Deleting games after Reformatting C Drive

Discus and support Deleting games after Reformatting C Drive in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; After some driver issues, I decided to reinstall Windows 10 on my C drive. This involved me reformatting the drive and it removing all of my apps. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ItsBadLuckChuck, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Deleting games after Reformatting C Drive

After some driver issues, I decided to reinstall Windows 10 on my C drive. This involved me reformatting the drive and it removing all of my apps. I re-installed the Xbox app and I can't play the games. Now I am running into a storage issue since the games
    are installed on a different drive and the app can't locate them. Along with that, I can't access the folder where the games are installed. How do I get the app to recognize the new download location, or, how can I delete the games so I can reinstall them
    in the drive.

:)

ItsBadLuckChuck, Feb 14, 2020
  2. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

just to be sure can you locate the drive via the File explorer in Windows itself?

If not then that is likely the cause that Windows itself can't even recognize the drive.
  3. mdonovan31 Win User

Xbox one x external hdd not showing games.

If you're still having the issue, try plugging your drive into a PC. If it isn't recognized as a separate drive, then it's likely corrupt and you'll need to reformat fresh on the PC to NTFS format before plugging it back into the Xbox and reformatting/reinstalling
    all of your games. I'm in the middle of that after exhausting all other options, including a factory reset of my console (didn't delete games and apps).
  4. Photonimus Win User

Is anyone having problems with playing mass effect 3? Not sure this should here or in Mass Effect 3 forum

No! Don't reformat your drive... As long as the 250 GB isn't all used, then you don't have too much on your drive. Your game could be having issues, delete and reinstall just the game.
  5. BaconisGood53 Win User

Lost all of my saved game data

Unfortunately, a hard drive reformats each time you plug it into a different brand of console, deleting the data.
  6. J Storm Win User

Xbox 360 resell help

System use and Xbox OS nothing to worry about it's the same with PC's. You can reformat the hard drive to be sure this will delete everything on the Hard Drive.
Thema:

1. Deleting games after Reformatting C Drive - Similar Threads - Deleting games Reformatting

2. Deleting a game permanently

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Deleting a game permanently: Hi, i have a game on disc i dont have the disc in at the moment but i uninstalled the game and it is in all owned games is it possible to permantly remove it from my xbox so it is completely...
  3. PLEASE HELP ME!! XBOX ONE S DELETES AND REINSTALLS 4 GAMES AUTOMATICALLY!!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PLEASE HELP ME!! XBOX ONE S DELETES AND REINSTALLS 4 GAMES AUTOMATICALLY!!!!: So i got a brand new Xbox One S for Christmas this year, and when i install a game from a disc, IT DELETES AND REINSTALLS IT AUTOMATICALLY WHEN I TURN THE CONSOLE OFF AND ON AGAIN AFTER I INSTALL...
  4. Game will not start or delete

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game will not start or delete: [img] does anyone know why my minecraft will not boot up, it just keeps saying something went wrong as you can see and i cant unistall it either idk what to do can someone help me here....
  5. Im not able to reinstall games i have already purchased and deleted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Im not able to reinstall games i have already purchased and deleted: So i got ark recently when it was on sale, and i accidently deleted it while installing something along with destiny( which i purchased on disk) now when i go to reinstall the game they don't show...
  6. XBOX ONE S DELETES AND RE-INSTALLS GAMES AUTOMATICALLY

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX ONE S DELETES AND RE-INSTALLS GAMES AUTOMATICALLY: So i got a brand new xbox one s for christmas this year, and it has been deleteing and re-installing games i already installed from the disc. This has happened with forza horizon 4, the long dark,...
  7. Xbox One S deletes and re-installs games that are already installed automatically

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S deletes and re-installs games that are already installed automatically: So I got a brand new Xbox One S 1TB for Cristmas this year, and its been re-installing games that i already installed from the disc. Its not just updating, because I dont have automatic updates...
  8. Remote install keeps re-installing deleted games.

in XboX Insiders
    Remote install keeps re-installing deleted games.: Iv encountered a very annoying bug related to the remote install feature. I have tried reporting the issue trough the insider app in the Series X but it just hangs in the "Gathering diagnostic...
  9. Save File Deleted- PC game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Save File Deleted- PC game pass: I was signed out by Xbox to change my password. Without realizing I was not signed in, I started deep rock galactic, but quickly realized I didn't have any of my stuff. I exited, signed in, and...
  10. Delete an Xbox game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Delete an Xbox game: I own COD MW disc package. It downloaded to my xbox as the disc package, so it needs the disc to work. My xbox no longer reads discs because its very old and falling apart. I only want to play...