Delaying update makes console forget wireless password

Discus and support Delaying update makes console forget wireless password in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is a bug report. This bug is very easily dealt with. When the update came through my wife and I needed to watch something on TV right away, so I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jack1342, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Jack1342
    Jack1342 Guest

This is a bug report. This bug is very easily dealt with.

When the update came through my wife and I needed to watch something on TV right away, so I selected the option of disconnecting from the internet. Later I rebooted to trigger the update again, but the console said there had been an 'unknown problem' and
    to contact Microsoft support. Instead I tinkered a bit and found out that the Xbox had forgotten the password to my wireless network. Problem solved, update successful. But I could see it causing a big headache for support.

:)

Jack1342, Feb 17, 2014
  2. Milad FHTNT
    Milad FHTNT Guest
    Forget password

I forget my password of the family protect, can anybody help me?

Milad FHTNT, Feb 17, 2014
  3. HSUNDEVIL74
    HSUNDEVIL74 Guest
    forget password

Hi my son forget his password and the secret answer, hi is a gold member
    [MOD REMOVED]
    please help THANKS...

HSUNDEVIL74, Feb 17, 2014
  4. onyxishere Win User

forget password

5. onyxishere Win User

Forget password

Hey guys, as this thread is over 2 years old I'd like to ask that you create new ones in the future detailing your issues.

In the meantime passcode resets can only be done via phone support. Please click the link below to get the number for your regions.

support.xbox.com/contact-us
  6. SmokierAgenda48 Win User

Forget password

I also having issues with my Parental code. I don't recall ever setting up a parental code, and as the phone lady, who speaks horrible English, tried to walk me through the process it did not work. So I spent money on this thing that I now essentially cannot
    use, because I can't change a code that I never anyway. I think I'm about done with XBoxes. This is extremely frustrating and annoying.
  7. Hedrick III Pulpul Win User

Forget password

If you're referring to the 4 digit passcode on Xbox 360, you need to contact Xbox Support via chat or phone for them to guide you resetting the parental control.
  8. JESSUS CHRIST 5 Win User

Forget password

Im stuck with the same problem, I need the MASTERCODE. I asked the ambassador if it was 666, he said no.
Thema:

1. Delaying update makes console forget wireless password - Similar Threads - Delaying update makes

2. Do you want to delay the next update?

in XboX Insiders
    Do you want to delay the next update?: No pop up just booted offline. Come on guys if I'm playing a game. Saw the notification. Why force the update if its unnecessary or a "beta" Seriously. Was on GEARS 5 wave 49 insane let me ignore...
  3. friends list delayed on updating at startup

in XboX Insiders
    friends list delayed on updating at startup: when turning the console on it takes a long time for friends list to actually update submitted by /u/lcg22 [link] [comments]
  4. Why not add the function to delay updates?

in XboX Insiders
    Why not add the function to delay updates?: So why hasn’t the ability to delay/postpone updates been implemented into Xbox. It’s been in windows for a while however Xbox is missing on a simple function? Yes i understand the concept of xbox...
  5. Xbox Preview Alpha Update delayed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Preview Alpha Update delayed: Good Morning, I'am a Xbox Preview Alpha, but I'm not getting more receiving updates since February be2a29b1-d33d-4f9a-96b9-fd32f38e99b5
  6. Major delay on updating??

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Major delay on updating??: Just how long dies it actually take for the Xbox quests to update? Last month I had to post about the aging friends quest AFTER the end of the month to get it fixed for me when I went the whole...
  7. delaying an update should not disconnect your from xbox live.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    delaying an update should not disconnect your from xbox live.: Thanks to your update I lost a 2 hours playtime of kingdom come deliverance. If I want to pass on update so I can save my game I shouldn't be logged out. I know this can be solved with setting...
  8. Xbox Preview Alpha Update delayed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Preview Alpha Update delayed: Good Morning, I'am a Xbox Preview Alpha, but I'm not getting more receiving updates since February be2a29b1-d33d-4f9a-96b9-fd32f38e99b5
  9. Update delay button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Update delay button: Why do I have to be kicked out of what I'm doing for an update? Even on PC I can hit a button to delay the update or remind me later if I'm doing something. Some people actually care about their...
  10. 2017 Spring Update Messages arrive delayed and without notification.

in XBoX on Consoles
    2017 Spring Update Messages arrive delayed and without notification.: After applying the 2017 Spring Update on the Xbox One, messages tend to arrive delayed (sometimes hours) and there's no notification for them. If I go to the Xbox Guide over the Xbox button, the...