Default search filters

Discus and support Default search filters in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My 9-year-old is set up as a family member with PEGI 7 age restrictions, yet the default filtering for searching games is 'PEGI All Ratings', so he... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Within Error, May 21, 2019.

1. Within Error
    Within Error Guest

Default search filters

My 9-year-old is set up as a family member with PEGI 7 age restrictions, yet the default filtering for searching games is 'PEGI All Ratings', so he immediately sees the cover graphics for all the games including PEGI 18. How can I change this so that the
    default filter is the same as his PEGI 7 rating?

:)

Within Error, May 21, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Default search filters

Hi
    Within Error

You can block kids' ability to purchase and use inappropriate apps, games, and media on Xbox One and Windows 10 devices by setting an age limit for content. For websites, see

Block inappropriate websites on Windows 10 and Xbox One
    . The easiest way to set the default age limit for content filtering is online, so I recommend looking over

Block inappropriate apps, games, and media on Windows 10 and Xbox One
    for information on how to set the default content filter online and from your Xbox One console.

I would also recommend restriction web filtering on the console:

To change the default setting for your child:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Go to System > Settings.
    3. Under Account, select Family settings >
      Manage family members
    4. Select the account for the family member whose settings you want to change, and then select
      Web filtering. Choose the appropriate setting.
    I hope this helps!
  3. jim10000-B5E2D2E0-AB Win User

ONE thing you could bring into Halo 4 from the previous games

Regional search filter for match making
  4. CyclopSW Win User

Xbox Promotions winner emails being blocked by Smartscreen

FYI, the automated mail from xbox.com to show a response also got filtered from SmartScreen, I'm just using the default filters
  5. adamma666 Win User

Sudden loss of Internet Connectivity - ICMP responses message

EDIT:

I just reset my router and applied the following settings:

Input Filter Sets:

protocol filters=

device filters=4

Output Filter Sets:

protocol filters=1

device filters=

Call Filter Sets:

protocol filters=1

device filters=

The Output Filter and Call Filter Sets protocol filters are at 1 per default. I now applied 4 to the Input Filter decive filter. Is this okay or am I still open for possible attacks? Should I apply 1 to the Input Filter protocol filter as well?
  6. DooMsDaYRangeR Win User

rent-a-server filter?

Use Search in the Server Browser to find Dice servers. Your search filter settings will be excluded though.
Thema:

Default search filters

1. Default search filters - Similar Threads - Default search filters

2. Gamepass App - No default Xbox to select

in XBoX on Mobile
    Gamepass App - No default Xbox to select: My Gamepass app (Android) is unable to find a default Xbox for me to select so I download games from the app. I have been through all the checks suggested in help e.g. settings with the console...
  3. How to request password to reset factory defaults

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to request password to reset factory defaults: Hi, I configured the family control and guest key, but my son can restart the console to factory defaults .... the system allows to do this even when there is no user connected... how to prevent...
  4. I can't set up my Xbox One as default on Xbox Game Pass mobile app

in XBoX on Mobile
    I can't set up my Xbox One as default on Xbox Game Pass mobile app: I'm struggling with setting my Xbox One as default on the Xbox Game Pass app for Android. When I click on any game and then I click on "Install on Xbox" (the green box at the bottom of the...
  5. Cannot update the Xbox One console (Xbox Developer Kit) after restore factory defaults

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot update the Xbox One console (Xbox Developer Kit) after restore factory defaults: I got a Xbox One console from my friend and it's a developer kit machine (there are XDK/Xbox Developer Kit signs on the front), I want to play it as a retail one, so I tried to restore factory...
  6. Profile Picture resetting to default

in XBoX on Consoles
    Profile Picture resetting to default: The issue is my gamerpic keeps restting to default so when i log in i have my old default image and when i look at my friends profiles they all have the old default images but to them they have...
  7. Xbox keeps going back to factory defaults

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox keeps going back to factory defaults: Hi. My Xbox keeps resetting. In that I mean if I turn off I have to go through the process of setting it all up again when I turn back on. Like it s brand new out of the box. What keeps causing...
  8. My username has changed back to default

in XBoX Accessibility
    My username has changed back to default: My username has changed to default when i had [mod removed -personal information] for along time know its changed to FancyJoey460844 b9525486-f238-4b53-9b7f-d40745a8a771
  9. Default difficulty settings for all games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Default difficulty settings for all games: Hi everyone, I just bought an Xbox one today I just have a question. On the the Xbox 360 even tought I know this sound crazy a sub menu in the profil menu located in the settings menu that...
  10. Final Fantasy Lightning Return default Japanese on Xbox One X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Final Fantasy Lightning Return default Japanese on Xbox One X?: I bought a Xbox One X, and I want to use it to play Final Fantasy Lightning Return with the enhanced graphics. The games is the digital version. All my XB360, XB1, XB1 X set to Traditional...