Deleting games after Reformatting C Drive

Discus and support Deleting games after Reformatting C Drive in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; After some driver issues, I decided to reinstall Windows 10 on my C drive. This involved me reformatting the drive and it removing all of my apps. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ItsBadLuckChuck, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Deleting games after Reformatting C Drive

After some driver issues, I decided to reinstall Windows 10 on my C drive. This involved me reformatting the drive and it removing all of my apps. I re-installed the Xbox app and I can't play the games. Now I am running into a storage issue since the games
    are installed on a different drive and the app can't locate them. Along with that, I can't access the folder where the games are installed. How do I get the app to recognize the new download location, or, how can I delete the games so I can reinstall them
    in the drive.

:)

ItsBadLuckChuck, Feb 14, 2020
  2. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

just to be sure can you locate the drive via the File explorer in Windows itself?

If not then that is likely the cause that Windows itself can't even recognize the drive.
  3. mdonovan31 Win User

Xbox one x external hdd not showing games.

If you're still having the issue, try plugging your drive into a PC. If it isn't recognized as a separate drive, then it's likely corrupt and you'll need to reformat fresh on the PC to NTFS format before plugging it back into the Xbox and reformatting/reinstalling
    all of your games. I'm in the middle of that after exhausting all other options, including a factory reset of my console (didn't delete games and apps).
  4. Photonimus Win User

Is anyone having problems with playing mass effect 3? Not sure this should here or in Mass Effect 3 forum

No! Don't reformat your drive... As long as the 250 GB isn't all used, then you don't have too much on your drive. Your game could be having issues, delete and reinstall just the game.
  5. BaconisGood53 Win User

Lost all of my saved game data

Unfortunately, a hard drive reformats each time you plug it into a different brand of console, deleting the data.
  6. J Storm Win User

Xbox 360 resell help

System use and Xbox OS nothing to worry about it's the same with PC's. You can reformat the hard drive to be sure this will delete everything on the Hard Drive.
Thema:

1. Deleting games after Reformatting C Drive - Similar Threads - Deleting games Reformatting

2. Delete review, game history w/ achievement.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Delete review, game history w/ achievement.: Hey there I have been asking for all over the place, how can I delete some things that are bothering me for a while now. I have some reviews that I did for mistake that I want to delete (Microsoft...
  3. Pins and groups deleted from games and apps

in XboX Insiders
    Pins and groups deleted from games and apps: All of the groups I created are now gone. Only the pins group remains. Is this still an expected issue? Is it worth recreating the groups or will this just happen again and is there a way to...
  4. Please help, i want to delete all save data for this (online) game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help, i want to delete all save data for this (online) game: Ok, first off i need to explain why i need to so badly, even though some will argue that i have made so much progress i should just keep going. Considering by deleting the save data i am only...
  5. Game Clips Auto delete

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Clips Auto delete: Hi, Has anyone noticed there game clips been randomly been deleting on there own? I have 1tb free data on my Xbox One X, and I noticed after a couple of months they just delete To get around...
  6. delete a xbox 360 saved game from xbox one

in XBoX Accessibility
    delete a xbox 360 saved game from xbox one: I want to know how to access cloud to delete a saved game on there - I cant play a new game because it says I have too many playthroughs but it doesn't give me an option to delete one of my saved...
  7. Se me borran los juegos [Mod Translation - My games are deleted]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Se me borran los juegos [Mod Translation - My games are deleted]: Tengo un problema, desde hace meses instale el COD: Black Ops 4 y de la nada se borro sin que yo hiciera algo, tengo 365 gb de espacio creo, no uso memorias externas ni nada, recien se me borro...
  8. Brand New Xbox One X Deleted ALL OF MY GAMES

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Brand New Xbox One X Deleted ALL OF MY GAMES: I just bought this XBox 2 two weeks ago. And this morning I get ready to play a game I've been into for a while only find all of my games are uninstalled. I've looked online and there hasnt been...
  9. How do I make Xbox (beta) delete the installation files once a game is installed?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I make Xbox (beta) delete the installation files once a game is installed?: I have been wondering where all of the space on my PC is going, buying new SSD's and still running low... I've just discovered that Xbox (Beta) Game Pass is sitting on about 200Gb of files in its...
  10. Xbox one deleted around 300gb worth of my games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one deleted around 300gb worth of my games: Hi, im liam and recently i had 61 games on my xbox taking up around 800gb, and recently 300g worth of games disapered out of nowhere, the wernt even moved to my ready to instal, leaving me with...