Defective Xbox Wireless Headset Breakage - How can I get help?

Discus and support Defective Xbox Wireless Headset Breakage - How can I get help? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; In December of 2021, I purchased the Xbox Wireless Headset directly from Microsoft. The product came with 1 year of warranty service due to expire in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LiamLAC, Jul 23, 2022.

1. LiamLAC
    LiamLAC Guest

In December of 2021, I purchased the Xbox Wireless Headset directly from Microsoft. The product came with 1 year of warranty service due to expire in December 2022. The problem began a few days ago, when I clicked the "Mute" button on the Microphone's arm and was distressed to notice that the casing on the arm had cracked and snapped, leading to the wire to become completely exposed and the arm to hang loosely (This is visible in the images attached).

After attempting to claim warranty using the online service, I was told this was unavailable and I would have to contact Microsoft directly. I was then led to the Hardware Department, who said, "to be honest", that they would not do anything due to physical damage. This would be understandable, but the product in this situation was defective as opposed to the damage coming from my own fault as I have never dropped, collided objects against, or otherwise damaged the product in the months I have used it. Furthermore, the arm is designed to be flexible so this damage is a design flaw for certain.

Then, I spent some time researching this issue to see if others had experienced a similar fault. I was shocked to find multiple posts of people who had not only the same damage, but the same damage in a similar size, shape, location, and vector to the damage I had experienced. From this, I have concluded that the issue is certainly derived from a design flaw, or a batch flaw, rather than my own carelessness.

The posts referred to include, but are not limited to, the few I have linked here:

- March 18, 2022 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...uct-poor/4de76c35-0631-4c9c-bf91-def6ee3caf3a

- March 15, 2022
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...t-repair/ed6c30ec-7883-4c1a-8e7a-bcaccb70cb55

- February 17, 2022 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...4448-b9c0-7782c0ebb503?rtAction=1647611594544

Overall, my question is how do I raise this to someone who won't just ignore me? Is there a way to contact someone who can help me?

I noticed that others have had people reach them and come to a positive result, and I'm hopeful that I'll get a similar response from someone who can aid me.

I am a loyal customer to Xbox and Microsoft. I own an Xbox Series X, GamePass Ultimate, 2 Rechargeable Xbox Controllers, and - of course - this headset. I'm a lifelong fan of Xbox because I love their quality, care, and passion clearly put into their products and I would recommend this to any of my friends.

However, I feel frustrated, burdened, and especially dissapointed at the lack of customer service or support I've received throughout this process. If the customer service isn't up to scratch, how can I stay loyal to the products Xbox make?

Thanks for reading this, and I hope that I can reach someone who will be able to support me.

Defective Xbox Wireless Headset Breakage - How can I get help? [​IMG]

Defective Xbox Wireless Headset Breakage - How can I get help? [​IMG]

The Images In Reference

:)

LiamLAC, Jul 23, 2022
  2. SGT SADLER Win User

How does it work with the headset

I'm personally waiting for a Wireless headset there isn't 1 wireless headset on the market they all say they wireless but have this rediculous cord going from headset to controller which seems to always catch on something and cause strangling or breakage
    of cord i have somehow broken 2 headsets that came with the One cause of a silly cord to controller, bring back the Microsoft Wireless Headset .
  3. JASON RMOORE Win User

XBox Wireless Headset - Defective Product & Poor Warrant Claim Service

I also posted that my Wireless Headset broke in the same exact location and way that Big.Sugar's did. You can see my pics at the bottom of this post. I also tried to get a repair order started on mine and the Microsoft website won't let me. My headset is registered and still under warranty. How do I get this defective mic arm fixed or replaced?
  4. JUICE 5150 Win User

Do you feel bad leaving Xbox for PlayStation?

I feel about as bad as M$ did selling me 4 defective consoles, 8 defective wireless headsets, and recalling my racing wheel cause it could catch on fire.
  5. Photonimus Win User

How to preserve my Xbox 360 and Original Xbox

No no no....

Opening an Xbox will get you a console ban...

Compressed air and external fans violate all warranties, and can cause extra hardware breakage.
  6. Burnin TODI Win User

Tritton 7.1 and Xbox One

Here is how I understand the whole headset compatability works (maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong):

GAME AUDIO

If your headset gets the game audio via a box linked to your gaming machine via optic audio out - this audio will continue to work as designed, as the xbox One has optic out as well.

CHAT AUDIO

If your headset gets the chat audio via a direct bluetooth wireless link to the xbox360 machine - then this headset will not work with chat audio on the xbox One.

If your headset gets the chat audio wireless via a bluetooth puck that plugs into the 360 controller (not a direct wireless link to the gaming machine) -then this may work with the xbox One depending on how the forthcoming adapter works with next gen controllers.

If your headset gets the chat audio via a cable directly connected to your xbox360 controller - then this may work on the xbox One depending on how the upcoming adapter works with the xbox One controller.
Thema:

1. Defective Xbox Wireless Headset Breakage - How can I get help? - Similar Threads - Defective Wireless Headset

2. Xbox series x recently opened with defective plastic.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x recently opened with defective plastic.: [img] I bought a new xbox series x from the microsoft online store and when I opened it, I noticed that certain areas of the front of the shell, especially around the home button and through the...
  3. Links defective

in XBoX on Windows
    Links defective: Disc: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/troubleshooting/game-installation-process-stops Digital: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/store/download-game-problem Clicking either of these...
  4. Xbox headset defective product

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox headset defective product: Can someone from Microsoft please help me with this issue.it seems that the Xbox wireless headsets has a defect. The plastic around the mute button has cracked and the mic is hanging by the 2...
  5. Xbox controllers are defective

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controllers are defective: Xbox controllers break down too easily and people have been complaining for years. Xbox has such a steady supply of new players that by the time people learn how bad the controllers are and...
  6. XBox Wireless Headset - Defective Product & Poor Warrant Claim Service

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Wireless Headset - Defective Product & Poor Warrant Claim Service: In Jan 2022 I purchased the XBox Wireless Headset from the Microsoft Store. Yesterday, while using it, I adjusted the microphone arm and it just snapped and broke where the mute button is located...
  7. Xbox design controller defective on arrival / from factory

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox design controller defective on arrival / from factory: Hi, I am here to tell you my experience today with Microsoft support (chat and phone). I ordered 2 Xbox design lab controllers which arrived on Monday 7/03/2022. One of the controllers had the...
  8. Xbox Controller Defective

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Defective: My God, how do I contact Microsoft for warranty support? Everything I've tried keeps giving me automated assistant or directing me to these discussions. I bought a controller a month ago, and the...
  9. Windows wireless adapter for Xbox controller defect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows wireless adapter for Xbox controller defect: I recently bought a Xbox controller with a USB wireless adapter for a Windows PC. It very quickly stopped working (it doesn't light up and it doesn't connect to the controller). I have tried every...
  10. Xbox one wireless controller defective d-pad

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one wireless controller defective d-pad: I've never been comfortable with the d-pad on my xbox one controller, it always seemed to miss inputs. But today I decided to actually test to see if it wasn't defective, and tried playing street...