deleting email account and creating a new primary email

Discus and support deleting email account and creating a new primary email in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; If I delete my email on xbox and add a new email and make it my primary email on my xbox will I lose my games I have purchased? I am not deleting my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DauntingBacon17, Jan 13, 2021.

1. deleting email account and creating a new primary email

If I delete my email on xbox and add a new email and make it my primary email on my xbox will I lose my games I have purchased? I am not deleting my xbox account, I am just changing the primary email.

:)

DauntingBacon17, Jan 13, 2021
  2. dempup Win User

3. DauntingBacon17 Win User

I can delete the old email address then?
  4. ll Merkaba ll Win User

Change gamertag email on Xbox One

I changed the email on my gamer tag by signing in to microsoft live account, creating a new alias and assigning it as the primary account, then deleting the old alias.
  5. RafaelCBF0 Win User

old email address.

Sure I can help.

First go to: https://account.live.com

Sign in using the email and password that you use to sign in to your Xbox account.

Now go to Account aliases>Add alias

Now you will get 2 options: Create a new email address and add it as an alias and Add an existing email address as a Microsoft account alias

Create a new email address and add it as an alias will let you create a brand new email ending with @Outlook @Live or @Hotmail

Add an existing email address as a Microsoft account alias will let you add an email that you have already created on to your account (it can be anything, even if it is not a valid email, so check your spelling)

If you choose Create a new email address and add it as an alias : once you create the new email it will kick you back to "Account aliases", click on "Make Primary" under the new email and it will make it the new email on your account, you will now use it
    to sign in to your Xbox and Xbox.com.

If you choose Add an existing email address as a Microsoft account alias: Once you add the email that you want it will kick you back to "Account aliases", from here, click on "Verify", it will send you a verification link to the new email, you must go to
    your email, login, and click on the verification link, after you do that, come back to account.live.com , go back to "Account Alias", and now click on "Make Primary" under the new email and it will make it the new email on your account, you will now use it
    to sign in to your Xbox and Xbox.com.

To delete the old email: Once you have a new primary email, click on "remove" under the old email to remove it.

Have a nice day.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

How to remove my Xbox one account on phone

Hello Autumn,

If you are wanting to change primary email from one account to another there are steps to take to do this. As long as it is not an Microsoft email like Hotmail, outlook, live or MSN. If it is not one of these you will:

1. This is very important Do these only if either primary email are not Microsoft emails as if you use them for anything else they will be deleted.
    2. Create an email you can add that you want the email from. Verify the email, then make it primary.
    3. Remove the email you are wanting from that account after you do step 1.
    4. Log into the account you want the email on and add as a secondary and verify it.
    5. If the primary is not a Microsoft then you can change it to the primary.

Remember if they are not Microsoft emails you may do these steps. If they are and you use them as soon as you remove it from an account it is deleted and unusable.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. deleting email account and creating a new primary email - Similar Threads - deleting email account

2. can i delete my Xbox account and add the email from the deleted account to the new one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can i delete my Xbox account and add the email from the deleted account to the new one?: I got an Xbox1 3years ago I was 11 I made an account and put it to my main email but over time I realized Xbox live and that acc was still bound I logged out and made a new acc when I tried to add...
  3. no longer have access to email and dk the password to delete account

in XBoX on Mobile
    no longer have access to email and dk the password to delete account: I have an xbox account that I longer know the password to and I want to delete it but I can't change the password because I no longer have access to the email I used...
  4. My main account is a child account on a deleted email. How do I get it back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My main account is a child account on a deleted email. How do I get it back?: My main account (TrazicalLucid) is a child account after being with my parents for acreen time and atuff for a few years. We recently removed it from that family, and I can bo longer add it to a...
  5. My Microsoft/Xbox Account was somehow Deleted by a different email account. HELP!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Microsoft/Xbox Account was somehow Deleted by a different email account. HELP!!!: I don't know what to do. I tried calling customer support and it just gives me an automated message to go to the website Help page. I can't find anything on how to recover an account that was...
  6. if i permanently delete my Microsoft account can open new one with the same email address...

in XBoX Accessibility
    if i permanently delete my Microsoft account can open new one with the same email address...: if i permanently delete my Microsoft account can open new one with the same email address and phone number d679601d-cda7-48bc-8a99-78774d444ec0
  7. How to change XBOX account WITHOUT DELETEING the old email.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to change XBOX account WITHOUT DELETEING the old email.: Simply as the title suggests, how can I change the email of the xbox account, not microsoft because when you are a kid you asked your perents permission to make an account but now since Im at old...
  8. Deleted Email Account associated to Microsoft Account - Can't Sign Into Microsoft

in XBoX on Consoles
    Deleted Email Account associated to Microsoft Account - Can't Sign Into Microsoft: Hello all, I found my old xbox 360 laying about in my relative's house and decided to try to start it. When I tried to log into my account, it prompts me to log into my email. The problem is, I...
  9. HELP! MY ACCOUNT WAS HACKED AND THE PERSON DELETED MY EMAIL ADDRESS AND PUT THEIR EMAIL...

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP! MY ACCOUNT WAS HACKED AND THE PERSON DELETED MY EMAIL ADDRESS AND PUT THEIR EMAIL...: HELP! MY ACCOUNT WAS HACKED AND THE PERSON DELETED MY EMAIL ADDRESS AND PUT THEIR EMAIL ADDRESS AND NOW THEY ARE USING MY GAMER TAG. I HAVE TRIED TO CALL XBOX CANT GET THROUGH, I TRIED TO CHAT...
  10. If I delete an account, can I reuse the email on another account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I delete an account, can I reuse the email on another account?: I created an account a long time ago that I don’t use, and now I want to change my alias on my account that actually use. 46184603-a58e-4727-9314-a2c1bdb3938e