Delete Xbox Gamertag from Microsoft account without deleting Microsoft account

Discus and support Delete Xbox Gamertag from Microsoft account without deleting Microsoft account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have a secondary Microsoft account that has an unused Xbox Gamertag associated with it. I would like to remove / delete the unused Xbox gamertag,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by GR412, Aug 23, 2019.

1. GR412
    GR412 Guest

I have a secondary Microsoft account that has an unused Xbox Gamertag associated with it.

I would like to remove / delete the unused Xbox gamertag, but I don't want to delete / close the Microsoft account.

In the end I would like my Microsoft account to have no Xbox gamertags.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

:)

GR412, Aug 23, 2019
  2. Flymonkey102 Win User

3. Njal the Blue Win User

You can't remove the Xbox account from your Microsoft account, I am sorry to say.
  4. pawncrackers Win User

How to delete a Xbox Gamertag from a Microsoft Account - without deleting the Microsoft Account

Hi there,

Regrettably, there is not a way to remove the Gamertag from your account. The only way to potentially do this, is to pay for several Gamertag changes and to hope nobody takes your original one, once it's
    out in the wild.

You will have to supply another email address when attempting to add the Gamertag you want, to it.

Best,

L
  5. xVSVP Win User

How to delete a Xbox Gamertag from a Microsoft Account - without deleting the Microsoft Account

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply.

And I would love to add the email that I want as a secondary one. But since it's connected to the secondary account, it is not possible for me to connect it to my primary account. That's the problem that I have right now.

When I try to add my email there is always this information that pops up - "This e-mail address is part of a reserved domain.
    Enter a different e-mail address."

What can I do to fix this?
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello VSVP,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. You can add the email you want on your main account as a secondary email. If you delete the account all is gone. There is no way to just remove the gamer tag unless you pay to have it changed. Here are
    a few links that will help you.

1. To close the account--https://support.xbox.com/my-account/microsoft-account/cancel-microsoft-account
    2. add email to account--https://support.xbox.com/my-account/security/add-security-contact-information
    3. how to change gamer tag--https://support.xbox.com/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/change-xbox-live-gamertag
    We recommend just add the email you want as a secondary email to your main account.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Delete Xbox Gamertag from Microsoft account without deleting Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Delete Gamertag Microsoft

2. How to delete a Xbox Gamertag from a Microsoft Account - without deleting the Microsoft Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to delete a Xbox Gamertag from a Microsoft Account - without deleting the Microsoft Account: Hello, I have the following concern: I want to delete my second Xbox Gamertag. The only problem is that this gamertag is linked to my email, which I actively use. As far as I could find out, you...
  3. Deleted Microsoft account but gamertag is still viewable

in XBoX Accessibility
    Deleted Microsoft account but gamertag is still viewable: Hi, After asking for help about deleting my Xbox account a couple of years ago, I was told the only way to do so would be to delete the Microsoft account it was attached to. I did this at the...
  4. Deleting my Gamertag (Microsoft Account) completely

in XBoX on Consoles
    Deleting my Gamertag (Microsoft Account) completely: Split from this thread. please Delect my Microsoft acount account e57c58fa-13e0-40d8-97ae-df34459cf4c3
  5. Deleting a gamertag associated with my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Deleting a gamertag associated with my Microsoft account: Hi, Is it possible to delete a gamertag associated with my Microsoft Account ? My main gamertag is associated with an Microsoft Account I created years ago when I bought my 360. I sold that...
  6. is there really still no way to just delete a gamertag from your microsoft account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    is there really still no way to just delete a gamertag from your microsoft account?: is there still no way I can delete my xbox live gamertag from my microsoft account even though I don't use said xbox live gamertag? 18648bd1-fd79-477d-906b-487498179aaa
  7. Gamertag deleted or account suspensions, Microsoft Support won´t be able to help me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag deleted or account suspensions, Microsoft Support won´t be able to help me: Hello, my situation is the following: I had a XBOX360 and a Gamertag "xxx" with an Microsoft Account eMail "*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***". For about 3 years...
  8. Deleting my Gamertag but retaining my Microsoft account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Deleting my Gamertag but retaining my Microsoft account?: Okay, I'll try and keep this as simple as possible. Recently, due to unfortunate circumstances, I am no longer in possession of the Xbox 360 I used to own. Although I had not used the Xbox 360 in...
  9. Why can't Microsoft delete old and unused gamertags

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't Microsoft delete old and unused gamertags: I just want to retrieve my old gamertag from back in the original Xbox days. I don't recall my information from back then so calling doesn't help. How is it that Microsoft doesn't just delete...
  10. Microsoft unwilling/unable to delete Live ID & Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft unwilling/unable to delete Live ID & Gamertag: I spent 2 hours on the phone today, having to call back after call drops (perfect signal here) 3 times. All I want to do is delete a Live.com email address, as well as a gamertag associated with...