Denied a refund on digital purchase with no explanation whatsoever

Discus and support Denied a refund on digital purchase with no explanation whatsoever in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I bought Mafia Trilogy on the day of release, then found out that because I owned the deluxe version of Mafia 3, I should actually have made the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SteveHargreaves, May 24, 2020.

1. Denied a refund on digital purchase with no explanation whatsoever

So I bought Mafia Trilogy on the day of release, then found out that because I owned the deluxe version of Mafia 3, I should actually have made the purchase in-game though the Mafia 3 options menu (I mean how could I possibly have known that when it wasn't
    made clear unless you trawled through 2K's Twitter feed?) and that way would receive a discount because I already owned Mafia 3.

I contacted MS immediately requesting a refund, and after several days they have simply sent me an email saying the case is closed with no explanation whatsoever?

Looking on the purchase history now, it just says "denied" for Mafia Trilogy. I've had refunds for mush less problems than this. So who should I contact to find out why it was denied, seeing as the supposed email explaining why hasn't arrived?

I could accept it, if this was a big error on my part, but whoever buys new games by going through the menu on one of the previous ones? Cheers for any help.

:)

SteveHargreaves, May 24, 2020
  2. SteveHargreaves Win User

Well I tried replying to the email they sent me, and they have literally, verbatim, sent the exact same email response with no explanation :/

It's obvious at this point, that nobody there is actually taking the time to read my request and seeing the context of it. Lazy service if ever I saw it.
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

reply to the email you got denying it and explain that to them.
  4. Jed1MasterYoda7 Win User

Did you play the triology first before sending in the refund request? Because if you did that most likely could be a reason for denial. Another reason for denial could be if you requested refunds to many times. Hope this is somewhat helpful
  5. MMC KC Win User

reply to the email you got and tell them you didn't and you could also set us an appointment with Xbox support so you can talk to the phone.
  6. SteveHargreaves Win User

Did you play the triology first before sending in the refund request? Because if you did that most likely could be a reason for denial. Another reason for denial could be if you requested refunds to many times. Hope this is somewhat helpful
    I'd played it for maybe 30 minutes or so. The game (Mafia 2) has some serious issues, and a problem with the sound in cutscenes as well. It was while looking on 2K's Twitter feed on how to report bugs, that I saw people asking about the discount.

I've tried explaining to Microsoft that I don't want a full refund and not purchase it again. I just want to purchase it the correct way to get the discount. It should have been explained in the MS Store page how current owners could but the game with the
    saving.
Thema:

1. Denied a refund on digital purchase with no explanation whatsoever - Similar Threads - Denied refund digital

2. My refunds have been denied

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    My refunds have been denied: So I tried to refund a add on in fortnite "vbucks" And it got denied I seem to have not had the passion to play and had racked up high bill for the game and I tried contacting you guys through...
  3. Refund Request Denied

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund Request Denied: I bought a game by accident a few days ago, since i didnt know there was a possibility to refund a played for about 50m - 1h after playing i got so mad because i really didnt like the game. I...
  4. Refund denied.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund denied.: A couple of days ago I got a 50$ from my dad. My step sister grew jealous. Once I had left to go take a nap. I forgot to sign out of my account. so my step sister bought things that I don't even...
  5. Refund denied - who to contact to appeal?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Refund denied - who to contact to appeal?: So, 1 day 2 purchases went through. The games were downloaded and opened for a fre minutes. I have requested a refund for both of them within a few hours from purchase. 1 was approved and the...
  6. My Refund Got Denied

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Refund Got Denied: Yeah, my little brother was playing Jurassic world evolution, and got two DLCs, and 1000 V bucks for Fortnite. So when I asked for a refund, I waited 72 hours, then my refund got denied, it was...
  7. Denied a refund with no email explanation as to why

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Denied a refund with no email explanation as to why: I bought a game on the 23rd of this month which has not succeeded 14 days even as of the typing of this community note. I requested the refund for the game i digitally bought and was denied the...
  8. Refund request denied.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund request denied.: I am a key worker and whilst being at work my son purchased a game on my console bypassing my pin to which he knew as I use the same pin for everything. I requested a refund for the game purchased...
  9. Denied a refund for an xbox digital game purchased accidentally by someone else, when the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Denied a refund for an xbox digital game purchased accidentally by someone else, when the...: Hello, I created a Refund Request for an Xbox digital game that was accidentally purchased by someone else in my family. The game was never opened or played. I requested a refund 13 days after...
  10. Digital Download Refunds being denied/ defrauding me of $500

in XBoX on Consoles
    Digital Download Refunds being denied/ defrauding me of $500: Well for 3 or going on 4 days I've been given the run-around by Microsoft over a refund I requested. I believe this is due to the fact that it is a complicated ticket and someone will actually...