Default search filters

Discus and support Default search filters in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My 9-year-old is set up as a family member with PEGI 7 age restrictions, yet the default filtering for searching games is 'PEGI All Ratings', so he... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Within Error, May 21, 2019.

1. Within Error
    Within Error Guest

Default search filters

My 9-year-old is set up as a family member with PEGI 7 age restrictions, yet the default filtering for searching games is 'PEGI All Ratings', so he immediately sees the cover graphics for all the games including PEGI 18. How can I change this so that the
    default filter is the same as his PEGI 7 rating?

:)

Within Error, May 21, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Default search filters

Hi
    Within Error

You can block kids' ability to purchase and use inappropriate apps, games, and media on Xbox One and Windows 10 devices by setting an age limit for content. For websites, see

Block inappropriate websites on Windows 10 and Xbox One
    . The easiest way to set the default age limit for content filtering is online, so I recommend looking over

Block inappropriate apps, games, and media on Windows 10 and Xbox One
    for information on how to set the default content filter online and from your Xbox One console.

I would also recommend restriction web filtering on the console:

To change the default setting for your child:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Go to System > Settings.
    3. Under Account, select Family settings >
      Manage family members
    4. Select the account for the family member whose settings you want to change, and then select
      Web filtering. Choose the appropriate setting.
    I hope this helps!
  3. jim10000-B5E2D2E0-AB Win User

ONE thing you could bring into Halo 4 from the previous games

Regional search filter for match making
  4. CyclopSW Win User

Xbox Promotions winner emails being blocked by Smartscreen

FYI, the automated mail from xbox.com to show a response also got filtered from SmartScreen, I'm just using the default filters
  5. adamma666 Win User

Sudden loss of Internet Connectivity - ICMP responses message

EDIT:

I just reset my router and applied the following settings:

Input Filter Sets:

protocol filters=

device filters=4

Output Filter Sets:

protocol filters=1

device filters=

Call Filter Sets:

protocol filters=1

device filters=

The Output Filter and Call Filter Sets protocol filters are at 1 per default. I now applied 4 to the Input Filter decive filter. Is this okay or am I still open for possible attacks? Should I apply 1 to the Input Filter protocol filter as well?
  6. DooMsDaYRangeR Win User

rent-a-server filter?

Use Search in the Server Browser to find Dice servers. Your search filter settings will be excluded though.
Thema:

Default search filters

1. Default search filters - Similar Threads - Default search filters

2. Xbox One Reset to default

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Reset to default: I bought an Xbox one from a relative who already has her user account logged in. This came with original DVD games. How do I reset this to default and re-install games. I want to be sure these...
  3. Gamepass App - No default Xbox to select

in XBoX on Mobile
    Gamepass App - No default Xbox to select: I'm having the same issue on 2 Xbox One S's. Game Pass app for Android 9. Xbox OS version 10.0.18362.6065 (19h1_release_xbox_dev_1908.190807-1720) Version is the same on both consoles. •Power...
  4. RESTART TO DEFAULT

in XBoX on Consoles
    RESTART TO DEFAULT: Hi everyone. Im going through restarting xbox one to defalut by flash drive. I follow instruciont on technicall support, hold bind and eject key. The restart goes up to 5% and then the console...
  5. Cannot Select a Default Drive on XBox PC App

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot Select a Default Drive on XBox PC App: Hi, this is driving me a bit nuts. I uninstalled the app, reinstalled the app. Rebooted and etc; but it will not let me select a default location. It just comes up blank. This is for any game and...
  6. Please give us the ability to change the default drive for installing games through the...

in XBoX on Windows
    Please give us the ability to change the default drive for installing games through the...: Hey devs, Please read through this. You have a great idea with the Xbox app with features that the previous app was missing. (Minimise to tray [thank you, finally], Push to talk [again...
  7. Menu games defaults in xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Menu games defaults in xbox one: I've been wondering why they don't make a default game menu for xbox one just like they did for xbox 360. The menu is super convenient and needs to be on xbox one. In the old players we can't play...
  8. The menu Game Defaults Available in xbox 360 will be launched for xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    The menu Game Defaults Available in xbox 360 will be launched for xbox one?: Several Xbox players are having trouble problems.In xbox 360 Players we are not finding the game defaults menu in xbox one.This makes us unwilling to play our xbox one games.So I ask Microsoft to...
  9. Xbox 360 game defaults is cooming to xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 game defaults is cooming to xbox one?: i played xbox 360 and i wanted to know if it had come in the future for xbox one for to buy an xbox one and being able to play games though my settings it will be possible in the future...
  10. The menu:Game Defaults Available in xbox 360 coming soon in xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    The menu:Game Defaults Available in xbox 360 coming soon in xbox one?: The menu xbox 360 is cooming in xbox one.I need the menu for play games from category action and geral.It was certainly a menu very important in xbox 360 and needs to be added a to xbox one for to...