Designlabs warranty less than normal controller warranty - why?

Discus and support Designlabs warranty less than normal controller warranty - why? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I brought my son a custom designlabs controller 10 months ago. Last night he said it was broken so I said no problem, it's a premium product and will... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by G4rthy, Sep 16, 2019.

1. G4rthy
    G4rthy Guest

I brought my son a custom designlabs controller 10 months ago. Last night he said it was broken so I said no problem, it's a premium product and will be covered by warranty. I go online to find out that the warranty is only 6 months, half that of normal
    controllers and accessories. Why is that?

:)

G4rthy, Sep 16, 2019
  2. AirNebula732 Win User

Hey there

Thanks for reaching out to us with this question. The warranty for Design Lab controllers is 120 days (6 months).
    for any troubleshooting you need for your controller. If you do need servicing for your controller, you can set it up here

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/xbox-design-lab-and-controller-help

If you want to know why the warranty is shorter I'm sure you can find that information there

Thanks for coming to the xbox forums
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi G4rthy,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this question. Regard the warranty period for our standard accessories (controllers, headsets, etc.), they are covered with a 90 day manufacturers warranty. As you know, the Design Lab controller is 120
    days (6 months) and for our consoles and Elite controllers the time frame would be one year from the date of purchase of the item.

Microsoft Services Agreement

Microsoft Device Service Terms and Conditions

Xbox Warranty and Service

I hope that this information helps out.
  4. brandiesel1 Win User

Standard controllers only have 90 days warranty.
  5. Jowster12 Win User

Hello,

You should go to https://support.xbox.com to get help with it
  6. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Hi G4rthy,

Actually the Designlab controller has a longer warranty period 120 days, which has already been stated, all standard controllers which only have a 90 day warranty from purchase date.
Thema:

1. Designlabs warranty less than normal controller warranty - why? - Similar Threads - Designlabs warranty less

2. xBox one-s, awaria przycisku RB - gwarancja (xBox one-S, RB button failure-Warranty)

in XBoX on Consoles
    xBox one-s, awaria przycisku RB - gwarancja (xBox one-S, RB button failure-Warranty): Cześć, kupiłem dzieciakom rok temu na początku sierpnia xBox one-s. Od kilku tygodni nie działa im przycisk RB. Czy taka usterka objęta jest gwarancją i jaka jest procedura w przypadku popsucia?...
  3. Elite Controller Warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Warranty: Hi, my elite controller's left stick is defective, and in every game or apps including netflix, which proves the problem is not from the games settings. In my user manual, it is mentioned that the...
  4. Xbox One S standard controller = what is the standard warranty?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S standard controller = what is the standard warranty?: Hello, I purchased an Xbox One S bundle, which includes the console and two standard controllers, on December 5, 2018. I have noticed a consistent problem with only one of the controllers, where...
  5. Xbox one x warranty for second owner.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x warranty for second owner.: I purchased an xbox one x from an australian auction which is still under warranty, can I get repairs free still? I may need to send it in. 054f4216-3821-4e34-b280-eda61e9b82a1
  6. elite remote warranty check

in XBoX on Consoles
    elite remote warranty check: Hi I Have two Microsoft Elite remote controller and I want to check if they are still under warranty. how can I do that? is there a link to add the serial number or something? Thanks...
  7. One S controller malfunctions. Warranty expired, What Do Now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    One S controller malfunctions. Warranty expired, What Do Now?: Got an S for my birthday. 5 months later, controller won't connect wirelessly, it vibrates continuously even when the controller is turned off. When i plug it in to the console, it will work for a...
  8. Reward points not credited for designlab purchase

in XBoX Rewards
    Reward points not credited for designlab purchase: Hey, I made two purchases from Designlabs for custom controllers. I should have recieved 10,000 reward points but they are not accredited to my account. Microsoft support directed me here. How...
  9. XboxOne Designlab Gamepad Issues with Vibration Sound and Plastic

in XBoX on Consoles
    XboxOne Designlab Gamepad Issues with Vibration Sound and Plastic: Hey Guys. Im from Germany. (so, sorry for some bad spelling). I bought an Xbox One Controller from Designlab. The vibration enginge has a unnormal "ringing", that other Xbox pads dont have. And...
  10. Designlabs

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Designlabs: Hey guys im living in the UK and want to make a custom controller but will not let me ship to the UK. How to i get one? 6be10499-74e5-4765-9ea9-c819898a7473