Delete All XBOX Files from Hard Drive

Discus and support Delete All XBOX Files from Hard Drive in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Please forgive what might be a really silly question, but here goes: If I promise to never, ever, EVER use an XBOX Game on my itty bitty crappy... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Asking4AFriend, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Delete All XBOX Files from Hard Drive

Please forgive what might be a really silly question, but here goes: If I promise to never, ever, EVER use an XBOX Game on my itty bitty crappy laptop-lite device, can I delete any and all XBOX related files? I have a laptop with only a 30GB drive, so I
    need every ounce of space for only the most useful programs and apps. I hope I selected the right radio buttons to get me into the right queue.

Asking for a friend, and thanks you for whatever direction or concurrence you offer.

:)

Asking4AFriend, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Default_636 Win User

Yes, you can delate all Xbox files in your PC, what I do not know is if you can with the apps and companions.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

There really aren't Xbox related files on your Hard Drive that take up a lot of space. The Xbox apps usually are only UI elements for core parts in Windows that can't be removed anyways (for example the parts that handle signing into your Microsoft Account
    for basically everything from OneDrive, to Mail Apps, the Store etc.)

The apps themselves are just a few kilobyte, and unless you can right click an app to uninstall it, it's not recommended to delete it.

The few kilobytes you'd save will bite you in the rear if a critical Windows Update fails because you "hacked" these apps to be gone via PowerShell commands.

While there are instructions on how to remove these apps via Powershell, I advise against it, as it might cause issues with updating/upgrading to future Windows versions.

So, in all, it's not worth the time or effort to try to remove the Xbox apps, as you don't gain significant space. Simply unpin the Xbox tiles from the main start menu and pretend they aren't there.
  4. CamicaziBoss Win User

Some pre-installed apps come as part of the OS and cannot be removed. Deleting their files will not uninstall the app, it will just make it non-functional until the files come back with the next Windows update. If the Xbox apps and files are removable, then
    go ahead (you just need to delete both), but they might just reappear come update time.

If you're really concerned about space, an external hard drive could be your very best friend.
  5. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Please forgive what might be a really silly question, but here goes: If I promise to never, ever, EVER use an XBOX Game on my itty bitty crappy laptop-lite device, can I delete any and all XBOX related files? I have a laptop with only a 30GB drive, so I
    need every ounce of space for only the most useful programs and apps. I hope I selected the right radio buttons to get me into the right queue.

Asking for a friend, and thanks you for whatever direction or concurrence you offer.
    The app are part of the os it would easier to upgrade the laptop drive or use a external
  6. Attika93HUN Win User

If U dont use your laptop, you can delete your xbox realted files.
Thema:

1. Delete All XBOX Files from Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Delete Files Hard

2. How do I make Xbox (beta) delete the installation files once a game is installed?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I make Xbox (beta) delete the installation files once a game is installed?: I have been wondering where all of the space on my PC is going, buying new SSD's and still running low... I've just discovered that Xbox (Beta) Game Pass is sitting on about 200Gb of files in its...
  3. Save File randomly deleted and no appearing on cloud saves

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Save File randomly deleted and no appearing on cloud saves: My wwe 2k20 save progress has been lost, when i logged into the game this evening i found all my progress was gone so i closed the game and redownloaded my save from the cloud but when i got back...
  4. Cancelled installation taking up disk space - cannot reinstall or delete files?

in XBoX on Windows
    Cancelled installation taking up disk space - cannot reinstall or delete files?: Hi all, Yesterday, I tried to download The Outer Wilds, and my connection was bad, so I cancelled the download. Today, I tried again, except I don't have enough disk space anymore, because the...
  5. In Game Pass for PC, uninstalling a game also deletes the save files?

in XBoX on Windows
    In Game Pass for PC, uninstalling a game also deletes the save files?: Does Xbox Game Pass for PC have cloud saves? Does uninstalling the game also delete the save files? I had an issue with Vampyr so I uninstalled and re-installed thinking it would help. After...
  6. Can xbox one read external drives in exFAT format, delete files from them or download new ones ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can xbox one read external drives in exFAT format, delete files from them or download new ones ...: Can xbox one read external drives in exFAT format, delete files from them or download new ones from the Internet? f68074af-48ed-4f11-85b2-36c4ef7b596c
  7. Accidentally Deleted File

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accidentally Deleted File: So I was about to load up my game, and I got a bit frigidity with my controller and accidentally deleted my game file. Is it possible to recover it, and if so, how would I go about doing it?...
  8. Can I still continue with my game progrees If I delete the file on teh hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I still continue with my game progrees If I delete the file on teh hard drive: As the title says, could I still carry on with my game progress without the saved data being accessed eg if its been deleted ? Thanks 6250da00-a2d8-4905-8bf7-bd65f7f0c632
  9. Delete a Cloud Saved Game File

in XBoX on Consoles
    Delete a Cloud Saved Game File: Hey there. I was basically wondering if there is a way to delete a file and the Xbox cloud service. I would like to start Horizon 3 from scratch for every time, it's synced with my cloud...
  10. Xbox freezing hard drive wont delete corrupt files

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox freezing hard drive wont delete corrupt files: So I have been on the phone with support for about an hour trying to figure out why im xbox decided to go crazy. My xbox started freezing this morning so I went to my hard drive and notice most...