DEFAULT GATEWAY RESETS AFTER EACH REBOOT

Discus and support DEFAULT GATEWAY RESETS AFTER EACH REBOOT in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, i had to set up a static IP to get my NAT open. everytime i restart my xbox, i need to reconfigure my gateway, it resets to 0.0.0.0. At least it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MapeXy, Feb 17, 2014.

1. MapeXy
    MapeXy Guest

So, i had to set up a static IP to get my NAT open.

everytime i restart my xbox, i need to reconfigure my gateway, it resets to 0.0.0.0. At least it works when i do this, but its a bit of a pain having to do it every single time.

Restore to factory settings has been suggested, this is a very temporary fix.

Anyone have any ideas?

:)

MapeXy, Feb 17, 2014
  2. XBR Dionysus
    XBR Dionysus Guest
    Restore Factory Defaults

Login Information

• Gateway – 192.168.0.1
    • Username – admin
    • Password – password

Restore Factory Defaults

From Firmware:

1. Open up a web browser.
    2. Type “192.168.0.1” into the web address bar.
    3. A login screen will appear asking for a username and password. See
      Login Information above to login to the gateway.
    4. After logging into the gateway, click on “Utilities”.
    5. On the right had side, click on “Factory Defaults”.
    6. On the main page, click on “Factory Defaults”

From Hardware:

1. Go to the gateway.
    2. Look at the back of the gateway, where the ports are located.
    3. Locate the reset button.
    4. Hold in the reset button for 30 seconds.
    5. Wait for 1 min for the gateway to reboot.

XBR Dionysus, Feb 17, 2014
  3. XB1R Hydros
    XB1R Hydros Guest
    Restore Factory Defaults

Login Information

• Gateway: 192.168.1.1
    • Username: ubnt
    • Password: ubnt
    Restore Factory Defaults

From Hardware:

1. Locate the back of the device, where the Ethernet port are located.
    2. Hold the reset button on the back for 30 seconds. You will need a paperclip, toothpick or pen to hold down the reset button.
    3. Let go of the reset button and wait about 1 minute for the device to reboot.

From Firmware:

1. Connect a computer to the gateway with an Ethernet cable.
    2. Open a web browser on a computer.
    3. Type in the gateway address, 192.168.1.1 into the web address bar, hit enter.
    4. This will take you to a login page, type ubnt for both username and password.
    5. Once of the main page, select the System tab on the top.
    6. Click on the Reset to Defaults… button.
    7. The device will reboot back to the default settings after a few minutes.

XB1R Hydros, Feb 17, 2014
  4. jmcode
    jmcode Guest

Does your router support DHCP reservation (aka static DHCP IP)? If so, use that instead of setting a static IP on the Xbox One. If you aren't sure, please post the make and model of your router.

jmcode, Feb 17, 2014
  5. jmcode Win User

Does your router support DHCP reservation (aka static DHCP IP)? If so, use that instead of setting a static IP on the Xbox One. If you aren't sure, please post the make and model of your router.
  6. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

Xbox Live Connecting issues

Reset the old 360 network settings back to factory defaults.

Disconnect the old 360 from the internet (remove adapter).

Connect the new 360 to the network after a reset to factory defaults.

I would reboot your router/modem as well.
  7. BLACKMAGIC675 Win User

Network Settings

Hey mate this fix should do the trick

1: Go into modem. To find you default gateway go to cmd type in ipconfig and use the default gateway address in your browser

2: Go to UPnP and disable

3: Reboot modem

4: Enable UPnP

5: Hard reset xbox by holding power button untill it shuts down

6: turn on your xbox and go to network settings and you nat will be open
  8. taidara Win User

AT&T: Open NAT types for two Xboxes?

I did this but dmz is not working correctly it has strict nat type and cant even connect to xbox
    Could you go over the steps once more and assign each console a unique IP address (static and preferable, an IP (IP address/Subnet mask/Default Gateway/DNS) outside of the DHCP's scope of leasable addresses)). For one console, select custom port and save
    your changes.

Now, turn off both your consoles, and reboot your gateway.

Wait a couple of minutes for the gateway to boot properly.

Now try setup port forwarding rules for each Xbox.
  9. taidara Win User

CC to party (portforwarding has been done)

Is the Xbox directly connected to the Thompson gateway?

Could you reset your Thompson gateway to factory defaults. If you use PPPoE connectivity, then you have to know the username and password for your ISP's authentication.

Unplug all devices connected to your gateway (except the power supply). Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds. Power off the gateway for 2 minutes. Reconnect everything back up. Access your router's web utility interface and configure your wireless
    network. Make sure UPnP is ticked enabled. Save/Apply and reboot.

Turn on the Xbox and go to network settings. Select the Additional Settings tab. Select Restore network settings to factory defaults. Press "B" on your controller and select "Test Xbox LIVE Connection".

Let us know how that goes.
Thema:

1. DEFAULT GATEWAY RESETS AFTER EACH REBOOT - Similar Threads - DEFAULT GATEWAY RESETS

2. Default save locations for Game Pass on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Default save locations for Game Pass on PC: So I've run into a very frustrating issue, when attempting to install a game from your XBOX GAME PASS windows desktop application. I currently have multiple hard drives and I have my data...
  3. Can't change default app installation drive on Windows 10 for the Xbox Beta

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't change default app installation drive on Windows 10 for the Xbox Beta: I was using this drive to install my games on a previous installation of the system, but I had to format it and now I cannot change the default drive back to this drive because windows finds the...
  4. Do I need to press the LS button to run in Bo4? Because I do...(Xbox One X BO4 default...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I need to press the LS button to run in Bo4? Because I do...(Xbox One X BO4 default...: So I have default settings on in Black Ops 4 on Xbox One X and I think I have to press LS on my controller to Sprint...is this true? It says “(Sprint/Hold)” LS I’m not sure if they mean press...
  5. I can't set up my Xbox One as default on Xbox Game Pass mobile app

in XBoX on Mobile
    I can't set up my Xbox One as default on Xbox Game Pass mobile app: I have aready hard reset my xbox, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. The settings are instant on and remote downloads This is becoming so frustrating I have called support and that...
  6. factory default

in XBoX on Consoles
    factory default: is there a way to reset to factory default a3e0a7d5-6e80-4868-af7c-c2fbddd44c83
  7. Unable to set Xbox as default on Gamepass App.

in XBoX on Mobile
    Unable to set Xbox as default on Gamepass App.: I’m struggling with setting up my Xbox as my default on the Xbox Gamepass App as even though I have followed the steps provided such as enabling remote downloads and instant-on, I am still unable...
  8. Game Pass app for iOS crashes when selecting default console

in XBoX on Mobile
    Game Pass app for iOS crashes when selecting default console: Using the current version of the app (released early June 2019), on an iPhone 8 with iOS 12, the app instantly quits when i tap on my console in settings to make it the default. I also tried this...
  9. Gamepass App - No default Xbox to select

in XBoX on Mobile
    Gamepass App - No default Xbox to select: My Gamepass app (Android) is unable to find a default Xbox for me to select so I download games from the app. I have been through all the checks suggested in help e.g. settings with the console...
  10. BUG: Xbox One loses default gateway with static IP

in XBoX on Consoles
    BUG: Xbox One loses default gateway with static IP: Not sure if this has been reported. In my setup I use a static IP address yet my Xbox One loses the default gateway. If I'm on the system and do a turn off(standby mode), when I come back the...