DEFAULT GATEWAY RESETS AFTER EACH REBOOT

Discus and support DEFAULT GATEWAY RESETS AFTER EACH REBOOT in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, i had to set up a static IP to get my NAT open. everytime i restart my xbox, i need to reconfigure my gateway, it resets to 0.0.0.0. At least it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MapeXy, Feb 17, 2014.

1. MapeXy
    MapeXy Guest

So, i had to set up a static IP to get my NAT open.

everytime i restart my xbox, i need to reconfigure my gateway, it resets to 0.0.0.0. At least it works when i do this, but its a bit of a pain having to do it every single time.

Restore to factory settings has been suggested, this is a very temporary fix.

Anyone have any ideas?

:)

MapeXy, Feb 17, 2014
  2. XBR Dionysus
    XBR Dionysus Guest
    Restore Factory Defaults

Login Information

• Gateway – 192.168.0.1
    • Username – admin
    • Password – password

Restore Factory Defaults

From Firmware:

1. Open up a web browser.
    2. Type “192.168.0.1” into the web address bar.
    3. A login screen will appear asking for a username and password. See
      Login Information above to login to the gateway.
    4. After logging into the gateway, click on “Utilities”.
    5. On the right had side, click on “Factory Defaults”.
    6. On the main page, click on “Factory Defaults”

From Hardware:

1. Go to the gateway.
    2. Look at the back of the gateway, where the ports are located.
    3. Locate the reset button.
    4. Hold in the reset button for 30 seconds.
    5. Wait for 1 min for the gateway to reboot.

XBR Dionysus, Feb 17, 2014
  3. XB1R Hydros
    XB1R Hydros Guest
    Restore Factory Defaults

Login Information

• Gateway: 192.168.1.1
    • Username: ubnt
    • Password: ubnt
    Restore Factory Defaults

From Hardware:

1. Locate the back of the device, where the Ethernet port are located.
    2. Hold the reset button on the back for 30 seconds. You will need a paperclip, toothpick or pen to hold down the reset button.
    3. Let go of the reset button and wait about 1 minute for the device to reboot.

From Firmware:

1. Connect a computer to the gateway with an Ethernet cable.
    2. Open a web browser on a computer.
    3. Type in the gateway address, 192.168.1.1 into the web address bar, hit enter.
    4. This will take you to a login page, type ubnt for both username and password.
    5. Once of the main page, select the System tab on the top.
    6. Click on the Reset to Defaults… button.
    7. The device will reboot back to the default settings after a few minutes.

XB1R Hydros, Feb 17, 2014
  4. jmcode
    jmcode Guest

Does your router support DHCP reservation (aka static DHCP IP)? If so, use that instead of setting a static IP on the Xbox One. If you aren't sure, please post the make and model of your router.

jmcode, Feb 17, 2014
  5. jmcode Win User

Does your router support DHCP reservation (aka static DHCP IP)? If so, use that instead of setting a static IP on the Xbox One. If you aren't sure, please post the make and model of your router.
  6. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

Xbox Live Connecting issues

Reset the old 360 network settings back to factory defaults.

Disconnect the old 360 from the internet (remove adapter).

Connect the new 360 to the network after a reset to factory defaults.

I would reboot your router/modem as well.
  7. BLACKMAGIC675 Win User

Network Settings

Hey mate this fix should do the trick

1: Go into modem. To find you default gateway go to cmd type in ipconfig and use the default gateway address in your browser

2: Go to UPnP and disable

3: Reboot modem

4: Enable UPnP

5: Hard reset xbox by holding power button untill it shuts down

6: turn on your xbox and go to network settings and you nat will be open
  8. taidara Win User

AT&T: Open NAT types for two Xboxes?

I did this but dmz is not working correctly it has strict nat type and cant even connect to xbox
    Could you go over the steps once more and assign each console a unique IP address (static and preferable, an IP (IP address/Subnet mask/Default Gateway/DNS) outside of the DHCP's scope of leasable addresses)). For one console, select custom port and save
    your changes.

Now, turn off both your consoles, and reboot your gateway.

Wait a couple of minutes for the gateway to boot properly.

Now try setup port forwarding rules for each Xbox.
  9. taidara Win User

CC to party (portforwarding has been done)

Is the Xbox directly connected to the Thompson gateway?

Could you reset your Thompson gateway to factory defaults. If you use PPPoE connectivity, then you have to know the username and password for your ISP's authentication.

Unplug all devices connected to your gateway (except the power supply). Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds. Power off the gateway for 2 minutes. Reconnect everything back up. Access your router's web utility interface and configure your wireless
    network. Make sure UPnP is ticked enabled. Save/Apply and reboot.

Turn on the Xbox and go to network settings. Select the Additional Settings tab. Select Restore network settings to factory defaults. Press "B" on your controller and select "Test Xbox LIVE Connection".

Let us know how that goes.
Thema:

1. DEFAULT GATEWAY RESETS AFTER EACH REBOOT - Similar Threads - DEFAULT GATEWAY RESETS

2. Xbox One Reset to default

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Reset to default: I bought an Xbox one from a relative who already has her user account logged in. This came with original DVD games. How do I reset this to default and re-install games. I want to be sure these...
  3. Gamepass App - No default Xbox to select

in XBoX on Mobile
    Gamepass App - No default Xbox to select: I'm having the same issue on 2 Xbox One S's. Game Pass app for Android 9. Xbox OS version 10.0.18362.6065 (19h1_release_xbox_dev_1908.190807-1720) Version is the same on both consoles. •Power...
  4. RESTART TO DEFAULT

in XBoX on Consoles
    RESTART TO DEFAULT: Hi everyone. Im going through restarting xbox one to defalut by flash drive. I follow instruciont on technicall support, hold bind and eject key. The restart goes up to 5% and then the console...
  5. Cannot Select a Default Drive on XBox PC App

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot Select a Default Drive on XBox PC App: Hi, this is driving me a bit nuts. I uninstalled the app, reinstalled the app. Rebooted and etc; but it will not let me select a default location. It just comes up blank. This is for any game and...
  6. Please give us the ability to change the default drive for installing games through the...

in XBoX on Windows
    Please give us the ability to change the default drive for installing games through the...: Hey devs, Please read through this. You have a great idea with the Xbox app with features that the previous app was missing. (Minimise to tray [thank you, finally], Push to talk [again...
  7. Menu games defaults in xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Menu games defaults in xbox one: I've been wondering why they don't make a default game menu for xbox one just like they did for xbox 360. The menu is super convenient and needs to be on xbox one. In the old players we can't play...
  8. The menu Game Defaults Available in xbox 360 will be launched for xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    The menu Game Defaults Available in xbox 360 will be launched for xbox one?: Several Xbox players are having trouble problems.In xbox 360 Players we are not finding the game defaults menu in xbox one.This makes us unwilling to play our xbox one games.So I ask Microsoft to...
  9. The menu:Game Defaults Available in xbox 360 coming soon in xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    The menu:Game Defaults Available in xbox 360 coming soon in xbox one?: The menu xbox 360 is cooming in xbox one.I need the menu for play games from category action and geral.It was certainly a menu very important in xbox 360 and needs to be added a to xbox one for to...
  10. BUG: Xbox One loses default gateway with static IP

in XBoX on Consoles
    BUG: Xbox One loses default gateway with static IP: Not sure if this has been reported. In my setup I use a static IP address yet my Xbox One loses the default gateway. If I'm on the system and do a turn off(standby mode), when I come back the...