox announced that they're moving to a Discord style Gamertag system, so anybody can have any name (I assume within reason), and if it's a duplicate then there will be a bracketed number following
    it (#1234).
  6. Smwutches Win User

Dead Accounts

Theres nothing you can do. The only way to get a tag is if the original owner changes it to something else or if they don't sign into the account for 5 years (starting from 2016) it will be freed up. The gamertag system is in use on other Microsoft services,
    so even if it's not in use on an Xbox, it may be in use somewhere else.
Thema:

Dead accounts

1. Dead accounts - Similar Threads - Dead accounts

2. Dead Space disappeared from my account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dead Space disappeared from my account: The game dead space was offer in Games with Gold, but now the game disappeared from my account and when i try to install it, i have to pay. Can you help me. Thanks...
  3. account dead since 2 days???

in XBoX Accessibility
    account dead since 2 days???: this is one of my old accounts i have, cant log in with my original one Hi Im gona write in english today. You have sendend me an email with the message you will respond within 24h, the time...
  4. Dead Accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Dead Accounts: Is there a way to report a dead account? There is a certain account that has a username I want and has not been accessed since Xbox 360. What should I do? e23e0984-0bdf-44fd-a47e-7994f68824a9
  5. Bing Rewards for Xbox auto linking to a dead account on xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bing Rewards for Xbox auto linking to a dead account on xbox: I have a old account that has not been active since 2008... it is now 2018... TEN years later and my email that I use for Bing Rewards is linked to that old account. I have talked to Customer...
  6. Sore losers giving Killer negative XBL account rep - Dead by Daylight

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sore losers giving Killer negative XBL account rep - Dead by Daylight: Hi, it's becoming trending for sore losers to give bad account rep to Killers in Dead by Daylight. I've been a gold subscriber for over 7 years and never had a rep issue. Three days playing Dead...
  7. My old accounts dead

in XBoX on Consoles
    My old accounts dead: I can't get back into my old account cablam123 my dad made the account and when I asked him what the email was he said it died is there anyway I can get the account back with all my digital games...
  8. Account dead on 360 after name change help!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Account dead on 360 after name change help!!: Hello, i am am not the only customer going through this. i changed my gamertag today to one that was freed up by Microsoft. My GT is now Fembot. This works fine on the Xbox one and on the PC...
  9. Xbox account linked to dead email account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox account linked to dead email account: Hi Was wondering if you could assist. My Xbox was always linked to my Nokia OVI account. To this day i can still log on to the account because i know my password. HOWEVER... Nokia ended its...
  10. Auto Renewal on dead account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Auto Renewal on dead account: I was charged for a year and a half because I didn't even realize the account was there. I had like 5 accounts because of all of the variations and evolutions of microsoft online accounts. I...