Deleting files or folders being stored locally

Discus and support Deleting files or folders being stored locally in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have videos, music, pictures, and some documents stored locally. I can not access any of them to delete what is a sizable amount of memory being... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by This Name here, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Deleting files or folders being stored locally

I have videos, music, pictures, and some documents stored locally. I can not access any of them to delete what is a sizable amount of memory being taken up. I have stored at the very least 40+GBs of music and audio books alone. Is there a way to access
    them and delete them from my xbox without having to do a factory reset?

:)

This Name here, Feb 16, 2020
  2. This Name here Win User

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently inquiring about how to mange files stored on your console locally.

As per
    this
    post by Xbox Insider "File Explorer is no longer available on Xbox One. The app has been removed due to limited usage."

However, you should still be able to find apps on the Store that service a similar purpose and may assist you with fulfilling your needs.

I hope this is of some use to you.
    I tried all the Apps except the ones that require me to buy them. None of them gave me access to the files to where I can delete them. Only add new files via said apps. Thanks for your time and help but this was indeed my last resort.
  3. This Name here Win User

Hi ,

As a suggestion, perhaps you can "copy"/transfer all of your downloaded games to an External USB 3 Hard Drive via the system menu, turn your Xbox off, unplug the HDD, then do a full factory reset. A USB HDD is pretty cheap now - I personally have a Seagate
    4Tb and a Western Digital 4Tb drive which I use on my Xboxs. My internal Xbox hard drive pretty much only has the OS/system and some Apps. Games run great, even faster loading than from the internal hard drive, and it means you can do a full reset of your
    Xbox without having to redownload everything.

Full factory reset:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

Using your USB port:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/accessories/usb-port-use

Managing (external) storage:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/storage/manage-storage

including running your games directly from the USB HDD

Do you think this might help you? :)
    Yeah that's what I was planning to do. I was hoping that since there is a way to save stuff and content on to my xbox there should be a way to access them without having to pay for something that I should already freely have access to. I just hoped there
    would be a way to just delete them from the console without having to spend money on something I should already have access to. Thanks again for the feedback and have a good day.
  4. XBF Eladio M Win User

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently inquiring about how to mange files stored on your console locally.

As per
    this
    post by Xbox Insider "File Explorer is no longer available on Xbox One. The app has been removed due to limited usage."

However, you should still be able to find apps on the Store that service a similar purpose and may assist you with fulfilling your needs.

I hope this is of some use to you.
  5. MithrilFlame Win User

Hi This Name here,

As a suggestion, perhaps you can "copy"/transfer all of your downloaded games to an External USB 3 Hard Drive via the system menu, turn your Xbox off, unplug the HDD, then do a full factory reset. A USB 3 HDD is pretty cheap now - I personally have a Seagate
    4Tb and a Western Digital 4Tb drive which I use on my Xboxs. My internal Xbox hard drive pretty much only has the OS/system and some Apps. Games run great, even faster loading than from the internal hard drive, and it means you can do a full reset of your
    Xbox without having to redownload everything.

Full factory reset:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

Using your USB port:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/accessories/usb-port-use

Managing (external) storage:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/storage/manage-storage

including running your games directly from the USB HDD

Do you think this might help you? :)
  6. ashleybradley Win User

unable to start up the xbox companion app

fixed it i had to go to the xbox profile identifier folder in my appdate local folders and delete the old account and cache folders as it was trying to use the old files once deleted signed in immediately.
Thema:

1. Deleting files or folders being stored locally - Similar Threads - Deleting files folders

2. I cant delete files from failed download.

in XBoX on Windows
    I cant delete files from failed download.: I bought the Xbox Game Pass recently and i started downloading Forza Horizon 4. When this download process continues i stopped the download and closed my pc. After i opened again i cant seemed to...
  3. game files saving to "documents" folder in OneDrive. Why and if I try to delete it from...

in XBoX on Windows
    game files saving to "documents" folder in OneDrive. Why and if I try to delete it from...: Hello, I'm new to PC gaming and haven't used Windows in years (because I used an android tablet as my pc for 5 years) so I may be slow at understanding some responses (sorry in advance) I bought...
  4. Xbox game bar takes clips of netflix when im asleep and deletes video files from my computer

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar takes clips of netflix when im asleep and deletes video files from my computer: The subject says it all, I read the may update for windows was trash and deleted peoples files so i stopped all updates until mid june then i accidentally updated , 3 days later I notice whenever...
  5. HELP!!!! Uninstalling won't help because Files have hidden locked files that won't delete....

in XBoX on Windows
    HELP!!!! Uninstalling won't help because Files have hidden locked files that won't delete....: I Been playing playing pso2 on pc after I initially installed it from the store like you normally do now it started acting up and tried reinstalling suddenly. I uninstalled the game but if I want...
  6. How do I delete cloud save file on Xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I delete cloud save file on Xbox one?: I’ve followed the step by step instructions on the support page on how to delete cloud save files but I don’t have the option to “delete from everywhere” and when I go to my storage I only have...
  7. Game File Accidentially Deleted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game File Accidentially Deleted: Hi there, This morning, originally, I completed the seasonal event for the Mitsubishi Starion yesterday and it said it was not completed today when I logged on in the morning. I also completed...
  8. files deletion in xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    files deletion in xbox: i recently found out that microsoft edge had launched their update . i wanted it on my xbox so i went to microsoft edge update on edge on xbox one i downloaded the .exe file and it couldnt work so...
  9. 37 GB file in a MSIXVC folder I can't access or delete

in XBoX Games and Apps
    37 GB file in a MSIXVC folder I can't access or delete: My problem is with the Xbox PC gamepass version of Outer Worlds. I recently tried to play OW after several weeks of not playing it. When hitting "play" from the Xbox PC app, it would not launch...
  10. Error 0x80070780 - The file cannot be accessed by the system. How can I delete this folder?

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80070780 - The file cannot be accessed by the system. How can I delete this folder?: I tried installing the game "A Plague Tale: Innocence - Windows 10". It had some issues installing so I started digging into it and went to the c:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder to try to delete...